Author Topic: Nets Celtics trade idea  (Read 2462 times)

Nets Celtics trade idea
« on: October 23, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Let me first stay that I expect Hayward back on the Celtics next season and am happy with that. This idea came into my head and really had me thinking “Who says NO?”

Nets get

Hayward
R Williams
Semi

Celtics get

Joe Harris (signed to 3 year 15 to 16 mill per) 
Jarrett Allen
Taurean Prince

For Celtics the loss of Hayward’s on ball creation hurts but adding an  elite shooter and a productive young center to pair with Theis makes some sense. Prince could either be retained for depth or moved to a third team.

For Nets a healthy Hayward is the perfect glue piece for Irving and Durant. He also would be their best wing defender.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Nets Celtics trade idea
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Let me first stay that I expect Hayward back on the Celtics next season and am happy with that. This idea came into my head and really had me thinking “Who says NO?”

Nets get

Hayward
R Williams
Semi

Celtics get

Jarrett Allen
Taurean Prince

For Celtics the loss of Hayward’s on ball creation hurts but adding an  elite shooter and a productive young center to pair with Theis makes some sense. Prince could either be retained for depth or moved to a third team.

For Nets a healthy Hayward is the perfect glue piece for Irving and Durant. He also would be their best wing defender.

I think I suggested this basic trade on the trade ideas thread. I don't think exchanging Allen for Williams really makes sense for the Cs, but I like the trade if Williams isn't part of the deal.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 10:12:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Nets get

Hayward
R Williams
Semi

Celtics get

Jarrett Allen
Taurean Prince

I think I suggested this basic trade on the trade ideas thread. I don't think exchanging Allen for Williams really makes sense for the Cs, but I like the trade if Williams isn't part of the deal.
I like Allen as a prospect better than Timelord.  My hesitancy with pulling the trigger is adding a healthy Hayward to Kyrie and Durant in our own division

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 10:13:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I don't think Brooklyn wants to deal with the Celtics again after that trade several years ago

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 12:57:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would really hate to see Hayward alongside KD and Kyrie because I think that team would beat us if KD can come back at 90% or above
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 04:25:23 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15

Nets get

Hayward
R Williams
Semi

Celtics get

Jarrett Allen
Taurean Prince

I think the only issue I have is you aren’t replacing the importance of Hayward. Hayward brings style of playmaking that is absolutely necessary. In the trade with the Nets you would NEED to get a playmaker some kind of way, but I also don’t believe Kyrie believes in Hayward or that Hayward wants to play with Kyrie again.

I could be completely wrong about that, but my only vivid memory of them was Kyrie arguing with Hayward over not giving him the ball but instead giving it to Tatum for the game winner. Then I remember Kyrie saying that Hayward was too passive and he wished he was more aggressive.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 07:41:16 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford

Nets get

Hayward
R Williams
Semi

Celtics get

Jarrett Allen
Taurean Prince

I think the only issue I have is you aren’t replacing the importance of Hayward. Hayward brings style of playmaking that is absolutely necessary. In the trade with the Nets you would NEED to get a playmaker some kind of way, but I also don’t believe Kyrie believes in Hayward or that Hayward wants to play with Kyrie again.

I could be completely wrong about that, but my only vivid memory of them was Kyrie arguing with Hayward over not giving him the ball but instead giving it to Tatum for the game winner. Then I remember Kyrie saying that Hayward was too passive and he wished he was more aggressive.

Nets - Celtics - Clippers - Philly *Blockbuster*

https://tradenba.com/trades/mq8BAPlEN

This trade even keeps the door open for Hayward staying although with this trade, he’s far less important. Now if we get into a trade later on with Indiana it brings whole other dynamic in strengthening this team if you don’t feel like this team is good enough.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:21:26 AM by mrceltics2013 »

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Nets get

Hayward
R Williams
Semi

Celtics get

Jarrett Allen
Taurean Prince

Props for creativity, if not realism. I think that's a bad trade for LAC and Toronto, and an awesome trade for Philly. Shed so much long-term salary for them and they get the best player in the deal.

