Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36379 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2019, 09:03:41 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I wonder if this guy has CTE.  His behavior keeps getting worse.  What a bad dude... at the very least, what disgusting behavior.  He seems like a patient on the psych ward I work on.  Part of me wouldn’t mind seeing something bad happen to him.  The other part just thinks he’s crazy and getting crazier very rapidly.  I don’t really want him on the Patriots anymore.  He’s become the media face of the franchise which has Tom Brady.  I don’t want to see or hear about him anymore.

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89
He obviously doesn’t have Brett Kavanaugh’s connections.

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2019, 09:54:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Based on all the alleged screw jobs AB has done (if half are true) this suit even if its a ploy to get money off AB is well deserved. Karma is a .....

« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Why is it assumed that Bill Belichik wanted and went after Antonio Brown? To me, it makes more sense that Robert Kraft wanted Brown, and was squarely focused on acquiring the best receiver in the NFL and didn’t have the time to do the team’s due diligence because of time constraints. Lets face it, Brady is Robert Kraft and the team’s binky, who has one year remaining on his contract before finally becoming a free agent. Don’t you think the owner will do anything in his power to keep his favorite player? What better way to help your quarterback, than to acquire the best receiver in the game? It makes no sense for Belichik to want Brown, as he doesn’t like distractions and by some accounts has been ready to move on from Brady.

The owner and team have been on spin control all summer, thanks to Kraft’s massage parlor visits. Lying has been in their best interest lately. I’m just amazed that the reporters have been falling for the PR bull the Patriots have released about Brown, especially how Kraft wouldn’t have signed off on the deal if he knew about the allegations. I do agree that Kraft wouldn’t have signed Brown if he knew about the allegations. However, the spin is making it seem like signing Brown in the first place was all Bill’s idea. There’s nothing to sign off on, when you’re the top guy, and you told Bill to get Brown in the first place.

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2019, 09:19:57 AM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
I wonder if this guy has CTE.  His behavior keeps getting worse.  What a bad dude... at the very least, what disgusting behavior.  He seems like a patient on the psych ward I work on.  Part of me wouldn’t mind seeing something bad happen to him.  The other part just thinks he’s crazy and getting crazier very rapidly.  I don’t really want him on the Patriots anymore.  He’s become the media face of the franchise which has Tom Brady.  I don’t want to see or hear about him anymore.

Wishing harm upon another human is somehow better? Smh
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2019, 10:39:45 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Why is it assumed that Bill Belichik wanted and went after Antonio Brown? To me, it makes more sense that Robert Kraft wanted Brown, and was squarely focused on acquiring the best receiver in the NFL and didn’t have the time to do the team’s due diligence because of time constraints. Lets face it, Brady is Robert Kraft and the team’s binky, who has one year remaining on his contract before finally becoming a free agent. Don’t you think the owner will do anything in his power to keep his favorite player? What better way to help your quarterback, than to acquire the best receiver in the game? It makes no sense for Belichik to want Brown, as he doesn’t like distractions and by some accounts has been ready to move on from Brady.

The owner and team have been on spin control all summer, thanks to Kraft’s massage parlor visits. Lying has been in their best interest lately. I’m just amazed that the reporters have been falling for the PR bull the Patriots have released about Brown, especially how Kraft wouldn’t have signed off on the deal if he knew about the allegations. I do agree that Kraft wouldn’t have signed Brown if he knew about the allegations. However, the spin is making it seem like signing Brown in the first place was all Bill’s idea. There’s nothing to sign off on, when you’re the top guy, and you told Bill to get Brown in the first place.

Because Belichick makes the final decisions with the roster

« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

If it was Kraft's idea than it is brilliant of him. AB's mess is the focus of the media now instead of still hearing about Kraft's  mess the whole season. After a year no one will care about Kraft and Kraft will be happy.

« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I be surprise if he plays another game this year..really think something will go down this week
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I be surprise if he plays another game this year..really think something will go down this week
Its a civil case, not criminal. The investigation by the NFL is just beginning and their investigations tend to take a quite a bit of time. Meanwhile, they have basically already decided to let him play until the investigation is finished and the NFL office decides what to do. Brown will be a Patriot for a while. Probably the whole year.

Heck, Chung was arrested for possession of cocaine and the League has done nothing. They investigated Tyreke Hill. Nothing. They investigated or are investigating Robert Kraft. Nothing. I see much the same happening, nothing, especially if Taylor's suit against Brown ends up in some sort of settlement payout.

« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This all really points to my belief that the NFL shouldn't do anything with off field issues that don't affect the field of play.  There is no reason at all for the league to do anything with this sort of thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2019, 06:58:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
This all really points to my belief that the NFL shouldn't do anything with off field issues that don't affect the field of play.  There is no reason at all for the league to do anything with this sort of thing.

I agree. The NFL shouldn’t act as judge, jury, and executioner in off the field matters. There’s a court system for a reason, where a person is innocent until proven guilty. It’s almost as if the NFL acts as if their players are guilty before being proven innocent, in order to appease the media’s desire for blood.

I know many here will disagree, but I had no issue with Roger Goodell going after Brady for deflategate. To me, that was an on the field issue, where the commissioner has to come down with a hammer if he suspects cheating is involved.

« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2019, 09:38:55 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Dirt. Bag.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-text-accuser-children-patriots-043700460.html

Dude is implicitly threatening kids now?
I think he isnt a good guy but that text doesn't say any thing about threating or threating kids. The context is clear, he says to see her and her situation with all the kids as a financial thing, nothing suggest a threat.

He will need to build a case to show she is after money if she did falsely acuse him because its all he said she said so again there needs to be an investigation.

Again I don't like Brown but I don't agree with trying to narrate something falsely.