Author Topic: I知 a Smart hater  (Read 24561 times)

Re: I知 a Smart hater
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 11:50:50 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Smart will (probably) never be a good offensive player but tonight is a perfect example of why he痴 an invaluable piece to a championship team. He makes winning plays.
Ohhhh yeeeaaahhhhh. In the playoffs....he is totally gonna stop Bron. And before that he'll probably stop DeMare DeRozen or Kyle Lowry or something. And then in the finals he'll totally coral Steph Curry. Totally looking forward to it.

lololol for real, are you that fan that yelled at Marcus back in college?
Ok. That's kinda funny.

And, as someone who enjoys your posting(outside of the crazy smart hate), I feel you just might be that dude.
If I remember correctly that guy yelled something maybe racial at Smart when Smart was an unpaid 20 year old kid. I'm not that guy. Smart has a job now and that job isn't to show up at the end of games that are close.

For real:

Do you think the fact that Brad, continually over 4 or 5 years, plays Marcus at the end of games, and refers to him as a winner, is because Brad is dumb or because you are just that much smarter than him?

Smart is quite clearly our 3rd best player. Tatum is making quite the argument, but Smart is clear #3.

Quit hating because you want him to be some score 30 points give up 35 guy.
Smart is our third best player now? After who? Hayward and Kyrie?

You don't have to totally believe every single thing Brad or Ainge say. Their offseason actions will say way more.

Considering Gordon can't play, Kyrie, Al, Marcus, Jayson.

I don't find that controversial.

Lol so are you saying that if another team offers Marcus 22 a year and we don't match, it is an indictment on Smart?

Just admit it, you dislike Smart for reasons beyond basketball, and no matter what he does that will remain the case
22 a year for Smart. That is very funny.

And as usual, what point are you trying to make then?

Oh you just want to complain?

Alright.

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
umm smart is the 3rd best player on this team.

I think he shouldn't have plays run for him on the offensive end and hate the amount of times he takes a shot in a game when a much better offensive option like tatum is usually on the floor at the same time.

but as bad as he is offensively, he is our 3rd best player. if someone really needs convincing of this maybe watch a game or 2.   

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 11:57:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Smart will (probably) never be a good offensive player but tonight is a perfect example of why he痴 an invaluable piece to a championship team. He makes winning plays.
Ohhhh yeeeaaahhhhh. In the playoffs....he is totally gonna stop Bron. And before that he'll probably stop DeMare DeRozen or Kyle Lowry or something. And then in the finals he'll totally coral Steph Curry. Totally looking forward to it.

Ok. That's kinda funny.

And, as someone who enjoys your posting(outside of the crazy smart hate), I feel you just might be that dude.
If I remember correctly that guy yelled something maybe racial at Smart when Smart was an unpaid 20 year old kid. I'm not that guy. Smart has a job now and that job isn't to show up at the end of games that are close.

For real:

Do you think the fact that Brad, continually over 4 or 5 years, plays Marcus at the end of games, and refers to him as a winner, is because Brad is dumb or because you are just that much smarter than him?

Smart is quite clearly our 3rd best player. Tatum is making quite the argument, but Smart is clear #3.

You don't have to totally believe every single thing Brad or Ainge say. Their offseason actions will say way more.

Lol so are you saying that if another team offers Marcus 22 a year and we don't match, it is an indictment on Smart?

Just admit it, you dislike Smart for reasons beyond basketball, and no matter what he does that will remain the case
Yes. He cheated me at cards once and then he insisted that Keynesian economics were a good thing right after speaking highly of Neitchke.

Are you referring to Friedrich Nietzsche, the German existential philosopher? If so, that's probably the most hilarious spelling of his name that I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few variations. lol

(Not poking fun at you; it's a legitimately hard name to spell. Just found that humorous.)

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2017, 12:02:45 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

Yes. He cheated me at cards once and then he insisted that Keynesian economics were a good thing right after speaking highly of Neitchke.

Are you referring to Friedrich Nietzsche, the German existential philosopher? If so, that's probably the most hilarious spelling of his name that I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few variations. lol

(Not poking fun at you; it's a legitimately hard name to spell. Just found that humorous.)

