Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107492 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #420 on: June 16, 2017, 11:03:57 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Actually, the more I think about it, I think Danny is infatuated with.....

Danny Ainge!

He's so caught up in his "Trader Dan" persona, he feels the need to perpetuate his alleged fleecing reputation. 

WE HAVE THE #1 PICK!!  U did it Danny.  We get it, u fleeced Bklyn.  Use the pick on the player who has everything we need.  This reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer is on a joyride with the fuel light on but chooses to bypass the exit to push his luck and see how far he can go.

No way. Just smart business. If you can get a player you want plus more picks you do it. No brainer

Hes not guaranteed to get the player he wants at #3.  He is at #1 tho.  Its not a no brainer!

« Reply #421 on: June 16, 2017, 11:09:34 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Actually, the more I think about it, I think Danny is infatuated with.....

Danny Ainge!

He's so caught up in his "Trader Dan" persona, he feels the need to perpetuate his alleged fleecing reputation. 

WE HAVE THE #1 PICK!!  U did it Danny.  We get it, u fleeced Bklyn.  Use the pick on the player who has everything we need.  This reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer is on a joyride with the fuel light on but chooses to bypass the exit to push his luck and see how far he can go.

This.

« Reply #422 on: June 16, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Tom Moore, a beat writer for the 76ers, says a second version of the trade with the Bulls and 76ers has been floated around now, including:

Boston: Butler

Philly: #1

Chicago: #3, 2018 Brooklyn pick, Okafor

I'm calling major, major BS on that. We'd essentially be giving up 2 Brooklyn picks for Butler then, which he is clearly not worth. Why would we even involve Philly at all in this scenario? Butler could be had with the first pick by itself and something like Rozier most likely.

I'd say if that is part of the trade, then Philly is also sending us something like Simmons, Saric, several of their picks (LA, Sac, etc.), or some combination of those things. That trade as established is surely a no-go and makes no sense.

Total BS, must be a biased Chicago source who thinks Butler is as valuable as Anthony Davis. Makes zero sense for us.

I can believe this is what Chicago is asking for.  I cannot believe this is a deal Boston would accept.

I mostly think that is a trade Boston would not take... and then I remember the reports that Ainge was ready to send six picks to get Winslow a few years ago.   And then I worry.

« Reply #423 on: June 16, 2017, 11:11:35 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
You have to ask who would be leaking this rumor and why and if it's all just click bait?

Exactly.

« Reply #424 on: June 16, 2017, 11:12:00 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Lol n i think i said this a possibility

« Reply #425 on: June 16, 2017, 11:14:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Covington is a role player.  That's it.  He's not even as good a shooter as Crowder was last year.

Trading the #1 overall pick for the #3 and a role player is NOT even close to worth it.

Like I said before, check out the Penny Hardaway trade.  That's the type of value I'd look to get back in return if we were ever to move off #1. 

And this is STILL a risky move even if they give us #3, the Lakers 18 pick and the Sacramento 19 pick.

1.  The Lakers could take Jackson at #2.  Then we'd be screwed.
2.  The Lakers could sign a good free agent this summer and get into the respectable lower lottery area.  Having a pick between #10-14 next year would be a pretty poor return.
3.  The Kings might turn it around by 2019 or their pick turns out to be outside the top 5.

Too many things can go wrong.  It better be a godfather deal for Ainge to move that #1 pick.

if we could get Covington in the deal ......Id feel a little better ......Tatum and Covington would help the front and add size and scoring where we are despert .

I scared DA is still in love with AB , Jae and Young and Rozier too much

Lakers will take Ball imo. 

Lakers likely won't mess with their capsapce . So that they have a shot to sign PG13 next season

see that 2018 Lakers pick might not be a top 5 or even 10 if Geroge signs with LA....... it might be a 14 or 15 pick .   

Ball and George mght kill that 2018 LA pick value

id want Fultz and THREE firsts to swap down .,   Philly could be better too ....although not as lkely ....i stll think Fultz will,be better than LA or Philly picks .....especically if they are 5 or higher .

we have no guareentee thos picks will be top fives.....LA and Philly could sign some vets and play ball and be out of the lottery very easy.

« Reply #426 on: June 16, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/875907740715163652?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Personal feeling is that Celtics-Philly deal is close, but momentum could be lost if it drags out too long. Minds could change.

That's from Bulpett, who is about as reliable as they come from the C's side, though he does do Danny's bidding at times.

I think the talks are real and serious, but I'm still not sure that they ultimately get done. That takes a lot of balls to trade the number one pick like that, and I could see Danny souring on the idea after sleeping on it.

« Reply #427 on: June 16, 2017, 11:22:00 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Covington is a role player.  That's it.  He's not even as good a shooter as Crowder was last year.

Trading the #1 overall pick for the #3 and a role player is NOT even close to worth it.

Like I said before, check out the Penny Hardaway trade.  That's the type of value I'd look to get back in return if we were ever to move off #1. 

And this is STILL a risky move even if they give us #3, the Lakers 18 pick and the Sacramento 19 pick.

