Author Topic: Lebron has to leave cleveland, right?  (Read 8727 times)

Re: Lebron has to leave cleveland, right?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 08:48:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
He's going to LA, imo. His next move is about more than basketball.
Are you hinting the "LeBron to Lebronto" move?  ;D
It even, sort of, more than rhymes with itself.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 08:48:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
People keep saying that, but James has said countless times he wants to be known as the greatest ever and catch Jordan, I just can't see him all of a sudden reversing course and making his next move not be about basketball and catching Jordan.  Now if the Cavs pull off a miracle and win this year, especially if they somehow beat Golden State, then you will see a ground swell of support for him as the GOAT and that might actually allow him to go to a place like LA. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 08:48:55 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If Cleveland gets back to the NBA finals—and let’s face it, there’s a good chance of that happening—I think he’ll stay in CLE.  They can package Brooklyn pick for a good vet and sign a couple of 3 point sharp shooters like Redick or Belinelli. Life is good.

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I still don't see how he leaves Cleveland again and it ends well? ???

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 09:03:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I have him in this order

Lakers
Cleveland
Clippers
Knicks

he has painted himself into a corner with his divaness , and must controll most aspects of the club and has little respect for authority ...see him argue every other play call.....he wants to be the ref too.
This won't fly with many of the FO s or The " Real" coaches who are actually there for a basketball purpose , to coach , not baby sit like Doc Rivers and Spo,  i think the he Lakers have enough brown nosers to get the job done and place him on a he throne he feels he deserves., Ball will submit . Plus all of he money in NYC and LA is as big a attaaction as anything .  Pebron needs now billion to buy a club ,  he is hungry for money too reach his goal of ownership.

Lakers and IKnicks hire and fire coaches like clock work , they can affrd ,to hand out lots of bad contracts ,hire the wrong people , players etc . 

Rockets won't take him .  He would kill what they have made.   He is not a sharer , like KD . D Antoni runs th ship with the GM .  They won't allow Lebron over throw their authority .

Lebrons pairing are difficult , because he demands to rn the show , you must submit ,   IT would not , could be hard to find anther Kyrie , young star to totally submit to Lewhine s ego.

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 09:07:33 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Would it be unreasonable to go West being more worried about Boston and philly starting in two years  than GS? Maybe crazy maybe not.

I think he goes to LA but that includes PG signing there AND a trade of Ingram ball and parts for a third star.

What about New Orleans? So they have or Can they create room? Lebron AD rondo and Jrue with the addition of lebron shooters would be pretty awesome.

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 09:16:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If Cleveland gets back to the NBA finals—and let’s face it, there’s a good chance of that happening—I think he’ll stay in CLE.  They can package Brooklyn pick for a good vet and sign a couple of 3 point sharp shooters like Redick or Belinelli. Life is good.

What if they're swept or convincingly beaten in five like last year?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 09:30:19 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
People keep saying that, but James has said countless times he wants to be known as the greatest ever and catch Jordan, I just can't see him all of a sudden reversing course and making his next move not be about basketball and catching Jordan.  Now if the Cavs pull off a miracle and win this year, especially if they somehow beat Golden State, then you will see a ground swell of support for him as the GOAT and that might actually allow him to go to a place like LA. 
If he is truly chasing Jordan, then he should seek a baseball squad as MJ did after 3rd ring.

Joking aside.
I believe that he will go somewhere where he has a lot of the control over franchise decisions.
Something he couldn't do with the Heat and their excellent existing leadership.
So exclude the "smart teams" Spurs, Jazz, Celtics...
And something he tried and unfortunately for him succeeded in Cleveland. (the only, but IMO just 1 chip in 11 (12) years there.)
It led to Kyrie exit and this crappy team, that he, being a hometown kid and a true leader, wants to leave now.

Looking in a rearview mirror, Cleveland's moves at the deadline would suggest he is going to L.A. The pick that Cleveland gave and the salary relief they assured to them, made the Lakers even bigger players in the free agency. It feels like a one-sided, wink-wink move.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:46:56 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

What if they're swept or convincingly beaten in five like last year?

I think Lebron's legacy has more meaning if he is able to carry a team on his back to the NBA finals toward the end of his career, rather than getting together with other talent to form another super team which has no guaranty of taking down Warriors.  He has won 3 championships. If he wins one or two more by ganging up with some stars, not sure his legacy is really helped by that.

And Lebron is all about his legacy.

I also think he has a genuine affection for the fans of Cleveland, for obvious reasons.  That's why he went back there.

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Two problems with that concept, Lebron: (1) even if you win another 3 titles, it will be by forming another Miami type pact, and that will taint/asterisk your accomplishment next to Jordan, who did his 6 'chips on a home grown, organic basis; and (2) If winning the most championships is the goal to be considered all time greatest, you need 8 more, bro. 

Just ask Bill Russell.

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Two problems with that concept, Lebron: (1) even if you win another 3 titles, it will be by forming another Miami type pact, and that will taint/asterisk your accomplishment next to Jordan, who did his 6 'chips on a home grown, organic basis; and (2) If winning the most championships is the goal to be considered all time greatest, you need 8 more, bro. 

Just ask Bill Russell.
He doesn't have to win the most titles to be considered the GOAT though because statistically he will be the greatest player of all time (he easily could end up as the all time leading scorer, top 10 in assists and steals, top 30 in rebounds - plus the playoff leader in basically everything).  If he ends up with something like 5 titles (say 5-7 in Finals), plus all of the stats, I think he ends up pretty widely regarded as the best ever especially if the Cavs somehow manage to beat Golden State this year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
The Lakers make some sense to me since I think LeBron knows he won't catch up (and even less outperform) Jordan in rings. But even if they were to assemble a good/very good team around him, I have a hard time thinking he would play there, since he would be in Kobe, Magic, and other Lakers greats' shadows.

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think in a vacuum lebron would leave for a better situation.  But at SOME point, even he has to say enough is enough.  I think this team jumping takes away from him legacy and IF he cares about that at all, he should (and may) stay home.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 12:05:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just ask Bill Russell.
He doesn't have to win the most titles to be considered the GOAT though because statistically he will be the greatest player of all time (he easily could end up as the all time leading scorer, top 10 in assists and steals, top 30 in rebounds - plus the playoff leader in basically everything).  If he ends up with something like 5 titles (say 5-7 in Finals), plus all of the stats, I think he ends up pretty widely regarded as the best ever especially if the Cavs somehow manage to beat Golden State this year.
The odds of LeBron winning 2 more titles and going from 68th all time in rebounding in the limited amount of time he has left are incredibly slim though.

As for the last bit, there is almost literally no chance that happens
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 12:22:19 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Going to a team with a talented roster would only cement his legacy as a ring chaser. Winning multiple titles with this current CLE team and its garbage roster would accomplish that in some people's mind, but we all know they'll do well to beat the Celtics, much less the GSW. CLE is a dead end for him and he knows it.