Author Topic: Patriots 2017 season  (Read 76863 times)

Re: Patriots 2017 season
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
They made a big mistake trading Garoppolo. They could have plugged him in here, beat the Jags, and rest Brady until the Superbowl.

How certain is everyone that Jimmy is a better bet than Hoyer?  Not talking 5 years from now or even 1 year from now. Veteran Hoyer might be a solid fill-in for one game.

They don't.  It's purely speculative.

I hope so, but Jimmy is not a rookie, he was training under Brady and Bill for several years now.

« Reply #376 on: January 19, 2018, 02:09:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So Brady did have a presser today. It lasted 4 minutes, he appeared with gloves on(!), and refused to talk about pretty much anything. The takeaways:

1. Wouldn't talk about the injury,
2. Wouldn't confirm he practiced,
3. Wouldn't say whether he threw the ball,
4. Wouldn't confirm he'll play Sunday.

Zo and the rest of the midday show at the Hub seem to think he needed to get stitches on his thumb. If that's true, it doesn't look good at all.

Y'all think Hoyer can hit Cooks on a deep route?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #377 on: January 19, 2018, 02:16:02 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I can't fathom him not playing on Sunday.  If guys can play with dozens of holes in their brain, Brady can play with a few stitches.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #378 on: January 19, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I can't fathom him not playing on Sunday.  If guys can play with dozens of holes in their brain, Brady can play with a few stitches.
I've had stitches in my thumb. Had to wear a splint for a lot more than 4 days for the wound not to reopen. And I didn't even have all that many.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #379 on: January 19, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
I've had stitches in my thumb. Had to wear a splint for a lot more than 4 days for the wound not to reopen. And I didn't even have all that many.

Was he in a splint today? That'd spell the end of our season.

« Reply #380 on: January 19, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

He didn't even take his gloves off for the presser, from what I understand. I'll bet you he's still in a splint under them.

« Reply #382 on: January 19, 2018, 04:36:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
In the meanwhile, the team listed Brady (as well as everyone else on the injury report) as questionable, which pretty much means nothing. Unlike yesterday, he also apparently practiced for real today (limited), but we already knew that.

« Reply #383 on: January 19, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

If Tom Brady is in a splint today, the Patriots' season is over? Yikes, I wasn't aware. Maybe I should sell my tickets for Sunday.

« Reply #384 on: January 19, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

If Tom Brady is in a splint today, the Patriots' season is over? Yikes, I wasn't aware. Maybe I should sell my tickets for Sunday.

When multiple thoughts are shared, they form a context. Congrats on having tickets to the game.

« Reply #385 on: January 19, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I hope this is sarcasm.

Of course at Celticsblog the end is always nigh
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2018, 07:30:52 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I hope this is sarcasm.

Of course at Celticsblog the end is always nigh

It is funny how people bite on the sensationalized media. "Brady held out of practice" turns into "Breaking news: Brady might not play on Sunday". Some will always take the bait, regardless of Brady's ability to play through pain and regardless of the Patriots use of the injury report to troll the rest of the league.

« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I love the way this Jaguars team plays. I’ll always be a sucker for old-school football.  A strong defense and running game? Sign me up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2018, 04:31:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I love the way this Jaguars team plays. I’ll always be a sucker for old-school football.  A strong defense and running game? Sign me up.
Except they're ahead because mostly because Bortles is playing out of his mind.

« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2018, 04:44:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
This will be a good ethical test of the concussion protocol.  Gronk definitely sustained one, but the stakes are very high... does he "clear" the protocol?