Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 215170 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #1470 on: March 05, 2019, 07:12:32 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Trae Young has 47 points.

Wow Hawks and Bulls in TRIPLE OT  :o

And yeah, Doncic is a stud, but maybe this trade ends up a big win for BOTH teams (not just Dallas).

Young has looked phenomenal lately.
It's great to see Trae picking it up, especially when I said that the Hawks made it out like robbers in the trade lol. I expect that Mavs lotto pick to be pretty good, if the Hawks draft well they could get a very nice prospect.
I still feel as if it's like if someone traded a potentially Bird like talent for a Mark Price and a Hot Rod Williams
I feel as if it's like if someone traded Manu for a potentially Curry like talent plus a wildcard lotto pick in a strong draft class.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1471 on: March 05, 2019, 07:19:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And yeah, Doncic is a stud, but maybe this trade ends up a big win for BOTH teams (not just Dallas).

It's great to see Trae picking it up, especially when I said that the Hawks made it out like robbers in the trade lol. I expect that Mavs lotto pick to be pretty good, if the Hawks draft well they could get a very nice prospect.
I still feel as if it's like if someone traded a potentially Bird like talent for a Mark Price and a Hot Rod Williams
I feel as if it's like if someone traded Manu for a potentially Curry like talent plus a wildcard lotto pick in a strong draft class.
Wuuuut. Doncic is already equal to if not better than Manu
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1472 on: March 05, 2019, 08:08:28 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Wuuuuuut. He's definitely not better than prime Manu lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1473 on: March 05, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If Doncic isn't as good as prime Manu now, and he isn't, he will be in a year or two from right now. But, come on....Trae Young a Steph Curry like player? This year's draft a strong draft? I don't know about those last two statements

« Reply #1474 on: March 05, 2019, 06:30:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If Doncic isn't as good as prime Manu now, and he isn't, he will be in a year or two from right now. But, come on....Trae Young a Steph Curry like player? This year's draft a strong draft? I don't know about those last two statements
Steph Curry the top 5 all-time PG.

Rofl
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1475 on: March 05, 2019, 09:17:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
So the Rockets are clobbering the Raps in Toronto.  Maybe our loss to the Rockets wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time?  Rockets playing really well.  CP3 literally making the right play every time.  G Green was playing well on both sides of the ball...

« Reply #1476 on: March 05, 2019, 09:25:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
So the Rockets are clobbering the Raps in Toronto.  Maybe our loss to the Rockets wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time?  Rockets playing really well.  CP3 literally making the right play every time.  G Green was playing well on both sides of the ball...

While I still hate the Rockets style, they are a talented team and a true threat to Golden State. People forget that if CP3 doesn't get hurt in last year's Game 5, Houston is probably in the Finals, not Golden State. Faried was a HUGE addition for them and if they can stay healthy, they'll be tough to beat. CP3 looks amazing, Capela, Faried and Nene in that front court is tough and of course you have Harden. Hell, while Eric Gordon may average 16 PPG, he can easily come in and drop 25-30 points in a game no problem (which he did against us unfortunately too). They are loaded.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1477 on: March 05, 2019, 09:43:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

While I still hate the Rockets style, they are a talented team and a true threat to Golden State. People forget that if CP3 doesn't get hurt in last year's Game 5, Houston is probably in the Finals, not Golden State. Faried was a HUGE addition for them and if they can stay healthy, they'll be tough to beat. CP3 looks amazing, Capela, Faried and Nene in that front court is tough and of course you have Harden. Hell, while Eric Gordon may average 16 PPG, he can easily come in and drop 25-30 points in a game no problem (which he did against us unfortunately too). They are loaded.

and just like that Toronto only down 1.  that 18 point lead didn't last long.

« Reply #1478 on: March 05, 2019, 09:59:53 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Houston thought they were playing Boston. Toronto don't roll over and die.

« Reply #1479 on: March 05, 2019, 10:10:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Paul is 1 for 9 and Harden is 6 of 23 and they are up 8 on the Raptors in Toronto in the 4th.  Their defense is spot on tonight. If they play defense like this they can threaten the Warriors 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1480 on: March 05, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Don't speak too soon. They just waited a little longer to do so. Looks like Toronto might actually lose by more than our Cs (not that it matters).

« Reply #1481 on: March 05, 2019, 10:17:59 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

The Trae Young one was in response to Gouki saying Doncic's a potentially Larry Bird type of talent while Trae Young's ceiling is Mark Price. As for this year's draft, is it not a strong one? I've been hearing very good things about its prospects, and there have been quite some prospects who're jumping up in draft boards.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1482 on: March 05, 2019, 10:23:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I wish we got faried. He would fit our team better than Morris

« Reply #1483 on: March 05, 2019, 10:29:41 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Don't speak too soon. They just waited a little longer to do so. Looks like Toronto might actually lose by more than our Cs (not that it matters).

yup, rockets beat the raptors by 12 one more than our loss to them

« Reply #1484 on: March 06, 2019, 11:18:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Sixers LOSE to the Bulls.

Pacers play the Bucks tomorrow.

A win tonight would be huge for both Kings Pick AND seeding purposes.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:31:50 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller