Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Brad is having enough

(1/8) > >>

playdream:
Brad Stevens: "When we’re desperate and urgent, we’re pretty good. We’ve got to do a better job -- and I’ve got to do a better job — of making sure that we start games that way.”

Brad: "When you’re in the game, you have a job to do on that possession, you do it. Then if you do it really well over and over again, you have a good team. We’re not there yet. … Well-coached teams get there; we’re not a well-coached team right now, that’s pretty obvious."

So the "We lost but i see some progress" step is over
With his tune i expect some change coming

My guess is he no longer give a pass to "getting used to new teammates/new plays"
and begin to demand strick execution, which of course should be followed by "if you don't execute you sit"

As above, obviously he think shooting poorly isn't THE problem , the real problem is they didn't play with urgency

So as a result we may finally see them play like last years team. or otherwise it will be lineup change, maybe Brown or AL

CelticsElite:
Kyrie: “We’re not as good as we think we are. That’s what it comes down to.”

Kyrie: "Right now I think it would be nice if we had someone that was a 15-year vet, a 14-year vet that could kind of help us race along the regular season and understand it’s a long marathon rather than just a full-on sprint."

Tatum: "It’s just a matter of stopping guys. That’s what we’re known for, so we have to get back to that."

gouki88:

--- Quote from: playdream on November 12, 2018, 02:16:44 AM ---

--- End quote ---
I'm so glad that step is over. We're too talented for that kind of mentality now. Hopefully we start playing some consistently good basketball on both ends

playdream:

--- Quote from: gouki88 on November 12, 2018, 02:48:19 AM ---

--- End quote ---
I'm so glad that step is over. We're too talented for that kind of mentality now. Hopefully we start playing some consistently good basketball on both ends

--- End quote ---
To be clear i'm fine with that step, if Brad think it's needed, like he said we can't skip steps

gouki88:

--- Quote from: playdream on November 12, 2018, 02:53:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: gouki88 on November 12, 2018, 02:48:19 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
To be clear i'm fine with that step, if Brad think it's needed, like he said we can't skip steps

--- End quote ---
I just think it was the wrong thing to focus on. We are way too inconsistent to even look at progress

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version