Author Topic: Raptors (33-12) at Celtics (25-18) Game #44 1/16/19  (Read 38075 times)

Re: Raptors (33-12) at Celtics (25-18) Game #44 1/16/19
« Reply #540 on: January 16, 2019, 10:54:18 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Having Baynes back was also a refreshing site to see.

I root for Timelord but the reality is, we really missed Baynes in recent times and when both Horford and Baynes are out or less than 100%, then that creates a problem for this team given our depth in the center department.

He was fantastic tonight and we really needed that. We also missed him in the recent Bucks game we played where he could have made an impact (along with Horford who also missed that game).

And Baynes is the only guy on the team with a ring (championship experience) so he can also help set the tone for this team and guide them to hopefully a Finals run.

« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2019, 10:54:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Return of Kyrie, Smart and Baynes tonight.
Think bench shows up big time.
Celtics by 5 in a close game
I like being right.

Okay so they won by a couple points more than 5 but still pretty accurate.

« Reply #542 on: January 16, 2019, 10:55:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I root for Timelord but the reality is, we really missed Baynes in recent times and when both Horford and Baynes are out or less than 100%, then that creates a problem for this team given our depth in the center department.

He was fantastic tonight and we really needed that. We also missed him in the recent Bucks game we played where he could have made an impact (along with Horford who also missed that game).

And Baynes is the only guy on the team with a ring (championship experience) so he can also help set the tone for this team and guide them to hopefully a Finals run.

Yeh but he didn't do much that series  :D
Yup

« Reply #543 on: January 16, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

SMH what a brain fart, how did I forget  :P

But yeah Baynes AND Kyrie have that experience!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #544 on: January 16, 2019, 10:58:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Lol Phantom. I know you're young so having a senior moment and forgetting Kyrie, the guy who probably hit one of the biggest Finals shots of the last decade or more, has a ring is inexcusable.

Lol😂😂🤣🤣

« Reply #545 on: January 16, 2019, 10:59:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
great finish against the team they'll have to beat to get to the finals.  where was this effort the other night when they collapsed down the stretch?

That's one of this team's big problems: They seem to get up for the good teams, but often crap out against the bad. It's nice to have a good combined record against Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly, and Indiana, but the fact that they've struggled so much against bad teams tells me that these guys often don't have their heads in the right place. And that poor play is going to cost them big-time with playoff seeding and home court.
that's the thing for me - I don't worry about how this team stands up against the other top teams in the league in terms of talent but in terms of effort.  I still think they'll catch Philly and Indy before the end of the season but I think the 3rd seed may be their ceiling going into the playoffs

« Reply #546 on: January 16, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Great win against a great team. Now let's hope we can start winning on the road and if we can beat bad teams. Baynes being in the rotation made a big defensive difference tonight. Hayward looked confident. A total team effort led by 18 dimes from Kyrie. Let's go!!

« Reply #547 on: January 16, 2019, 11:01:12 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Pretty sure Kyrie has a ring too  :angel:

Baynes makes a big difference to our defense though.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #548 on: January 16, 2019, 11:01:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Lol Phantom. I know you're young so having a senior moment and forgetting Kyrie, the guy who probably hit one of the biggest Finals shots of the last decade or more, has a ring is inexcusable.

Lol😂😂🤣🤣

Yeah I blame it on the long week. Classes started back for me last week and now things are just starting to pick up a bit (but thank god this is a long weekend coming up!)  :P

« Reply #549 on: January 16, 2019, 11:02:43 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I was ready for a frustrating game from the tip (literally, Horford didn’t even jump). We rebounded from a slow start behind Hayward, Brown, and Baynes.

Excellent 2nd but TOR did miss a lot of easy looks. Sloppy second half until the last 5 minutes, but obviously they showed up tonight.

And that’s what makes them so frustrating. They’d hardly be the first great team to coast, but they’d arguably be youngest. I get teams like Cleveland, Golden State, and especially our 2010-2012 teams coasting, because they are vets and know their bodies and the grind.

We are 6-3 against the current top-4 in the East, which is encouraging. The problem is we are undefeated at home and winless on the road. We need to either start racking up wins and start climbing the standings, or be prepared to go into the other arenas and steal some games.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #550 on: January 16, 2019, 11:08:34 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I will miss a day of trade everyone threads..😁. Guess Kyrie is pretty awesome and clearly the best star on the court when it counts. Lets trade him now while his value is high 🤔😁

« Reply #551 on: January 16, 2019, 11:09:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Lol😂😂🤣🤣

Yeah I blame it on the long week. Classes started back for me last week and now things are just starting to pick up a bit (but thank god this is a long weekend coming up!)  :P

Idk maybe this is why Kyrie wanted to leave Lebron’s shadow, seeing some like me almost forget Kyrie had a ring despite him hitting the most important shot of those playoffs  :P

And yeah I posted this on the Celticsblog recap article too and now I have to reply and correct my mistake there lol welp.

« Reply #552 on: January 16, 2019, 11:19:54 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Kyrie being interviewed said he called LeBum after the Orlando game to apologize for being a young player who was headstrong and also to ask for advice on how to deal with Boston’s own young players and how to guide them the way LeBum was trying to guide him when all he wanted was big paycheck, more shots and making All Star teams etc. particularly since Kyrie had to adjust his own game from being the Man to being the Second when LeBum came back to Cleveland.

I’m sure the full interview will be on Twitter shortly it’s well worth listening to.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #553 on: January 16, 2019, 11:23:21 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I hope the image of Kyrie holding up the 'BOSTON" on his jersey becomes just as iconic as the images of Pierce and KG doing the same

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #554 on: January 16, 2019, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Kyrie being interviewed said he called LeBum after the Orlando game to apologize for being a young player who was headstrong and also to ask for advice on how to deal with Boston’s own young players and how to guide them the way LeBum was trying to guide him when all he wanted was big paycheck, more shots and making All Star teams etc. particularly since Kyrie had to adjust his own game from being the Man to being the Second when LeBum came back to Cleveland.

I’m sure the full interview will be on Twitter shortly it’s well worth listening to.

Interviewed in the locker room?