Author Topic: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers  (Read 8633 times)

Re: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
There's something about this Nuggets team. I wouldn't ever count them out, they shown amazing resiliency in these playoffs.

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 10:56:03 AM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
There's something about this Nuggets team. I wouldn't ever count them out, they shown amazing resiliency in these playoffs.

They are kind of reminding me of the early years of the Warriors emergence on the league

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2020, 10:58:57 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Lakers in 5..refs and James crying will make sure of it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2020, 11:02:34 AM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Lakers in 5..refs and James crying will make sure of it

TP - pretty much

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2020, 11:06:54 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Both their series they were on the verge of elimination. LeBron won't let that happen, unfortunately. You have to take LeBron in a Game 7 anyday as much as I despise that man.

Hope the Nuggets do show up in this series and put the Lakers in their place.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2020, 11:41:14 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I really think the fakers (no capitalization intended) are a good team, with Rondo playing well. He is not brilliant, but, the fakers don't need him to be brilliant, just play big in big games...and he does.

fakers in 7

I hope Nugs destroy'em.

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2020, 12:15:25 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Time for overrated Doc to retire

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2020, 12:29:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

yup

they play with sustained energy due to a deep bench. Especially on the defensive end

It is a long and athletic team for the most part

And the two brains in Jokic and Murray are playing chess on the court

i thought they were done vs the Clippers but they showed me.   They also don't really force too many bad shots and make the correct passes

Tatum, Kemba could learn from this efficient style.   

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2020, 04:28:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Personally, I want to see another Celtics vs. Lakers finals.  10 years is long enough without one. 

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2020, 06:09:20 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Personally, I want to see another Celtics vs. Lakers finals.  10 years is long enough without one.

Last thing on Earth I want is Lakers-Celtics.  Especially where Lakers  seem to have the advantage.  It will take a miracle, but Denver over LA feels like last ditch hope for LAL not to catch the C’s in overall championships.  I hate/resent the way LAL can always rebuild to championship level based on nothing other than being LAL.  Of all the teams who’ve tanked or perennially attempt to build a contender, the Lakers always get their quicker offer despite mediocre (or worse) management.  Had LBJ decided to join the Wizards and had Davis decided to manipulate his way to Washington, we’d be looking at a championship run for them.  Nothing to do with skill or management just having to do with being the Lakers.

FYI: I feel similarly with regard to Yankees and Red Sox who gets to buy their teams.  But even more so in the salary capped NBA where a couple of top 5 guys can win a championship surrounded by role contributors.  LAL gets a crazy advantage and kudos to them, and all they need to do is wait for it... everyone else has to work for it.

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Last thing on Earth I want is Lakers-Celtics.  Especially where Lakers  seem to have the advantage.  It will take a miracle, but Denver over LA feels like last ditch hope for LAL not to catch the C’s in overall championships.  I hate/resent the way LAL can always rebuild to championship level based on nothing other than being LAL.  Of all the teams who’ve tanked or perennially attempt to build a contender, the Lakers always get their quicker offer despite mediocre (or worse) management.  Had LBJ decided to join the Wizards and had Davis decided to manipulate his way to Washington, we’d be looking at a championship run for them.  Nothing to do with skill or management just having to do with being the Lakers.

FYI: I feel similarly with regard to Yankees and Red Sox who gets to buy their teams.  But even more so in the salary capped NBA where a couple of top 5 guys can win a championship surrounded by role contributors.  LAL gets a crazy advantage and kudos to them, and all they need to do is wait for it... everyone else has to work for it.

Yup, this is pretty much how I see it too. Look at how many high draft picks the Lakers got—and wasted—over the last several years: Ingram, Ball, Russell. But it doesn't matter how bad their management or scouting were, because all they had to do was wait until a big-time free agent became available, in this case LeBron, and bam, they're right back in it. His first season there was a wash because of his injuries, but him being healthy this season, plus getting AD, makes everything a-okay with them. Meanwhile, Danny's been plotting and scheming for years and Boston still doesn't have as good a chance at this year's title as the Lakers do.

I really feel like the Lakers are going to win the title this year, tying them for titles with Boston (technically, though in my book the 5 Minny titles don't count), and I don't think Boston will ever again have the lead in that race. We've been talking a lot recently about Boston blowing leads ... well, they used to have a big lead in the titles department too (16-9 after the '86 season, but it's been 7-1 Lakers since then).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2020, 07:07:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Lakers just had 6 straight losing seasons.  Besides Lebron and Shaq, what top free agents have they signed? 

Remember Kawhi was supposed to end up there with Lebron and AD and form a Big3.  Instead Kawhi forced his way to the Clips while forcing them to trade for PG13.  There was no great management or skill on the Clips' part to make that happen.  LBJ, Wade and Bosh formed their big 3.  There was no great skill or management on the Heat's part.  Even for our big 3, it was KG who turned down the initial trade and forced Danny to acquire another star first before accepting the trade.  Imagine if KG hadn't done that.  Of course, the Spurs tanked to get Duncan which gave them their great run.  No skill in that.

Edit:  I could add KD going to the Warriors and KD and Kyrie joining up to go to the Nets.  No great skill on the Warriors or Nets part.   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:16:25 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Yup, this is pretty much how I see it too. Look at how many high draft picks the Lakers got—and wasted—over the last several years: Ingram, Ball, Russell. But it doesn't matter how bad their management or scouting were, because all they had to do was wait until a big-time free agent became available, in this case LeBron, and bam, they're right back in it. His first season there was a wash because of his injuries, but him being healthy this season, plus getting AD, makes everything a-okay with them. Meanwhile, Danny's been plotting and scheming for years and Boston still doesn't have as good a chance at this year's title as the Lakers do.

I really feel like the Lakers are going to win the title this year, tying them for titles with Boston (technically, though in my book the 5 Minny titles don't count), and I don't think Boston will ever again have the lead in that race. We've been talking a lot recently about Boston blowing leads ... well, they used to have a big lead in the titles department too (16-9 after the '86 season, but it's been 7-1 Lakers since then).
How are those picks wasted?  None of those picks are busts.  Ingram was my favorite in that draft and he's turned into a good player even with having to deal with blood clots last season.  Russell is starting with two 20+ ppg seasons.  Ball hasn't progressed as much but he's still a starter.  Ingram and Ball were used in the AD trade so that was definitely not wasted.  They also drafted Kuzma at pick 27 and Josh Hart at pick 30.       

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2020, 08:02:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Nope disagree = Celtics have the advantage so long as Hayward can return and perform well. Simply put, Celtics have the better team. Lakers have bigger name stars but they do not have as good a team as Boston does.

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2020, 09:42:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Nope disagree = Celtics have the advantage so long as Hayward can return and perform well. Simply put, Celtics have the better team. Lakers have bigger name stars but they do not have as good a team as Boston does.

Celtics have the advantage if Kemba and Hayward along with our Jay's, Smart, and Theis all play well

The Celtics should be rolling the Raptors, and the Heat, with the talent the C's have on paper. But they aren't right now.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)