Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Raptors (1-0) Game #2 10/19/18  (Read 33520 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Raptors (1-0) Game #2 10/19/18
« Reply #570 on: October 19, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
that 10-0 run killed us at the end. oh well, positives....Gordon looks faster, Uncle drew rounding into forum.
Not really. Kyrie looks bad missed tons of easy looks he always makes. Hopefully he gets it together soon
He still dropped 21/6/4 on 50/33 shooting splits (no FT's, which is ridiculous). He's not fully back, but this game was definitely a step in the right direction
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #571 on: October 19, 2018, 10:38:40 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Too many guys that should be secondary options taking primary shots. A lot of wild threes that were settled on. Led to long rebounds and easy breaks.

Boston's defense is not where it has to be.

« Reply #572 on: October 19, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Kyrie needs to be more selfish. Period. And again, some of the line ups Brad put out there tonight were head scratching.

Brad always experiments with lineups early in the season. I'm sure that by Thanksgiving or so he will settle on the perfect lineup going forward. He runs many different lineups out there against different types of opponents, gathers stats on those lineups after he uses them enough to get enough statistical meaning, then picks his lineup.

« Reply #573 on: October 19, 2018, 10:39:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Too many guys that should be secondary options taking primary shots. A lot of wild threes that were settled on. Led to long rebounds and easy breaks.

Boston's defense is not where it has to be.

Kawhi got too many easy looks, and Vanvleet killed us.

« Reply #574 on: October 19, 2018, 10:40:43 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Is there a reason Brown didn’t play the last 7 minutes of the game? Rozier tossing up terrible shots Tatum playing horrible ya let’s not play our second best defensive permieter player for over half the quarter, very wierd.

Poor minute management and substitution patterns by Brad.  MM played more minutes than Hayward, mostly because he started the 3rd in place of him.  He played both Smart and Rozier almost as many minutes as Brown, even though both were pretty bad tonight at least on the offensive end.  Brown wasn't particularly great either, but I'd much have rather had him to close the game than Rozier.

It's going to be a challenge for Brad early in the season to figure out how to allocate the minutes to keep everyone happy and still ensure the team is effective. I'm sure he is mix and matching right now because he doesn't know his best lineups for each situation yet.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #575 on: October 19, 2018, 10:40:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kyrie needs to be more selfish. Period. And again, some of the line ups Brad put out there tonight were head scratching.

Brad always experiments with lineups early in the season. I'm sure that by Thanksgiving or so he will settle on the perfect lineup going forward. He runs many different lineups out there against different types of opponents, gathers stats on those lineups after he uses them enough to get enough statistical meaning, then picks his lineup.

Experiment against the Knicks or the Magic. And you can't tell me that they aren't monitoring Kyrie's minutes. But you cannot roll out Smart Rozier and Morris with Brown

« Reply #576 on: October 19, 2018, 10:41:11 PM »

Offline RGow8

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 5
i hate brown not playing.  kind of wish hayward wasnt signed at all.   

either way,  we actually do have too many players needing time.  wouldnt mind a trade.   subs are a mess and guys like smart and brown need to be on the floor.
Lol, seriously? Hayward is so much better than Brown. I guess if you didn't want wins, that would make sense. Smart and Brown were two of our absolute worst players today
I’ll bet you any amount of money Brown will have a better career than Hayward, and I really like Gordon. But if you can’t see the talent isn’t close than I dunno what to tell you.

« Reply #577 on: October 19, 2018, 10:41:38 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Here comes the Raptor hype....

It’s deserved.  They’re either the second-best or the best team in the east.  We didn’t play all that well tonight particularly in the second half, but Toronto had a hand in that and it’s no fluke that they beat us.  They’re a good team and a legit threat.

I was encouraged by Hayward’s play tonight though.  He showed glimpses of being Gordon Hayward, which we’ll need.

« Reply #578 on: October 19, 2018, 10:41:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Experiment against the Knicks or the Magic. And you can't tell me that they aren't monitoring Kyrie's minutes. But you cannot roll out Smart Rozier and Morris with Brown
They definitely are keeping him on a short leash, similar to Hayward. Once they're both completely freed up we should be a lot better

« Reply #579 on: October 19, 2018, 10:42:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston's defense tonight was garbage. Let anyone and everyone into the lane. And for the Lord's sake find Danny Green. It is not hard he just stands in the corner and shoots 3s

« Reply #580 on: October 19, 2018, 10:42:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

either way,  we actually do have too many players needing time.  wouldnt mind a trade.   subs are a mess and guys like smart and brown need to be on the floor.
Lol, seriously? Hayward is so much better than Brown. I guess if you didn't want wins, that would make sense. Smart and Brown were two of our absolute worst players today
I’ll bet you any amount of money Brown will have a better career than Hayward, and I really like Gordon. But if you can’t see the talent isn’t close than I dunno what to tell you.
That isn't relevant, but I'd still take that bet. In terms of today's game and this season, they aren't close.

« Reply #581 on: October 19, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

Kid is certainly talented, especially athletically, but I'm afraid his ceiling will be limited by his low BBIQ. He also really needs to improve his ball-handling if he wants to make the leap.

« Reply #582 on: October 19, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

It’s deserved.  They’re either the second-best or the best team in the east.  We didn’t play all that well tonight particularly in the second half, but Toronto had a hand in that and it’s no fluke that they beat us.  They’re a good team and a legit threat.

I was encouraged by Hayward’s play tonight though.  He showed glimpses of being Gordon Hayward, which we’ll need.

It is game 2. And they got this one at home. Favorable schedule to start. Toronto will peak by March and flame out in the playoffs

« Reply #583 on: October 19, 2018, 10:44:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Its basically experiment now against good opponents, so that your data has some meaning and you know what will work in the playoffs against these teams. Anyone can look great against the Knicks and Magic, and we won't be seeing those type of teams in the playoffs anyway

« Reply #584 on: October 19, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

It is game 2. And they got this one at home. Favorable schedule to start. Toronto will peak by March and flame out in the playoffs

This is not the Toronto team that people are used to flaming out. They brought in two guys from a championship team in Leonard and Green who know how to win, and Leonard is a legit MVP candidate.  Green made some back-breaking shots for them tonight too.