Author Topic: Would the Celtics & Rockets do a Rondo for Hardin trade?  (Read 3554 times)

Would the Celtics & Rockets do a Rondo for Hardin trade?
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »

Offline InameallmyanimalsLarry

• NCE
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Maybe Hardin can't play with Dwight. It works on the trade machine.
Or maybe something bigger like Rondo, Sully and either Green or Bass for Hardin and Omer; both of these work on the trade machine as well.
optimism is a skill

Re: Would the Celtics & Rockets do a Rondo for Hardin trade?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:41:07 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Wow... Rondo's not that valuable. First Rondo for Westbrook and now Rondo for Harden. No way the other teams do those deals.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:05:53 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Rockets wouldn't

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:57:15 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
of rockets got SG in return, they would do it,

rondo
mayo
parson
jones
howard

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:03:28 AM »

Offline InameallmyanimalsLarry

• NCE
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
It sounds to me like you guys think that Hardin is a much better player than Rondo and maybe he is, in a vacuum, but Hardin has looked horrible in the first round. If the Rockets were to decide that Howard and Hardin can't co-exist and that Howard is who they want to build around then I think he and Rondo would do quite well together. Howard wants to be the man and Rondo likes to feed the man. OK what kind of sweetener do you think it would take for Houston to want to do it.

I like the Rondo, Sully, Bass/Green for Hardin and Omer deal better for both teams anyway.
optimism is a skill

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Rondo isn't even as valuable as Parsons! Harden is a real star player in this league and Rondo isn't even close to being one. I'd love for this deal to happen but more than likely the Celtics would have to trade both of their picks and take on a bad contract in order to move Rondo for someone that isn't a role player on a contender. Someone does need to babysit Harden though. Can't keep going out on nights before a big game drinking.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 06:54:07 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Rondo isn't even as valuable as Parsons! Harden is a real star player in this league and Rondo isn't even close to being one. I'd love for this deal to happen but more than likely the Celtics would have to trade both of their picks and take on a bad contract in order to move Rondo for someone that isn't a role player on a contender. Someone does need to babysit Harden though. Can't keep going out on nights before a big game drinking.

While I also think that the Cs would have to add something to a Rondo / Harden deal, I think you are underestimating Rondo a bit here.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 07:16:41 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

While I also think that the Cs would have to add something to a Rondo / Harden deal, I think you are underestimating Rondo a bit here.

Havent you ever met CB? That's pretty much his thing. All Celtics suck and everybody's players are better. I'm willing to bet he might be 15 years old.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 07:19:43 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Havent you ever met CB? That's pretty much his thing. All Celtics suck and everybody's players are better. I'm willing to bet he might be 15 years old.

By CB do you mean Celticsblog?

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 07:21:23 AM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
No.  I Fear the Beard, but not in the post season.  Rondo embraces the big moments, he doesnt shrink from them.

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

Not true at all. I've been impressed with Sullinger and I do like Olynyk even though I still think they should have picked the Greek freak. I'm just against the whole point of view that Rondo is a star player in this league. He is not. He has never guided a team to the playoffs by himself. In the playoffs people are still living off of that series against the 76ers that the C's almost lost despite being favored. Would I rather have MCW Lillard or some other young point guard? Yep! Does that mean I think he's on Kendall Marshall's level? Not at all. Rondo is a very useful 3rd or 4th star on a contender but he's far from a star player like CelticsBlog worships him as.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 07:41:43 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
If the Rockets wanted to move Harden I don't think Rondo is the type of player they'd pursue. Morey values 3-pt shooting and an ability to draw fouls and score at the free throw line highly. Neither of those is Rajon's strong suit.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 07:49:34 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Not true at all. I've been impressed with Sullinger and I do like Olynyk even though I still think they should have picked the Greek freak. I'm just against the whole point of view that Rondo is a star player in this league. He is not. He has never guided a team to the playoffs by himself. In the playoffs people are still living off of that series against the 76ers that the C's almost lost despite being favored. Would I rather have MCW Lillard or some other young point guard? Yep! Does that mean I think he's on Kendall Marshall's level? Not at all. Rondo is a very useful 3rd or 4th star on a contender but he's far from a star player like CelticsBlog worships him as.

It's cool, I'm mostly just giving you a hard time.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. I just happen to disagree with mostly all of yours lol.

Rondo is and always will be the lightning rod on this team, so I fully expect varying opinions on him.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 07:56:07 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Maybe Hardin can't play with Dwight. It works on the trade machine.
Or maybe something bigger like Rondo, Sully and either Green or Bass for Hardin and Omer; both of these work on the trade machine as well.

who is hardin???  You mean HARDEN??
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 08:08:15 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Houston wouldn't.

I still think the one team that makes the most sense for a Rondo trade is the Lakers.

I just don't think teams like OKC and Houston are going to deal their star players for Rondo.

I also think something like Rondo and Jeff Green or Brandon Bass to the Lakers for Nash's expiring, Pau Gasol in a sign and trade, either Nick Young or Kendall Marshall and their 2014 1st rounder makes some sense for both teams.

The Lakers are going to be desparate to do something, anything to return to relevance and that's one team that Rondo might sign an extension with, unlike Sacramento or Toronto.

Btw, just saw that D'Antoni resigned as coach for next year.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:16:15 AM by gpap »