If we're heading into the land of crazy talk, what about an idea like this: https://tradenba.com/trades/YWQ4-iYxx

Boston trades: Kemba Walker, Romeo Langford, #14, #26, #30
Boston receives: James Harden

Houston trades: James Harden, Russell Westbrook
Houston receives: Ben Simmons, Julius Randle, Romeo Langford, #8, #14, #26, 2021 Philly 1st

New York trades: Julius Randle, #8
New York receives: Russell Westbrook

Philadelphia trade: Ben Simmons, 2021 1st
Philadelphia receive: Kemba Walker, #30

Not remotely realistic or even fair, but the wild trades are fun

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 09:02:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Hell no! I am not giving up Hayward to the Nets. He would be an awesome fit next to Kyrie and Durant. Hayward would transform the Nets from a 2nd round and out type team to a legitimate title contender. One of the finest teams in all the lands.

We would be hugely strengthening a rival team that we will have to face in the playoffs.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 09:03:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Hell no! I am not giving up Hayward to the Nets. He would be an awesome fit next to Kyrie and Durant. Hayward would transform the Nets from a 2nd round and out type team to a legitimate title contender. One of the finest teams in all the lands.

We would be hugely strengthening a rival team that we will have to face in the playoffs.
The idea of losing to Kyrie makes me sick

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2020, 09:09:40 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford

Nets get

Hayward
R Williams
Semi

Celtics get

Jarrett Allen
Taurean Prince

Props for creativity, if not realism. I think that's a bad trade for LAC and Toronto, and an awesome trade for Philly. Shed so much long-term salary for them and they get the best player in the deal.

If we're heading into the land of crazy talk, what about an idea like this: https://tradenba.com/trades/YWQ4-iYxx

Boston trades: Kemba Walker, Romeo Langford, #14, #26, #30
Boston receives: James Harden

Houston trades: James Harden, Russell Westbrook
Houston receives: Ben Simmons, Julius Randle, Romeo Langford, #8, #14, #26, 2021 Philly 1st

New York trades: Julius Randle, #8
New York receives: Russell Westbrook

Philadelphia trade: Ben Simmons, 2021 1st
Philadelphia receive: Kemba Walker, #30

Not remotely realistic or even fair, but the wild trades are fun

So why do you view it as a “bad” trade for Lac and Toronto? Clippers get an All-Star PG, A solid back up PG, and a well rounded Center. What more do they need with only getting rid of PG? I can even provide them a few 2nd rounders and a late 1st to entice them as they don’t have any draft picks.

Toronto if you look at their roster they don’t have any one under contract and ibaka/Gasol have to be replaced. I’m trading Lowry with 1 year left on his contract for good young pieces.

Lastly I still have Hayward on this roster lol. He could be traded to the clippers instead of Horford and Horford comes back to Boston.

Or

Hayward can go to Indiana And Warren could go to Clippers and Turner goes to Toronto.

I think I can make these trades very “plausible” without damaging a team.

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Good trade and it makes both teams better. We lose playmaking and shot creation for off-ball movement and shooting. Plus, we get a starting caliber center (right? I haven’t watched Nets much but on paper, Jarret Allen is a legit lob option with solid rim protection).

I think our team is ready to contend now on the backs of Kemba-JT-JB and the trade fills some gaps for us. Plus, gives us a more playable bench wing than Semi!

Do the salaries work?
- LilRip

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 07:38:26 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Good trade and it makes both teams better. We lose playmaking and shot creation for off-ball movement and shooting. Plus, we get a starting caliber center (right? I haven’t watched Nets much but on paper, Jarret Allen is a legit lob option with solid rim protection).

I think our team is ready to contend now on the backs of Kemba-JT-JB and the trade fills some gaps for us. Plus, gives us a more playable bench wing than Semi!

Do the salaries work?

I’m not 100% sure how the CBA works will multiple player trades and a S&T but using Laverts salary as a space holder for Harris it worked.

Another wrinkle to this is the possibility that moving Prince to a 3rd team could open up the full MLE for the Cs. This (is possible I have to check it) opens up the possibility of bidding kn Gallinari.

Adding Gallinari would really change this roster into what I see as a true contender. Starting Kemba and Gallinari but giving them a load Managment type season. Smart, Harris and either Allen or Theis off the bench would make the bench a strength rather then the weakness it was last season.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet