Author Topic: Report: Perk to join Cleveland  (Read 4026 times)

Re: Report: Perk to join Cleveland
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Has anyone seen Perkins play on the Thunder? He won't have much of an impact at all on the Cavs except being another big body.

Another strong voice in the locker room and some added toughness helps.

Yes that's where he'll really help the Cavs. I bet he stays there for a few years now.

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
LeBron, now Perk.

Next Ray?

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
LeBron, now Perk.

Next Ray?

I'm not sure that they have roster space for him currently.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 07:56:57 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Center Kendrick Perkins has committed to signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers once he finalizes a buyout with the Utah Jazz, a source told ESPN.com on Saturday.

Perkins was traded to the Jazz on Thursday in a three-team deal that sent guard Reggie Jackson to the Detroit Pistons and Enes Kanter, Steve Novak, Kyle Singler and D.J. Augustin to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Perkins was recruited directly by LeBron James to pick the Cavs, according to a source. He also drew heavy interest from the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, New Orleans Pelicans and San Antonio Spurs. The combination of a chance to win a championship along with an opportunity for playing time pushed Perkins to choose Cleveland.

After making up his mind, Perkins called Clippers coach Doc Rivers, whom Perkins played for in Boston, to inform his old coach of the decision.

I still don't see how this stuff isn't tampering, but I think it's a good fit for both sides.

Solid pickup for Cleveland depending on his price tag
If he signs to a guaranteed 2-3 yr deal does that make varejao or Thompson expendable
Varejao is making a lot and with  mozgov going  to command another large contract and Thompson going to command a big contract 

Maybe they let Thompson go if he signs with another team

Do u think we can get one of these guys and a draft pick from Cleveland for a salary dump of one of their contracts?

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
nnnnNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOooooo
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 08:05:59 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Screw the Cavs and LeBron.
Agreed!

It seems like Lebrons whole career is based on tampering and recruiting
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Center Kendrick Perkins has committed to signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers once he finalizes a buyout with the Utah Jazz, a source told ESPN.com on Saturday.

Perkins was traded to the Jazz on Thursday in a three-team deal that sent guard Reggie Jackson to the Detroit Pistons and Enes Kanter, Steve Novak, Kyle Singler and D.J. Augustin to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Perkins was recruited directly by LeBron James to pick the Cavs, according to a source. He also drew heavy interest from the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, New Orleans Pelicans and San Antonio Spurs. The combination of a chance to win a championship along with an opportunity for playing time pushed Perkins to choose Cleveland.

After making up his mind, Perkins called Clippers coach Doc Rivers, whom Perkins played for in Boston, to inform his old coach of the decision.

I still don't see how this stuff isn't tampering, but I think it's a good fit for both sides.
It's only according to a source.