Author Topic: Pistons (8-21) at Celtics (15-12) 2/15  (Read 72685 times)

Re: Pistons (8-21) at Celtics (15-12) 2/15
« Reply #330 on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Ben Gordon underachieves all year but then goes ham tonight smh unbelievable and we're not a better team when Rondo takes nearly 30 shots Pierce nd Ray were in a horrible rhythm cuz Rondo was overly aggressive
agree, Rondo needs to be aggressive but make sure ray and pierce get in the game

« Reply #331 on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I look foward to this loss being somehow blamed on Rondo...

Allow me.

In short, I believe his offense has ran the team right out of rythm tonight.

All Rondo did tonight was make shots that he normally doesn't make. If he was taking those jump shots and they weren't falling we'd be having the same discussion as we normally are. He dribbled the ball on the shot clock down to 5/6 seconds every trip and didn't get Ray and Pierce in rythm.

Defensive end. Hasn't denied Stuckey the ball all night.

People complain he doesn't take wide open jumpshots he's allowed all game...he takes them (and makes them), and it's his fault the team is out of rhythm.

People complain he doesn't attack the basket enough, he is aggressive all night and now that's taking away shots from Pierce and Ray.

Whatever man, I'm resigned to the fact that people will blame all of the teams problems on Rondo no matter how he plays.

Yeah, he's making them tonight. He's also 0/3 on his jumpers in the 4th quarter now.

Where was he in the Lakers game down the stretch? Running the ball on offense down to 8 seconds on the shot clock with Kobe playing 10 ft off him clanking jumpers.

Show me you are consistent, and I'll back off.

And you have nothing to say about the efforts of Paul and Ray tonight? Rondo is the reason we lost? Really?

Give me a break.

What was EVERYONE's complaint after the Lakers game? Rondo's man plays 10ft off him, playing centerfield and denying Pierce getting to the hoop and Ray coming clean off of picks.

How is that ANY different tonight besides the fact that he was hitting his jumpshot which he consistently has never done.

Who is everyone? It wasn't my complaint. My complaint was the lack of rebounding and the amount of second chance buckets the Lakers got.

Rondo's man plays 10 ft off him denying Pierce and Ray their shots. Cool. I get it. What else is he supposed to do other than make the shots they're leaving him open for???

« Reply #332 on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:38 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32

Allow me.

All Rondo did tonight was make shots that he normally doesn't make. If he was taking those jump shots and they weren't falling we'd be having the same discussion as we normally are. He dribbled the ball on the shot clock down to 5/6 seconds every trip and didn't get Ray and Pierce in rythm.

People complain he doesn't take wide open jumpshots he's allowed all game...he takes them (and makes them), and it's his fault the team is out of rhythm.

People complain he doesn't attack the basket enough, he is aggressive all night and now that's taking away shots from Pierce and Ray.

Whatever man, I'm resigned to the fact that people will blame all of the teams problems on Rondo no matter how he plays.

Yeah, he's making them tonight. He's also 0/3 on his jumpers in the 4th quarter now.

Where was he in the Lakers game down the stretch? Running the ball on offense down to 8 seconds on the shot clock with Kobe playing 10 ft off him clanking jumpers.

And you have nothing to say about the efforts of Paul and Ray tonight? Rondo is the reason we lost? Really?

Give me a break.

What was EVERYONE's complaint after the Lakers game? Rondo's man plays 10ft off him, playing centerfield and denying Pierce getting to the hoop and Ray coming clean off of picks.

How is that ANY different tonight besides the fact that he was hitting his jumpshot which he consistently has never done.

Wait, so what are you arguing about again? Rondo didn't play well in the 4th quarter, but I find it hilarious that people still point to him as the reason we lost. Doesn't have anything to do with our 2 main scorers being absolutely nonexistent, or us missing our best defensive player.

« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
I thought we was turning the corner during that winning streak we had but iont like how we've regressed lately

« Reply #334 on: February 15, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I disagree, a lot.  We WANT Rondo to be aggressive.  RA / PP need to make an impact to the game in another way when someone is on fire offensively.  To much standing around by PP / RA in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  Find a way to make an impact and make a play.  Rondo playing well doesn't stop them from playing well.  No way.

Ben Gordon underachieves all year but then goes ham tonight smh unbelievable and we're not a better team when Rondo takes nearly 30 shots Pierce nd Ray were in a horrible rhythm cuz Rondo was overly aggressive

« Reply #335 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Losing to the Raptors and Pistons in one week.

Blow this up. It isn't worth making the playoffs and losing in the first round. Get us a lotto pick. This is embarrassing.

It's not like we're missing our top 2 PFs or anything.

Please. Detroit is horrendous

A 2-12 road record by Detroit wasn't exactly intimidating, or shouldn't have been. Now, we get to face the best pg in the league tomorrow, and a matchup with the Thunder soon to follow.

When we fall to a .500 team, or below, Ainge will be forced to make a crucial decision; to either go with the bunch we have, maybe make it in as an 8 seed, and get annihilated by Miami/Chicago in the first round, or make a trade to make this team better for the future.

« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
Rondo can never do anything right.

Its a matter of balance. He needs to take whats given without going outside the offense.  Paul and Ray have to stay active if they are not getting touches. Right now,  it appears to be off kilter. 

« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I disagree, a lot.  We WANT Rondo to be aggressive.  RA / PP need to make an impact to the game in another way when someone is on fire offensively.  To much standing around by PP / RA in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  Find a way to make an impact and make a play.  Rondo playing well doesn't stop them from playing well.  No way.

agreed rondo is not the blame pierce ray and doc are the blame (for not having rondo and wilcox out their earlier in the forth)and pierce and ray was horrible

« Reply #338 on: February 15, 2012, 10:10:59 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
[dang] pierce offensive anytime he plays a SF that plays good defense is awful recently ..froze up against prince froze up against artest froze up against deng played bad till the forth Q get it together

« Reply #339 on: February 15, 2012, 10:11:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Rondo can never do anything right. Which is why the Lakers amongst many other teams are currently foaming at the mouth for him  ::)

Trade him. Go ahead. I would love to see what this team looks like when he's gone.
Well he can't lead us to wins against the worst teams in the league at home when KG is out and Ray and PP have bad games. We know that anyway.

« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I disagree with this.  Doc was calling post up plays and other plays for Rondo because he was hot.  It is no different if Ray is going off.  Do you not give Ray the ball when he is super hot from behind the arch?  No way.  I think Rondo played well.  The better scorer he becomes the more it helps our offense.  Once other teams stop sagging off Rondo it will open up passing lanes and better shots for the rest of the team.  It will IMPROVE the team game.

Rondo can never do anything right.

Its a matter of balance. He needs to take whats given without going outside the offense.  Paul and Ray have to stay active if they are not getting touches. Right now,  it appears to be off kilter. 

« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Losing to the Raptors and Pistons in one week.

Blow this up. It isn't worth making the playoffs and losing in the first round. Get us a lotto pick. This is embarrassing.

It's not like we're missing our top 2 PFs or anything.

Lol...I don't care who we are missing. This team should never lose to the Pistons. Period.
get use to it, we are a 500 team, that means sometime we beat really good teams, and sometime we lose to terrible teams!

No. I'm not going to get used to it. If we are a .500 team then it is time to trade everything. Period.
And that's why you aren't a GM
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I can't believe anyone want to blame Rondo tonight. It was our team defense that was putrid. Monroe hits 11 of 14, Gordon hits 8 of 15 (including 4 of 6 3 pts).  

We can give the team to Pierce, Rondo or Bradley, but KG is the backbone, no matter what.

« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100

Allow me.

Give me a break.

Who is everyone? It wasn't my complaint. My complaint was the lack of rebounding and the amount of second chance buckets the Lakers got.

Rondo's man plays 10 ft off him denying Pierce and Ray their shots. Cool. I get it. What else is he supposed to do other than make the shots they're leaving him open for???

Thats great. The sentence "Rondo making open jumpers" is not something you hear ever. If he can be consistent with it, fine, but history says he can't.

This team plays better on offense when the ball runs through Paul Pierce's hands which they didn't start trying to do untill 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. How does Pierce get his offense going that way?

Rondo was making his shots for the first 3 quarters and then its not there in the 4th and they collapse on offense because there was no ryhtym.

And I know you aren't everyone, but you just happened to jump in on the discussion, but more or less its what I read here post Lakers game.

« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2012, 10:17:02 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Rondo is not to blame tonight for the loss, he had a good game overall. But Rondo is not free from blame either.

It's great seeing him score points but it's like watching his free throw efforts going up and down. 

He's not going to score like this but so often.
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer