Author Topic: predicting the next 3 blockbuster trades  (Read 1498 times)

predicting the next 3 blockbuster trades
« on: December 21, 2018, 05:52:24 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
1. February 2019. Kevin Love to Nuggets.

DEN gets: Kevin Love
CLE gets: Paul Millsap (upcoming team option), Trey Lyles, Malik Beasley, 2020 2nd rounder

2. June 2019. Anthony Davis to Celtics.

BOS gets: Anthony Davis
NOP gets: Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart, Guerschon Yabusele, Kings pick (10th). Clippers pick (18th)

3. June 2019. Damian Lillard to Lakers.

LAL get: Damian Lillard
POR get: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, 2020 1st rounder

Honorable mention. Febuary 2019. Porter to Kings, Whiteside to Wizards

WAS gets: Hassan Whiteside
SAC gets: Otto Porter
MIA gets: Kosta Koufos, Zach Randolph, Justin Jackson, 2020 WAS 2md rounder

Whatcha got?

Re: predicting the next 3 blockbuster trades
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 06:45:00 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
1. February 2019. Kevin Love to Nuggets.

DEN gets: Kevin Love
CLE gets: Paul Millsap (upcoming team option), Trey Lyles, Malik Beasley, 2020 2nd rounder

2. June 2019. Anthony Davis to Celtics.

BOS gets: Anthony Davis
NOP gets: Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart, Guerschon Yabusele, Kings pick (10th). Clippers pick (18th)

3. June 2019. Damian Lillard to Lakers.

LAL get: Damian Lillard
POR get: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, 2020 1st rounder

Honorable mention. Febuary 2019. Porter to Kings, Whiteside to Wizards

WAS gets: Hassan Whiteside
SAC gets: Otto Porter
MIA gets: Kosta Koufos, Zach Randolph, Justin Jackson, 2020 WAS 2md rounder

Whatcha got?

Denver's record has a lot do with their defensive improvement over last year. Millsap is very important to balance the team, so I'm not sure they want to trade him for Love. Even though Millsap is 33, he's still a very good player.

I highly doubt that Portland will trade Lillard and that package isn't good enough at all. I wouldn't consider that offer if I were them, chances are very slim that one of Ball, Ingram and late 1st is going to be as good as Lillard.

There's enough said about trading for Davis, but I don't see Smart as salary filler, I'd rather put someone else there and add some more picks.

You're honorable mention might be the most realistic. It looks like the Wizards aren't ready to reset the clock and are continuing the road with Wall and Beal. Adding an athletic center who can protect the rim fits the team perhaps better than a low usage winger, although they already have Howard and just traded Oubre.     

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I wouldnt trade Tatum for Davis because I’m a homer.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I thought Kyrie had to be re-signed in free agency before we could trade for AD. 

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Jokic and Love don’t seem like an ideal match defensively.  A better fit might be a team like Houston, Dallas, or Utah that has a defensive minded center (without looking too closely for salary matching purposes). 

2 other names to keep an eye on are Kemba Walker and John Wall.

My Anthony Davis trade has Horford going to a 3rd team, Rozier S&T along with the Kings pick and Grizzlies pick going to the Pelicans, and the 3rd team sending other assets to the Pelicans.  I’m not sure that will be enough so we might have to throw in something like Brown too.  I don’t see the Pelicans wanting Horford in a probably rebuild trade that’s why I have him going to a 3rd team.  Horford’s salary makes it easier to match up salaries, and if we have Davis we have less of a need for Horford especially as he ages.