No, he was definitely talking about the late Ray Nitschke. Beyond his writing prowess, he was a pretty good linebacker.

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2017, 12:06:25 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

I was NOT making the effort to spell that name correctly. He's dead.

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2017, 12:06:59 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Ok. That's kinda funny.

For real:

No, he was definitely talking about the late Ray Nitschke. Beyond his writing prowess, he was a pretty good linebacker.
I would speak highly of that linebacker. 

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2017, 12:09:36 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I think he shouldn't have plays run for him on the offensive end and hate the amount of times he takes a shot in a game when a much better offensive option like tatum is usually on the floor at the same time.

but as bad as he is offensively, he is our 3rd best player. if someone really needs convincing of this maybe watch a game or 2.
There are people that watch the games regularly that say publicly that Marcus Smart is a better basketball player than Tatum or a healthy Jaylen? Or Horford?

Rozier I can absolutely understand. But those guys?

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:32 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

There are people that watch the games regularly that say publicly that Marcus Smart is a better basketball player than Tatum or a healthy Jaylen? Or Horford?

It's close.

Kyrie is the clear #1, and Horford is the clear #2. I think Hayward and Horford are somewhat similar in terms of relative value (can't include Hayward b/c he's not playing for us this year).

After that, you could make the case for: Smart, Tatum, Brown, and maybe, maybe Morris. At this point, it is pretty subjective in my eyes.

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 12:18:01 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

It's close.

Kyrie is the clear #1, and Horford is the clear #2. I think Hayward and Horford are somewhat similar in terms of relative value (can't include Hayward b/c he's not playing for us this year).

After that, you could make the case for: Smart, Tatum, Brown, and maybe, maybe Morris. At this point, it is pretty subjective in my eyes.
So the team traded out IT and KO left. 
The team is significantly better this year.

You see the big difference between this year and last as essentially the improvement of Smart? Is that sorta what you're implying?

Like after the upgrade from IT to Kyrie the next biggest thing is Smart's play?

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 12:18:31 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Marcus is certainly a better player than either Jaylen or Jaysen right now.

1 is Kyrie, 2 is Horford, 3 is Smart.

If Gordon were healthy he would push Marcus to 4.

What are you trying to say?

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 12:25:05 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

It's close.

So the team traded out IT and KO left. 
The team is significantly better this year.

You see the big difference between this year and last as essentially the improvement of Smart? Is that sorta what you're implying?

Like after the upgrade from IT to Kyrie the next biggest thing is Smart's play?

Nope. I'm not convinced that the team is significantly better than last year. There's still 43 games to play, and the Celtics hold a slight edge as the #1 team in the East. They have a better record at this point, but I don't necessarily think that they will beat CLE in the ECF.

I do think that the combo of Brown/Tatum/Baynes has helped as well.

I think Brown and Tatum will eventually be better than Marcus, but I'm not sure of that right now. I also said that I think its close, and an argument could be made for a couple of these players as the #3. If Hayward was healthy, we'd be talking about who are our 4/5/6th best players.

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 12:26:55 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I am saying I am in shock that anyone would ever suggest that Smart is even borderline in the same league as Tatum or Jaylen.  Better defender? Maybe.

Tatum is going to play in many many all star games. Jaylen could easily make a couple.

Smart won't ever get near one unless some sort of bizarre scenario happens. I mean Wally Z and Jameer Nelson both made one so maybe he could make one, maybe. Maybe. But probably not.

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2017, 12:31:34 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I am saying I am in shock that anyone would ever suggest that Smart is even borderline in the same league as Tatum or Jaylen.  Better defender? Maybe.

Tatum is going to play in many many all star games. Jaylen could easily make a couple.

Smart won't ever get near one unless some sort of bizarre scenario happens. I mean Wally Z and Jameer Nelson both made one so maybe he could make one, maybe. Maybe. But probably not.

I don't think that anyone is making the point about potential. I think we're talking about today.

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2017, 12:36:41 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

We are talking right now, and right now, Smart is clearly better than either

Go ahead and keep moving the goalposts, everyone can see what you are trying to do.

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2017, 12:37:40 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I don't think that anyone is making the point about potential. I think we're talking about today.

We are, but someone else is just trying to find new ways to criticise Smart.