Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107491 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #540 on: June 17, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Screw this deal unless those picks can be parlayed into a Butler. They need more than the #3 and next year's first round pick, which could be anywhere.

Do people realize how hard it is to get to #1 overall in the lottery?  It's strictly a dice roll.

Ainge has got to stop collecting draft picks, and then doing nothing with them.
When did ainge "do nothing" with a apick? This makes no sense since ainge does actually use the pick  to pick players. And just last year he made a trade of a high second rounder.

Before, Aingewais a genius for getting picks, now he is a dunce for getting picks.

The negative nellies here need to get a grip. Ainge knows better than we do.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #541 on: June 17, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Giving up a decade of Fultz for 1 year of PG13 or 2 years of Butler is a moronic move. Just shows how impatient Ainge can be. We should be in no rush but unfortunately with the Al Horford signing and failing to aquire this years NBA Finals MVP he created a win now philosophy. Signing Horford ruined the future of this team and organization. SMH
Did ainge actually do this? How does him not doing that show impatience? Your conjecture is not reality and may never be.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #542 on: June 17, 2017, 04:21:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Nbadrafts latest take as to how Lakers taking Ball ties in with 76ers- celtics trade

Why the Lakers take Lonzo Ball: The Lakers taking Ball is said to be close to a done deal, meaning that the Jackson interest was likely a smoke screen to try to get Ainge and the Celtics to stand pat and select Jackson, allowing Fultz to fall to them at 2. Ball gives the Lakers a perfect set up guy to pair with DeAngelo Russell. The Lakers could still take a hard look at Jackson, but word is that Ball at their pick is close to a lock now. the Lakers will have more options to pursue wing players like Paul George without Jackson.
So Lakers roll out a starting five of Ball/Russell/Ingram/Randal/Mosgov?

Danny better be getting the Lakers 2018 in this trade because the Lakers are going to suck with that starting lineup. It has potential for the future but in the here and now they will be awful

I disagree. I think they will improve a lot next year with Ball. Which is why the Laker pick doesn't excite me much. I'd rather have the King pick even though it's a year later.

« Reply #543 on: June 17, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

THIS^^^^^^^
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #544 on: June 17, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 14m14 minutes ago

Sources: The plan's for Markelle Fultz's visit to Philadelphia today to clear way toward finalizing a deal with Boston for No. 1 pick.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 13m13 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Discussions have centered on Sixers sending 2017 No. 3, 2018 Lakers pick, and possibly 2021 1st -- including complicated protections.

"Complicated protections" scare me.

And in any event let's suppose we get the 2018 Lakers pick and they end up winning 29 games and get the 6th lottery slot, then drop to 8th on draft day.

We flip the #3 and the other pick for Butler.

Is the #1 for Butler and a 2018 mid-lottery pick worth it?

I mean, we could've had him at the deadline this year, supposedly, except for the fact that we wanted #1 protection on it. Now we have the #1 and we go for something that's pretty similar?

I just get the feeling there's something fundamental about all this I'm missing, in terms of what Danny's up to. I guess we will have to wait until draft night.
I think you might be over estimating the Lakers win total next year, though I can understand that might be wirse case scenario.

IMO, replacing Lou Williams 19 PPG with rookie Ball will be tough. I see the Lakers with about 22-24 wins if the are running out Ball, Russell, Ingram, Randall, Mosgov every night. Too much youth to win regularly.

22-24 wins probably makes you a top 4 worse team with an excellent shot at top three and number one again. I could see Boston with two top three picks next year.

Can you imagine the Nets and Lakers having season long threads on the blog? Next year we could be a Finals team with two top three picks. Of course, thats best case scenario.

« Reply #545 on: June 17, 2017, 04:25:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Keith Pompey: Word out of Boston is that #Sixers and #Cetlics may come to an agreement but trade won’t be done until draft night. – via

I hope its before the 1st pick is announced....awkward otherwise

but this is the right move. safety net...in case either fultz or jackson sustain an injury prior to the draft

Or if Lakers take Jackson.

