Author Topic: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers  (Read 8677 times)

Re: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 12:33:08 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lakers in 5. 

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 12:34:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nuggets might win this if they can magically conjure a LeBron defender. Millsap?

Jeremi Grant is not thick but he is long and athletic.  Porter Jr. is 6'10 and athletic

I don't think you necessarily need a Lebron defender, but make sure to close the paint if he tries to play bully ball

GSW did a good job doing that

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 06:03:00 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Nuggets might win this if they can magically conjure a LeBron defender. Millsap?

Jeremi Grant is not thick but he is long and athletic.  Porter Jr. is 6'10 and athletic

I don't think you necessarily need a Lebron defender, but make sure to close the paint if he tries to play bully ball

GSW did a good job doing that
Grant and Torrey Craig will likely get the most of LeBron. They played solid defence against the Clippers wings.

MPJ should never be left on Bron. He might be the worst wing defender in the entire league. MPJ vs Kuzma is the matchup
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 07:41:59 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lakers in 5.  Hope I’m way off.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 08:43:08 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
They absolutely earned that series against the Clips, but I'll flip my lid if the Nuggets come out and get blown away by the Lakers. At least with the Nuggets, you know they have a chance of coming back when down big. With the Clips, they are Charmin soft and could blow a big lead at any time. A MIA/DEN Finals might not be must-see-tv in the NBA's eyes, but both of these teams are tough as nails.

I'll go with DEN in 7 because predicting a LAL win is just wrong as a Cs fan.

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 09:13:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Nuggets have zero chance of winning this series. Lakers in 5. Super easy road to the Finals for them, and they probably tie the Cs for title wins.
sadly, this is where I'm at as well.  thought the Clips could have a decent chance winning against the Lakers but Denver will likely go down in 5.  Lebron and AD will feast on the star treatment they get while Denver doesn't have anyone who'll get those types of calls. 

in th finals, I don't think the Heat have the talent to beat the Lakers despite the effort and fire they have.  C's aren't going to win it unless Kemba finally shows up and Hayward is playing like he was at the time of the injury -- that's IF the C's can get by the Heat with the way each team is playing.

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Nuggets in 7 right? ;D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2020, 09:51:40 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
When I first saw this I thought it was a joke. Are you kidding me? What happened to the Clippers?

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2020, 09:53:18 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Is it really that lopsided?  Denver is the number three seed.  Not some lower seeded, feel good story that is just in over their head when they get this deep.  I'll admit I haven't watched a lot of them but what I've seen Jokic has been a monster.  He has to be respected from three points which should pull their bigs out of the paint.  Murray is a dynamic scorer.  Is their defense that bad?

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2020, 09:56:52 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is it really that lopsided?  Denver is the number three seed.  Not some lower seeded, feel good story that is just in over their head when they get this deep.  I'll admit I haven't watched a lot of them but what I've seen Jokic has been a monster.  He has to be respected from three points which should pull their bigs out of the paint.  Murray is a dynamic scorer.  Is their defense that bad?

How did they blow out the Clippers in game 7?

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2020, 09:58:19 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton

I don't know.  I was too worked up after the Celtics game and had to step away from basketball.

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2020, 09:59:17 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George combined for 0 points in the 4th quarter of a Game 7. Are these their leaders and max money players lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Lakers in 6.

I think Davis will have issues with Jokic but Denver does not have an answer for Lebron.

I also assume Denver are gassed by now.

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
Do the lakers have an answer for Murray?

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2020, 10:09:38 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Do the lakers have an answer for Murray?

I think Rondo is capable enough to contain him, that is if he tries defensively