Poll

Would you rather listen to Ordway talk sports for 20 minutes or read a Simmons article

Simmons article
30 (65.2%)
Ordway talking
3 (6.5%)
I love them both
0 (0%)
I hate them both
2 (4.3%)
I like them both but within limits
4 (8.7%)
I dislike Ordway, but strongly dislike Simmons
0 (0%)
I dislike Simmons, but strongly dislike Ordway
1 (2.2%)
I dislike them both, but admit Ordway has talent
2 (4.3%)
I dislike them both, but admit Simmons has talent
1 (2.2%)
I like them both, but think Simmons has more talent
3 (6.5%)
I like them both but think Ordway has more talent
0 (0%)
I like Simmons more than Ordway, but think Ordway has more integrity
0 (0%)
I like Ordway more,  but think Simmons has more integrity
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud (merged)  (Read 30066 times)

Re: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 12:48:26 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Speaking of Bill Simmons... he's going to be on Jimmy Kimmel as soon as this current commercial is over... tune in!

What a classy guy (gag). Hope he stays in LA.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 12:52:32 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Speaking of Bill Simmons... he's going to be on Jimmy Kimmel as soon as this current commercial is over... tune in!

What a classy guy (gag). Hope he stays in LA.

Yeah... I'm 50/50 on Bill Simmons.
As a person I don't like him very much. As a writer I think he's great. I love how unstructured his works are. It's very engaging to read what he writes, in that it feels like you are interacting with him.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:59:30 AM by MattG12 »

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
So im late to this story, but I heard a little bit about this on my way home from work. 

Apparently Ordway wrote on his facebook page that he was, " The Big O is calling out Bill Simmons for backing out of an interview today."

Simmons replied back via twitter, "Hey WEEI: You were wrong, I did a Boston interview today. With your competition. Rather give them ratings over deceitful scumbags like you."

Now The big Show Facebook says, "The Big O... is still trying to find out which "bosses" at ESPN put the kibosh on our Bill Simmons interview."

Definitely a funny development.  I have always said I like WEEI better cause they get the better interviews, but now I dont know this could start a momentum shift.

Bill Simmons calling someone a deceitful scumbag.. interesting.

Pot meet kettle.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
We should make a poll of Glen Ordway vs Bill Simmons, cause I bet the Sports Guy has way more fans and for a reason.

Simmons vs Ordway
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Which one hits closest to the mark?

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
whats the reason I'm not familiar with this other guy since I'm not from the area?

Also would this include the fact that most boston fans are biased when it comes to billy?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

Re: Simmons vs Ordway
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Where is the "I couldn't possibly care less" option?

Re: Simmons vs Ordway
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
I voted for

I dislike them both, but admit Ordway has talent

I'm not familiar with this ordway guy but, he has to have more talent than Billy.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2009, 03:02:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
whats the reason I'm not familiar with this other guy since I'm not from the area?

Also would this include the fact that most boston fans are biased when it comes to billy?
I'm not sure if Boston fans are biased towards him or not. There's been a lot of negativity towards him here that I didn't anticipate.

Ordway (the Big O) is a big dude who is on WEEIs major radio show in the afternoon (The Big Show) who is I guess the major talent/star of that show. He basically yells and is obnoxious. I see him as the Bill O'Reilly of sports shows and never really liked him, but his show is the prime show in the Boston area so obviously someone likes him

Re: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud (merged)
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 03:21:34 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 03:37:37 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I enjoy both to a certain extent, but couldn't care less as to why they're feuding, or who's telling the truth.

I enjoy the Big Show when they're discussing sports, but most of the time they're either yelling over one another, or they're interrupting callers because they don't like what they have to say. Is it so hard to let somebody finish their statement or question, no matter how absurd it may be? It becomes a contest of who can be the loudest, and Ordway usually wins. Thank goodness for the arrival of 98.5

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-05qaVRd6k&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZJtBQo5DU&feature=player_embedded

Ordway bashing the over sensitive Simmons on air.

Ordway > Simmons

Thanks they sort of encapsulate my opinion on billy. They also mentioned the Doc article which is #1 on my list of reasons I despise this fraud.  Also his views on the NBA and the game of basketball in general are the equivalent of 13 year old Kobe kid.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Thanks they sort of encapsulate my opinion on billy. They also mentioned the Doc article which is #1 on my list of reasons I despise this fraud.  Also his views on the NBA and the game of basketball in general are the equivalent of 13 year old Kobe kid.

It's consistent with what I know of him, too.  He's entitled to his opinions, but I just don't like the guy's personality.  He's fake, and ridiculously thin-skinned.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
They're both phonies.  Ordway thinks he knows something about basketball because he used to carry Johnny Most's ashtray.  Simmons also thinks he knows something about basketball, but I'm not sure why. (The only talking heads on the Boston sports scene who actually know something about basketball are the ex-players like Cedric Maxwell and Ryen Rusillo. who, unlike Ordway, has actually taken the time to learn what the collective bargaining agreement says.)

I guess if forced to listen, I'll take Simmons, who is intentionally funny more often than Ordway.  But I'm not forced to listen.  My radios all have dials.

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

It's consistent with what I know of him, too.  He's entitled to his opinions, but I just don't like the guy's personality.  He's fake, and ridiculously thin-skinned.
What are some examples of Simmons (or Ordway for that matter) being fake and thin skinned?  I suppose you could say he doesn't really take what he dishes out (for example he tortured Isiah Thomas, and perhaps Doc, but doesn't want to go on the Big Show, because it won't help his career) but I don't think that's the same as being thin skinned. Also I could definitely understand some resentment of him trying to put himself out there as the ultimate fan, but I'm not sure that's fake or thin skinned either. Maybe hypocritical if he's also trying to be a legit writer.