Poll

Would you rather listen to Ordway talk sports for 20 minutes or read a Simmons article

Simmons article
30 (65.2%)
Ordway talking
3 (6.5%)
I love them both
0 (0%)
I hate them both
2 (4.3%)
I like them both but within limits
4 (8.7%)
I dislike Ordway, but strongly dislike Simmons
0 (0%)
I dislike Simmons, but strongly dislike Ordway
1 (2.2%)
I dislike them both, but admit Ordway has talent
2 (4.3%)
I dislike them both, but admit Simmons has talent
1 (2.2%)
I like them both, but think Simmons has more talent
3 (6.5%)
I like them both but think Ordway has more talent
0 (0%)
I like Simmons more than Ordway, but think Ordway has more integrity
0 (0%)
I like Ordway more,  but think Simmons has more integrity
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud (merged)  (Read 29945 times)

Re: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I hate Bill Simmons and honestly can't understand how anyone in this blogging community we have backs him.

The guy didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach. It's as simple as that. He's always been the pessimistic "debbie the downer" type re: Ainge and Doc (despite their amazing track records).

He's just such the typical idiodic fan, ****ting on the Celtics when they lose and never really praising them too much when they're gelling.

Pretty sure there were a lot, a lot of people that didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach, or Ainge as GM. He just happens to write for a major column and can be brutally honest sometimes when it comes to what he writes. He's actaully written some articles pretty recently praising Doc saying how wrong he was about him etc etc. It's not like he still claims that Doc is a bad coach. I don't love the guy but people seem to get so worked up over him when I see tons of Celtics fans saying the same things he is but just don't get it put in a column every day

And infact, Bill was a big supporter of having Danny coach the team if I recall.

You guys beat me to it.  I couldn't stand Doc back then and I agreed that Danny should have been the coach.  TP

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 07:11:54 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
why can't we all just get along??? No but seriously I like all of these guys. I read Simmons, listen to EEi, and i like Felger and Mazz. I might not agree with them at all a lot of the time but i think there stuff is entertaining at least. I used to not like the Big Show at all but it really grew on me.  If only these guys could just talk more celts. I love other NE sports but the celts just don't get enough love

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 07:25:12 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It sounds pretty unprofessional of Simmons, if there was an agreed to interview and he backed out.

It seems even more sketchy because of the partnership with WEEI and ESPN. 

Either way, Simmons can be a bit of a petty brat at times, so I am not surprised.

The funny thing is, these are like two of the most hated media people on this site.  WEEI (and specifically Big O), versus Simmons.  Can they both lose?

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Either way, Simmons can be a bit of a petty brat at times, so I am not surprised.

... and that's one of the primary reasons I don't like Simmons much anymore.  That, and the fact that he bills himself as Superfan #1, despite ripping the team and team management (usually unfairly) every chance he gets.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I don't think it's a WEEI feud as much as just him and Ordway.

He was on WEEI like a week ago and didn't have a problem when he was on in the morning.  He did mention he didn't care for Ordway then too.  Whatever, it's pretty entertaining.

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
You guys seen this? Its funny.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4602862

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
I hate Bill Simmons and honestly can't understand how anyone in this blogging community we have backs him.

The guy didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach. It's as simple as that. He's always been the pessimistic "debbie the downer" type re: Ainge and Doc (despite their amazing track records).

He's just such the typical idiodic fan, ****ting on the Celtics when they lose and never really praising them too much when they're gelling.

Amazing track records? I'm pretty sure before 07 those don't exist. I don't see the problem with being a pessamistic fan, thats how I am (maybe thats why I don't see a problem with it)

Anyway I love Simmons but I think its pretty obvious he avoids confrontation and can be a bit of a baby.

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 07:55:59 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Amazing track records? I'm pretty sure before 07 those don't exist. I don't see the problem with being a pessamistic fan, thats how I am (maybe thats why I don't see a problem with it)

Anyway I love Simmons but I think its pretty obvious he avoids confrontation and can be a bit of a baby.

Well, I believe Doc did win coach of the year in Orlando.

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31

well if your going to try and bring "facts" into the discussion Then your going to ruin my whole argument.

Regardless as others have said there was a lot of people who weren't sure about Doc's coaching ability until the 07 Finals but he proved us wrong

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

well if your going to try and bring "facts" into the discussion Then your going to ruin my whole argument.

Regardless as others have said there was a lot of people who weren't sure about Doc's coaching ability until the 07 Finals but he proved us wrong

Oh, absolutely.  On this site alone, I would say close to 80-90% of the posters wanted Doc long gone before '07.

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 08:03:11 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Good point, and DA coached some pretty decent teams in PHO.

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Doc may have had a decent track record but getting coach of the year is such a joke. Didn't he get fired the next season after like 10 games? How can you be coach of the year one year and the very next not be able to cut it for more than 10 games. It's a stupid award IMO. Or at least it's not a very impressive award

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Pretty sure there were a lot, a lot of people that didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach, or Ainge as GM. He just happens to write for a major column and can be brutally honest sometimes when it comes to what he writes. He's actaully written some articles pretty recently praising Doc saying how wrong he was about him etc etc. It's not like he still claims that Doc is a bad coach. I don't love the guy but people seem to get so worked up over him when I see tons of Celtics fans saying the same things he is but just don't get it put in a column every day

And infact, Bill was a big supporter of having Danny coach the team if I recall.

You guys beat me to it.  I couldn't stand Doc back then and I agreed that Danny should have been the coach.  TP
I agree. I don't remember Doc being much of a coach until KG, Posey, and Ray showed up

The difference between Simmons and Ordway is that Simmons has talent. I actually want to read what he has to say, and when not so Big O gets on I change the station. I don't need him yelling at me

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
The Big show is Obnoxious. I love Bill Simmons but he sounds like he is being too image conscious. I agreed when he talks about EEI turning on people. Pedro and Manny are the best examples.

I like Felger's point where he basically said grow a pair and call these guys out on their own show. I think LA softens you it really does. I have lived out here for about a year and people are so freaking sensitive. Maybe it's just because I think this place sucks and it's hard to find a decent sandwich or slice of pizza without paying $10.