Author Topic: Hayward has definitively outplayed Morris in February - Implications?  (Read 5784 times)

Re: Hayward has definitively outplayed Morris in February - Implications?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2019, 05:56:54 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
is it really a surprise though that Morris is coming back to earth and Hayward is starting to play better than him?

Morris was playing out of his mind the first half of the year, and well above his normal ceiling. Gordon hayward was an all-star two years ago who was playing well below his ceiling.

So, the law of averages would say as hayward gets healthier he will be closer to that all-star calibar player. and Morris wont be able to keep up his ridiculously hot shooting.

But I thought based on this board and half of the Hayward-self hatred views, that we should've given up Hayward for a bag of chips and Fultz's unused jockstrap millennia ago?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
is it really a surprise though that Morris is coming back to earth and Hayward is starting to play better than him?

Morris was playing out of his mind the first half of the year, and well above his normal ceiling. Gordon hayward was an all-star two years ago who was playing well below his ceiling.

So, the law of averages would say as hayward gets healthier he will be closer to that all-star calibar player. and Morris wont be able to keep up his ridiculously hot shooting.

But I thought based on this board and half of the Hayward-self hatred views, that we should've given up Hayward for a bag of chips and Fultz's unused jockstrap millennia ago?

The Hayward Haters seem to have disappeared for some reason  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2019, 06:42:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Where are the people calling him Evan Turner / Nic Batum?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 07:36:52 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I am still here.

But I dump on anyone not performing.

At least he is no longer looking like an inept child afraid of everything basketball related on the court.

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 09:22:07 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Hopefully he’s having a mental breakthrough. Admittedly, he’s looked a lot more aggressive the past 2 games, esp in Philly. The minutes and guys being out probably helped
- LilRip

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2019, 07:17:21 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I am still here.

At least he is no longer looking like an inept child afraid of everything basketball related on the court.

I don't think you seen your leg bend in half.

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2019, 07:43:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I am still here.

Lol, right. Ridiculous lack of sympathy for the guy that endured one of the most gruesome injuries in NBA history. Up there with Shaun Livingston's

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 08:51:25 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I am still here.

1st. Who says I havent
2nd. Who says I havent endured worse?

There are people who get shot fighting someone elses war and go back for more.

There are drivers who crash their cars and almost die and keep on driving

There are millions of people who wreck themselves in extreme sports only to keep going.

There are those that get chewed on by sharks that keep surfing.

But yeah a broken leg is way worse

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2019, 09:47:08 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I am still here.

1st. Who says I havent

There are millions of people who wreck themselves in extreme sports only to keep going.

GH has kept going on !!!! Are you blind ?

But in your own weird world he should be back at 100% like nothing happened the moment he was cleared by the doctors.

What about the NBAers who went through similar injuries ... .When did they fuly recovered ??? IF they did.......

Obviously GH is much luckier than 99.9999% of the earth's population. He has got his future secured. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT HE RECOVERS FASTER !

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I am still here.

1st. Who says I havent

There are those that have their leg destroyed and struggle to recover from trauma.

But yeah having bad opinions and complaining on a message board is way worse
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 06:59:35 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
It doesn't have to be complicated.  Maybe Morris is worn down after playing big minutes against top competition for half a season and Hayward is fresh from having his minutes restricted and generally not playing too hard.

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2019, 07:34:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I am still here.

1st. Who says I havent

What on earth are you even talking about? You're acting as if GH retired, rather than rehabilitated and returned to the court.

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2019, 08:06:11 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I will respond in a single post as opposed to 3.

GH was playing mentally broken 16 months after original injury.

Yup there are people that cannot recover from a broken leg, mentally weak people.

I was talking in direct response to about how devasting a broken leg is mentally to a person, and how it is understandable that a person becomes afraid after that.