« Reply #546 on: June 17, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

THIS^^^^^^^

He has more knowledge and information.

That doesn't mean he's always right.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #547 on: June 17, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

THIS^^^^^^^

TP !

« Reply #548 on: June 17, 2017, 04:35:28 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Giving up a decade of Fultz for 1 year of PG13 or 2 years of Butler is a moronic move. Just shows how impatient Ainge can be. We should be in no rush but unfortunately with the Al Horford signing and failing to aquire this years NBA Finals MVP he created a win now philosophy. Signing Horford ruined the future of this team and organization. SMH

This, at least, makes no sense. Horford was signed with straight cap space - it did nothing to hinder any ability to build for the future. There's absolutely no reason that signing Horford prevents the team from continuing to draft and develop youth.

« Reply #549 on: June 17, 2017, 04:35:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

THIS^^^^^^^

I'll never understand the apologism/pseudo-fatalism that surrounds Danny and Brad at times here on the blog.

Yes, they most likely know much more than us when it comes to this stuff. But they're also humans with flaws and biases just like the rest of us. They can still make a major mistake when many with less knowledge actually get it right.

« Reply #550 on: June 17, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

THIS^^^^^^^

I have a lot of trust in Danny and nobody is perfect. If this deal goes down than we will see who he drafts. If he continues with players that are defenders that can't shoot I think it's fair to say we have a problem in the Celtics front office.

60% of #1 picks go on to be all stars
34%? of players 2-5 I believe go on to be all stars
goes down to 17% after that

So taking yourself out of the top spot just cut your chances in half!

« Reply #551 on: June 17, 2017, 04:39:27 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Screw this deal unless those picks can be parlayed into a Butler. They need more than the #3 and next year's first round pick, which could be anywhere.

Do people realize how hard it is to get to #1 overall in the lottery?  It's strictly a dice roll.

Ainge has got to stop collecting draft picks, and then doing nothing with them.
When did ainge "do nothing" with a apick? This makes no sense since ainge does actually use the pick  to pick players. And just last year he made a trade of a high second rounder.

Before, Aingewais a genius for getting picks, now he is a dunce for getting picks.

Stop with the making of the sense!

Whats funny is people are flipping out about a kid who doesn't shoot lights out from the 3(but got better as the year went on) but can get to the hoop and flays really good D, for a guy who is going to be 28 who doesn't shoot lights out from the 3pt line but gets to the hoop and plays really good D.

Yeah Butler dose shoot better from the , and yeah Jackson has some off the court issues, but Butler had some locker room issues.

I'd be fine with Butler, if that means Hayward is also coming. Thats a lot of fire power the C's would get. But no way Does CHI get more than #3 and AB and filler. He's not work the 2018 Nets pick as well.

What I'd love to see.

DA flips the # 3 and AB for Hayward,(if possible not sure how all works with player options). Then we could have possible enough for Griffin as well(might have to take a paycut). He could do what KD is doing with GSW,

« Reply #552 on: June 17, 2017, 04:40:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

THIS^^^^^^^

I'll never understand the apologism/pseudo-fatalism that surrounds Danny and Brad at times here on the blog.

Yes, they most likely know much more than us when it comes to this stuff. But they're also humans with flaws and biases just like the rest of us. They can still make a major mistake when many with less knowledge actually get it right.

I'll never understand the negativity that surrounds Danny and Brad in this Blog at times. It's either that Danny think Fultz is the player or that he has a trade lined up.

« Reply #553 on: June 17, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

THIS^^^^^^^

The way he orchestraded the big 3 then traded them just at the right time to fleece the Nets...

He is a genius...deserves the benefit of the doubt

« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2017, 04:45:13 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

THIS^^^^^^^

The point for me is that once DA and CBS make a move, I have to rest on the assumption that their judgment is better than mine.  I don't want a Butler trade that costs the #3 and either the LAL or Nets '17.   Too much forfeit of the future for a good but not great player, IMO.  But they want to win championships and they see things and know things I don't, so ultimately I'll trust that it's the right move.