1.  The Lakers could take Jackson at #2.  Then we'd be screwed.
2.  The Lakers could sign a good free agent this summer and get into the respectable lower lottery area.  Having a pick between #10-14 next year would be a pretty poor return.
3.  The Kings might turn it around by 2019 or their pick turns out to be outside the top 5.

Too many things can go wrong.  It better be a godfather deal for Ainge to move that #1 pick.

if we could get Covington in the deal ......Id feel a little better ......Tatum and Covington would help the front and add size and scoring where we are despert .

I scared DA is still in love with AB , Jae and Young and Rozier too much
George is not a free agent until after 2018
Lakers will take Ball imo. 

Lakers likely won't mess with their capsapce . So that they have a shot to sign PG13 next season

see that 2018 Lakers pick might not be a top 5 or even 10 if Geroge signs with LA....... it might be a 14 or 15 pick .   

Ball and George mght kill that 2018 LA pick value

id want Fultz and THREE firsts to swap down .,   Philly could be better too ....although not as lkely ....i stll think Fultz will,be better than LA or Philly picks .....especically if they are 5 or higher .

we have no guareentee thos picks will be top fives.....LA and Philly could sign some vets and play ball and be out of the lottery very easy.

« Reply #428 on: June 16, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Gosh people are soft on this blog.

In order to get other GMs to present offers for #1, it would make sense for Danny (or someone else inside the front office) to leak news that that they're talking with Philly. Suddenly a team that covets Fultz might want to go overboard and offer something better than Philly....

In my opinion, Danny is creating a market for the #1. This means he is doing his job.... well.

Also, it is a little weird to fall in love with a 19 year old basketball player, knowing all well that a majority of the all stars in the league were not #1.

« Reply #429 on: June 16, 2017, 11:26:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/875907740715163652?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Personal feeling is that Celtics-Philly deal is close, but momentum could be lost if it drags out too long. Minds could change.

That's from Bulpett, who is about as reliable as they come from the C's side, though he does do Danny's bidding at times.

I think the talks are real and serious, but I'm still not sure that they ultimately get done. That takes a lot of balls to trade the number one pick like that, and I could see Danny souring on the idea after sleeping on it.

pro .....im concerned the over value of the picks Philly wants to give .  Those teams are going to sign vet playes and want to win .......Like Paul George ......that could kill the value of those picks .....LA and Philly might not be tanking next year. 

If DA is not sure about Fultz , then take Jackson and call it a day .    Those picks philly wants to give us migjt not be top 5...,,, thats just this board dreaming .

« Reply #430 on: June 16, 2017, 11:30:48 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

pro .....im concerned the over value of the picks Philly wants to give .  Those teams are going to sign vet playes and want to win .......Like Paul George ......that could kill the value of those picks .....LA and Philly might not be tanking next year. 

If DA is not sure about Fultz , then take Jackson and call it a day .    Those picks philly wants to give us migjt not be top 5...,,, thats just this board dreaming .

Out of respect Shaq, I will remind you that the proposed Lakers trade is the 2018 Lakers pick. Paul George is a free agent in the same off season as the already conveyed puck. So unless the Lakers give up assets to trade for PG, they don't have a way to impact the 2018 Lakers pick other than internal growth
#JKJB

« Reply #431 on: June 16, 2017, 11:31:09 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ainge better have something to do with those draft picks he gets that helps this team short range, or it won't make much sense. I assume he has thought this thing out and will have some good reasons for trading the pick. He will need them.

« Reply #432 on: June 16, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Gosh people are soft on this blog.

In order to get other GMs to present offers for #1, it would make sense for Danny (or someone else inside the front office) to leak news that that they're talking with Philly. Suddenly a team that covets Fultz might want to go overboard and offer something better than Philly....

In my opinion, Danny is creating a market for the #1. This means he is doing his job.... well.

Also, it is a little weird to fall in love with a 19 year old basketball player, knowing all well that a majority of the all stars in the league were not #1.
And then Philly is like "We're not talking about this with Boston."

« Reply #433 on: June 16, 2017, 11:57:55 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
There may be a consensus among top 3 teams that Fultz and Jackson are clearly tier 1.  Thus, Boston Lakers and Philly all want one of those two guys. 

Thus, Philly on outside looking in. 

So, Philly offers quite a deal to Boston, such that Danny is willing to settle for Ball or Tatum, etc.. Danny asks for a lot.  Otherwise sorry Philly stay out of tier 1. 

In the end, Danny is happy with extra picks as he believes tier 1 (Fultz and Jackson) and tier 2 (let's say Ball, Tatum and Isaac) in this draft is not as far apart as others feel. 

« Reply #434 on: June 17, 2017, 12:02:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Considering Jackson cancelled his workout with the Celtics, and Ball refused to work out of us, one would have to assume if we are trading away the #1 pick it means we are getting Paul George or Jimmy Butler and we are sending the #3 pick to Chicago or Indiana.

We get a haul from Philly of picks and maybe Okafor.
Chicago gets #3 (or Indiana)
We get a star player with lots of future picks.

Bulpett is reasonably reliable, but he's also Ainge's mouthpiece.

I'd prefer Butler or PG13 over any of those guys at #2,3 or 4.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.