Author Topic: Sixers (14-30) at Celtics (15-32) Game #48 1/29/14  (Read 52515 times)

Re: Sixers (14-30) at Celtics (15-32) Game #48 1/29/14
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
AB and Bass.  For Asik.

very tempting and asik will give us a rim protector right?

Yup.........

Johnson handles the ball better and shot better than AB

« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:18 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
AB and Bass.  For Asik.

very tempting and asik will give us a rim protector right?
right right but once again will become a pouting diva once we got embiid. :D

« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2014, 10:25:49 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
These are the games you have to get an L if your tanking…its alright to beat a Miami or OKC but the bottom dwellers need to score W's against you.  Our percentage for 1st went from 11% to 15%.  I don't care if we get 1 or 2, but it sounds like top 3 is a must.

1. Embid
2. Parker

Love the Harris kid from Mich St if we some how go on a streak…could be a big upgrade over AB.
right now Chris Johnson is an upgrade over AB   :-\

You people love to hate on AB...
nope -- just calling it as I see it this year.  AB's D isn't what is was in past years and Johnson shows a much better all-around game on offense while playing respectable D

I cannot argue with that assessment.

Let's see, Bradley next season at 7 million, or Johnson at the league minimum? I'll take Johnson.

right because we will need cap space if we are to get lucky and either lure a FA (yeah i know) away fromk somewhere else OR we need the money to sign a guy long term after we trade for him. we need to be getting our moneys worth for each player.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2014, 10:26:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
These are the games you have to get an L if your tanking…its alright to beat a Miami or OKC but the bottom dwellers need to score W's against you.  Our percentage for 1st went from 11% to 15%.  I don't care if we get 1 or 2, but it sounds like top 3 is a must.

1. Embid
2. Parker

Love the Harris kid from Mich St if we some how go on a streak…could be a big upgrade over AB.

nope -- just calling it as I see it this year.  AB's D isn't what is was in past years and Johnson shows a much better all-around game on offense while playing respectable D

Did you ever stop to think that AB's D is hindered by us not having a big to man the paint, our pick and roll D from our bigs is HORRIBLE, and the fact that he was playing beside guys like Crawford on defense? Nope it's all on AB. Even though his D has not been up to par he has at least tried to help by giving offense and til those last like 3 games played he was shooting the ball very well and getting a lot per shot. So, like I said it's hating to hate. AB trying to do what Green is suppose to do but wont, can't blame  him for trying to step up when no one else was!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

1. Embid
2. Parker

Did you ever stop to think that AB's D is hindered by us not having a big to man the paint, our pick and roll D from our bigs is HORRIBLE, and the fact that he was playing beside guys like Crawford on defense? Nope it's all on AB. Even though his D has not been up to par he has at least tried to help by giving offense and til those last like 3 games played he was shooting the ball very well and getting a lot per shot. So, like I said it's hating to hate. AB trying to do what Green is suppose to do but wont, can't blame  him for trying to step up when no one else was!

I agree.  Someone has to put up shots.

Sometimes you have to force the issue.  Avery was taking shots but some really does have to.  I think this forum gets super against that.  I'm for efficient basketball too but sometimes you need to take tough shots.  Players like Durant take tough shots.  Pierce took tough shots.

And they're young players being asked to do a lot.  It won't happen well consistently.  That's how it is.  But I personally like that Avery and Sullinger have at times really taken offensive responsibility on and have had some big games.

For our future, our team pretty badly needs another scorer.  I'm hoping we find that in the draft this year.  But until then we have to score somehow.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Lets also talk about Sully having 8 offensive rebounds tonight too.

« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:18 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Lets also talk about Sully having 8 offensive rebounds tonight too.

BEASTLY!

thank you coach stevens!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2014, 10:48:04 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Oh man what a great loss for this team. They're really mad on the sixers board it's funny. But yeah we're on our way to a top 3 pick easy

« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Oh man what a great loss for this team. They're really mad on the sixers board it's funny. But yeah we're on our way to a top 3 pick easy

I hate that we lost, I don't care bout a pick! I feel the exact opposite of those 6er fans, I would be happy if we pulled it out.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

if they make FT's they win by around 10. So their fans are pulling for a tank eh?  :D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2014, 10:54:36 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

I hate that we lost, I don't care bout a pick! I feel the exact opposite of those 6er fans, I would be happy if we pulled it out.

I get what you're saying and in a sense I feel bad but i wouldn't say I'm really happy but it doesn't bother me either and when I say it's a "great loss" i mean for the future.

I mean I honestly believed this team was better than it was when it overachieved and figured we may as well win as much as possible. But these last few weeks have shown that we're an awful basketball team. What's the point of winning anything this year? That pick is going to be pure gold for our future and we need a down year if we want to rise from the ashes

« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2014, 10:56:01 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

if they make FT's they win by around 10. So their fans are pulling for a tank eh?  :D

You'd think we were in Vietnam with these tanks

« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
just got home and missed the game  :-[
help me out only going by stat line
sully 25 shots to score 24 pts?
ko seems to have a good all around game
hump solid again
wallace 33 minutes and 0-1??????
How was our defense?  NY game was god awful!

« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

I get what you're saying and in a sense I feel bad but i wouldn't say I'm really happy but it doesn't bother me either and when I say it's a "great loss" i mean for the future.

I mean I honestly believed this team was better than it was when it overachieved and figured we may as well win as much as possible. But these last few weeks have shown that we're an awful basketball team. What's the point of winning anything this year? That pick is going to be pure gold for our future and we need a down year if we want to rise from the ashes

Yeah it'll be worth it.

I'm a Colts fan and sat through a terribly embarassing season but was rewarded with Andrew Luck.  So it can be great to be patient and think long term.

I like a lot of our players we just need a guy with for sure All-Star potential out of the draft (or well... a trade.  Anything is possible with Ainge).

« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
wiggins with 2 straight 27 point games

embiid with 14/10, grabs a one handed offensive rebound swishing 2 free throws to put the game out of reach. beautiful looking stroke at the free throw line.

and we all know parker has all the moves

:o