4 (7.7%)
Celtics in 5
23 (44.2%)
Celtics in 6
22 (42.3%)
Celtics in 7
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Poll: Cavaliers vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 4950 times)

Re: Poll: Cavaliers vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2024, 10:11:49 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Ok well I haven't read it anywhere else so I'm going to call this one a deep., Celtics in four. These Celtics know a title is on the line and will be focused and ready. We match up with Cleveland very well and I think we get a few pleasant surprises from our bench in this series.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2024, 06:08:09 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
id say C's in 5 or 6. There will be a game where mitchell goes supernova and wins them one maybe 2 at most. but Cavs wont beat Boston 4 times our of 7.

their offense wasn't that great against the magic and they never won a road game the entire series. they scored like 80-90 points in all their road games. I dont think they will be able to keep up with our offense.

magic are a great defensive team which is what got them to 7 games. but so are celtics, and the difference is celtics offense is also great where the magics is mediocre.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 07:00:49 AM by cman88 »

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2024, 07:20:40 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
Celtics in 6 or 7.
Way too much overconfident homerism as usual. I’ll be happy to be wrong and watch the Celtics “easily win in 4 or 5” but not sure in which world I could predict it

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2024, 08:19:49 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I’m saying Celtics in 6; probably would’ve guessed 5 if we had Porzingis; I’m thinking there will be a game that Mitchell completely goes off and another where Strus hits 6-7 3’s and someone like Carid LeVert has a big game too

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2024, 11:06:16 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402
I'm calling Cs in 5. We will lose a home game, probably the 2nd game, but win everything else.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2024, 11:19:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559
I'm calling Cs in 5. We will lose a home game, probably the 2nd game, but win everything else.
I'd be pretty stunned if Cleveland won in Boston. Cavs are a terrible road team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2024, 11:22:25 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I'd be pretty stunned if Cleveland won in Boston. Cavs are a terrible road team.

Agree. I think the Cs have a clean sheet at home this round.

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2024, 11:32:19 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

Nothing stuns me anymore about the Celtics home games. I mean they lost to Miami at home in Game 2 without Butler and Rozier. Last year we were supposed to clean up teams like the Hawks, 76ers, and Heat at home but seems like we were sub .500 at the TD Garden during that run.

Cavs are more competent than the Heat, but not tough as nails as a healthy Bucks squad.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2024, 11:35:38 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376

Nothing stuns me anymore about the Celtics home games. I mean they lost to Miami at home in Game 2 without Butler and Rozier. Last year we were supposed to clean up teams like the Hawks, 76ers, and Heat at home but seems like we were sub .500 at the TD Garden during that run.

Cavs are more competent than the Heat, but not tough as nails as a healthy Bucks squad.

don't they have an amazing record at home this season though? 37-4

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2024, 03:17:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
C’s in five.

While the Cavs are a good defensive team, they’re good primarily due to their size and interior D, and they have a host of really poor perimeter defenders. I expect our offense to light them up from the perimeter.

Defensively, Mobley and Allen being non-shooters and non-scoring threats should bode well for our attempts to limit Mitchell, though I expect him to go nuclear and power them to a victory in at least one game.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2024, 03:24:56 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993
Voting C’s in 5, but noting that over the prior four playoffs, the Celtics led by Tatum and Brown won in 7 each of the three times they made it to the second round, with three different coaches no less.  So while they should win in 5, they’ve clearly had trouble in Round 2 in the past.  (Note over that same period, their average first-round was a 4-1 series win, like this year).

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2024, 07:15:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Allen is listed as questionable for tomorrow but some Cleveland beat guys seem to think he could return pretty soon, maybe even as early as tomorrow.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2024, 07:36:14 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 235
5 if Allen doesn’t play, 6 if he comes back.

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2024, 08:03:25 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1503
Allen is listed as questionable for tomorrow but some Cleveland beat guys seem to think he could return pretty soon, maybe even as early as tomorrow.

I was reading just the opposite earlier today, that he was still having a very hard time when he moves his arms above his head, like a def stance.  No matter what you would think he would be a bit limited for a couple games before getting back to 100%.

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2024, 10:12:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

I was reading just the opposite earlier today, that he was still having a very hard time when he moves his arms above his head, like a def stance.  No matter what you would think he would be a bit limited for a couple games before getting back to 100%.

Oh ok never mind. I was just reading some posts on Twitter but I also see Windhorst said what you said^.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller