Author Topic: AD is on another level  (Read 8197 times)

Re: AD is on another level
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
And what's wrong with just staying put and developing the young picks we still have?

All this trade talk is like a race to nothing.

The Warriors are a well-oiled team now, and the team that beats them has gotta be the same, not a collection of a few talented players

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2019, 02:20:55 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I doubt those performances happen if he becomes a celtic.

Irving needs usage, horford needs usage and hayward needs usage. Not alot of ball to go around

He doesn’t need to put up those numbers here, I was just showing what he’s capable of.   The grand majority of players in history are not capable of that in the same role that he’s in.

I wouldn't say that, neccessarily.

Alot of guys, if given over 30% usage amd maximum opportunity can put up big numbers.

A lot of AD's gaudy stat numbers come from steals, blocks, rebounds, high percentages, and low TOs.  Steals, blocks and rebounds aren't really linked to usage rate so much as usage is more offensive and how many plays are run through a player.  If anything a player would be more apt to suffer in efficiency under high usage and AD has a career 1.9 TO average, and efficient percentages with a career 58.5% true shooting percentage.  He also averages 11.6 trips to the line per game which is incredible and something the Celtics lack as they're in last place this season for FTAs.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 02:24:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Here's the thing, though.

If we DON'T trade for AD and leave the team AS IS - where does THAT leave us?

Would Jaylen be content coming off the bench for the rest of his career? Not fair to him - he has the talent to start on most teams out there.

Same with Jayson...with his star shining so brightly shouldn't he get the opportunity to be the face of another team?

If we keep this team AS IS - can they achieve greatness?

Do we keep GH in a bench role - even though he is CLEARLY trending back to his All-Star level play?

We've got a log-jam here....a critical point in this team's future.

Now - "IF" this team somehow goes on to win Banner 18 THIS YEAR - my argument is a bit moot. I've been wrong before and I'd own it if I were wrong again.

But for the time being you make this trade for Anthony Davis...just my take.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 02:27:49 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
And what's wrong with just staying put and developing the young picks we still have?

All this trade talk is like a race to nothing.

The Warriors are a well-oiled team now, and the team that beats them has gotta be the same, not a collection of a few talented players

The trade would be a race to a championship, not a race to nothing.  I really don't understand what that means.  Clearly you're just against trading altogether and a bit of a homer (no offense, I love the Celtics too) and a bit nervous of change.  Danny has a vision (has for years), I can see it and I agree with him.  It's cool you've got your opinion, rock on, I disagree so I'm gonna tap out there.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 02:28:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Would Jaylen be content coming off the bench for the rest of his career? Not fair to him - he has the talent to start on most teams out there.

Same with Jayson...with his star shining so brightly shouldn't he get the opportunity to be the face of another team?

Do we keep GH in a bench role - even though he is CLEARLY trending back to his All-Star level play?

Now - "IF" this team somehow goes on to win Banner 18 THIS YEAR - my argument is a bit moot. I've been wrong before and I'd own it if I were wrong again.

There's also the risk of AD leaving the next year and the Celtics lose all their precious pieces and draft picks for nothing.

Then they'd be stuck with Kyrie, Hayward, Ojeleye, and a bunch of nobodies moving forward

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 02:32:03 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
Yeah I guess this just goes in circles no matter what.  Was trying to put a positive spin on what's probably happening to the Celtics. 

All-star game should be fun tonight.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 02:34:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah I guess this just goes in circles no matter what.  Was trying to put a positive spin on what's probably happening to the Celtics. 

Lol WELCOME to Celticsstrong!  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Lol WELCOME to Celticsstrong!  :laugh:

;D

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

So we're just chopped-liver now? We're one of the few best teams in the league and you don't see that's BECAUSE of Tatum, JB and Smart.

I know y'all can't see that because you're too busy looking at their weaknesses to see their strengths. JB looks more like the second coming of Kobe than any player in the league right now, and he's the one that's given the most crap.

All of y'all have watched the league for years, so I don't know why y'all think 2nd and 3rd year players are peak.  It is never that way.

AD, Gordon and Kyrie are not beating the Warriors...cause that's all you're gonna be able to afford with this direction you wanna go.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 02:51:08 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

So we're just chopped-liver now? We're one of the few best teams in the league and you don't see that's BECAUSE of Tatum, JB and Smart.

I know y'all can't see that because you're too busy looking at their weaknesses to see their strengths. JB looks more like the second coming of Kobe than any player in the league right now, and he's the one that's given the most crap.

All of y'all have watched the league for years, so I don't know why y'all think 2nd and 3rd year players are peak.  It is never that way.

AD, Gordon and Kyrie are not beating the Warriors...cause that's all you're gonna be able to afford with this direction you wanna go.
Second coming of Kobe??? Seriously? I like our young guys too, but no wonder why other team's fans call Celtics fans delusional. As for the last part, I would take prime AD, prime Kyrie, and Brad Stevens over any other team in the league right now (including our own).
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 03:04:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Second coming of Kobe??? Seriously? I like our young guys too, but no wonder why other team's fans call Celtics fans delusional. As for the last part, I would take prime AD, prime Kyrie, and Brad Stevens over any other team in the league right now (including our own).

I am for the youth movement but JB aint no Kobe.

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 03:12:44 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
People need to stop using the term, “throw so and so away”.  If we trade Tatum (or anyone else on this team) for Davis it’s anything but throwing them away. 

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 03:13:38 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

You seriously underestimate him. If he only scored 5 more points a game, he'd already be another JR Rider, and just as strong.

Seriously...watch the man and not the ball...then try to figure out what's Brad's design.

When we first drafted him I KNEW he didn't play a lot of street ball because he has no trickery in his game at all and would take awhile.

But watch him now...he puts in alot of work and makes a difference under the radar.

Like I said before...you don't know what you had until you lose it.

And I don't know how Kyrie and AD are gonna win sitting on the bench with a sore pinky toe, scratch on the arm and hemorrhoids :)

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

I am for the youth movement but JB aint no Kobe.

Kobe wasn't no Kobe in his third year...that's my point.

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2019, 04:40:06 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I doubt those performances happen if he becomes a celtic.

Irving needs usage, horford needs usage and hayward needs usage. Not alot of ball to go around

tell that to the Warriors....LOL

Usage is overrated. If we do get AD, him and Kyrie will be the main offensive weapon. Al will definitely be happy taking a backseat.
Hayward will be back to being himself and you know him, he likes to play as a jack of all trades kinda guy that will only step up when Kyrie and/or AD misses time due to rest or injury...