Author Topic: First Round Game 1: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics, 4/20/08 (8:30pm, TNT)  (Read 59598 times)

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Nice start to the series tonight, guys ... great D and distribution. Gotta cut down on the Hawks' second-chance points next time, though.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
1 down 15 to go.

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Great win.  That officially wraps up a great weekend of basketball. 

Offline Bill Walton

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
one down 15 to go!

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
where was salabrine...he wasnt on the bench..?..

u always see him givin pounds to his team when doc calls a time out..

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Great game. Well worth the wait.

Plus Detroit lost. ;D

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!       Celtics Win First in Series 104 to 81 - Sweet!
Nice to get the first one out of the way ... and decisively! Far from a perfect game, by any means, but a solid win nonetheless. I think Doc will be bringing more attention to cutting down on our opponents' offensive rebounds, (they got way too many second and third chances), and attacking the basket and getting the ball to the perimeter a little more. Transition D could be a bit better, and getting open shots for Truth and Ray. Not bad on the turnover front, though, and pretty good distribution depth-wise. Number one down ... and just focus on Wednesday for now. Go C's!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:41:40 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Great game. Well worth the wait.

Plus Detroit lost. ;D

Ditto.  And ditto.
My wife and I just drank a couple mimosas in celebration of the game 1 win.  Here's hoping we drink a whole heckuva lot more mimosas this spring!!   8) 8)
Celtics fan for life.

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Sweet start, indeed; Especially playing so deep off the bench w/ more fouls to give being able to play aggressive, hardnosed, idefatigable "D", without any drop off in "O" production with what, 6 in doubles; Oh Yeah, this is THE year!!! :)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Routine win.

After watching the national telecast of the game, I'm not sure who sucks worse, Mike Bibby or Dick Stockton.

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
One down, 15 to go. You guys can check out my game recap at this link.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Just got back from the game.  Fun time, though the crowd never really got too into it because of how routine it was.
Awesome night by Rondo.  I was dying to see what KG's +/- was for the night, because the Celtics went from being in complete control, to just sorta being control depending on whether or not he was on the floor.

OK, got it +28 for KG.  Not too shabby.

A walk in the park.   
Yup

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
The crowd really died down after the 1st quarter, because the first 6 minutes of that quarter was not too fun to watch.  As soon as Cassell came in for Rondo, all ball movement stopped and it seemed like every single possession turned into an iso play or 1-on-1 pickup ball.  The results were not great, and the Hawks cut the lead down very quickly.

I think that was the only negative I took out of this game, was that the offense with Rondo and KG out didn't look sharp; Sam did waaaaaay too much dribbling around without trying to pass the ball.

But I gotta say, when you don't play your best game (for the full 48 at least) and still win by 23, it says a lot about how far this team can go.

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
the hawks are pathetic and have no business being in the playoffs.  sweep

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
the hawks are pathetic and have no business being in the playoffs.  sweep

Exactly, It really is terrible to have to risk possible energy in such a futile series against a worthless opponent.