Author Topic: Celtics (14-14) at Warriors (20-10) 12/29  (Read 70229 times)

Re: Celtics (14-14) at Warriors (20-10) 12/29
« Reply #570 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:00 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Limbs flying everywhere.

Don't know why, but this visual made me laugh.  ;D

Tommy will soon be singing the praises of his "herky jerky" style, and how it keeps opponents off balance, and comparing it to a similar style by some C's benchwarmer from the 1954 squad. So, we have that to look forward to.

« Reply #571 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:14 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Jeff Green MUST go

why? i agree his defense has been poor but his offensive potential is something we absolutely NEED on this team that is starving for offense.

Key word. And it's almost all I've ever seen from this kid.

you kids are so fickle. if we win and jeff plays good no one acknolwedges his good play but everytime we lose we automatically make green the only scape goate

This just isn't true.  Don't call out posters for things they don't say.

I criticize Jeff because he is underperforming at an epic level.
agree. the only thing that is not under performing is his paycheck.

« Reply #572 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:26 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Why we hating on green tonight when ppeirce and terry have been awful?  I agree that green's out there working at least.

They can trade Terry too
So if they stink, trade them?  What you expect to get back for stinky players except for different stinky players?
I don't want Boston to have to play against Terry in the playoffs. Trade him out West.

Playoffs? Playoffs?  ;D

We talkin' 'bout the Playoffs?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #573 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1613
Guys not hitting open shots = Doc's fault
Defense lazy = Doc's fault
Everything = Doc's fault.

I do not know what I am missing, but this roster of guys are not executing like past rosters of guys. Doc is frustrated - like us - and is working with the players he has. If he had put in the bench like many of you wanted and we still got smeared like this, you would jump on him for that. "How can you sit Pierce? KG? Terry?"

If Ainge makes a move, gets rid of some dead weight and brings in some new blood and the Celtics turn this thing around, does Doc get any credit for that? Probably not - it will be in spite of him I bet.

I understand the frustration, but this is so clearly not a coaching issue this season. Take a look at Doc's face sometime after one of those jumpers we all hate. He wouldnt argue with you.

The sad fact is, the Celtics get themselves into a mess in games, down way too many, and then they just cannot catch up. Few teams - if any - could.

Cousins...trouble and all...is welcome.

???  if they are missing wide open looks no that is not docs fault. but are we attacking this game like we did the last two? will we post up sully every game going forward now? where was that earlier? Will we stop using the RA screens much of the time on JET? there is plenty doc is responsible for. along with players also.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #574 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:41 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Awful game by Pierce.  One of the worst of his career.  He had no legs at all. 

I don't get this defensive scheme at all.  There was one play early in the game that puzzled me so I rewound it.  Curry played a screen and roll with Barnes on the right wing so Collins bolted to that side of the court, flooding the strongside.  Only problem was, his guy, Ezeli just stood still on the other side.  After Curry got free, KG was left guarding two people.  Golden State had acres of free space.  Was it really necessary to flood the strongside so early?  There is no watching man and ball.  There must be something going wrong.  Flooding the strongside is part of Thibs' scheme but the way the Celtics are doing it, it's just setting up constant 1 on 2s. 

« Reply #575 on: December 30, 2012, 12:51:04 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
So far we have been out scored out west 207-160.. Soild C's.. Solid..

« Reply #576 on: December 30, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
I don't want to TRADE Terry ...I want Boston to PAY somebody to take him away ....anywhere but this team

« Reply #577 on: December 30, 2012, 12:52:05 AM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
Why we hating on green tonight when ppeirce and terry have been awful?  I agree that green's out there working at least.

They can trade Terry too
So if they stink, trade them?  What you expect to get back for stinky players except for different stinky players?
Shall we just sit and watch and do and say nothing?...

« Reply #578 on: December 30, 2012, 12:52:06 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Worst back to back losses in 10 years

« Reply #579 on: December 30, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
which way is up

« Reply #580 on: December 30, 2012, 12:52:45 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Jarrett Jack was huge in that fourth period. Really guided Golden State home during a rough stretch in that game. 14 points, 4 assists and 4 rebounds in 33 minutes.

Boston paid for not having an available backup PG tonight.

« Reply #581 on: December 30, 2012, 12:52:49 AM »

• Bill Sharman
goodnight guys only so much of this roadtrip i can take and it is late.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #582 on: December 30, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Jeff Green MUST go

why? i agree his defense has been poor but his offensive potential is something we absolutely NEED on this team that is starving for offense.

Key word. And it's almost all I've ever seen from this kid.

you kids are so fickle. if we win and jeff plays good no one acknolwedges his good play but everytime we lose we automatically make green the only scape goate

This just isn't true.  Don't call out posters for things they don't say.

I criticize Jeff because he is underperforming at an epic level.
agree. the only thing that is not under performing is his paycheck.

if you look at his numbers besides his points and fg% this is actually his best game. he has a season high 9 rebounds and 2 steals/blks this game.

« Reply #583 on: December 30, 2012, 12:53:44 AM »

• Bill Sharman
Worst back to back losses in 10 years

whole roadtrip has been HOT GARBAGE

F A C T
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #584 on: December 30, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Guys not hitting open shots = Doc's fault
Defense lazy = Doc's fault
Everything = Doc's fault.

I do not know what I am missing, but this roster of guys are not executing like past rosters of guys. Doc is frustrated - like us - and is working with the players he has. If he had put in the bench like many of you wanted and we still got smeared like this, you would jump on him for that. "How can you sit Pierce? KG? Terry?"

If Ainge makes a move, gets rid of some dead weight and brings in some new blood and the Celtics turn this thing around, does Doc get any credit for that? Probably not - it will be in spite of him I bet.

I understand the frustration, but this is so clearly not a coaching issue this season. Take a look at Doc's face sometime after one of those jumpers we all hate. He wouldnt argue with you.

The sad fact is, the Celtics get themselves into a mess in games, down way too many, and then they just cannot catch up. Few teams - if any - could.

Cousins...trouble and all...is welcome.

???  if they are missing wide open looks no that is not docs fault. but are we attacking this game like we did the last two? will we post up sully every game going forward now? where was that earlier? Will we stop using the RA screens much of the time on JET? there is plenty doc is responsible for. along with players also.

Sanity! Thank you. I am not saying Doc has no hand in the problems. But reading these threads it is like Doc is the problem, Doc needs to go, Doc cant coach, etc.., I put these struggles a lot more on Ainge (for the roster) and the players on the court (for not executing) than Doc.

The worst thing Doc could do is start adjusting the lineup over and over and over again. He has to put together a plan and trust his players. This game tonight was another one where the players just left something in the locker room.

Still, I am not discouraged completely. I see some really good talent out there and if we can bring in someone to compliment us inside, the Celtics could suddenly be among the stronger teams in the league again. It is hardly a lock, but I can see it happening.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."