Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107491 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #390 on: June 16, 2017, 09:58:16 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I don't know what to think right now. It's a combination of anxiety, depression, and excitement all at once.

Im with you. I wanted to attend the draft party this year, but I don't want to end up being a boo bird. Danny has done everything I wanted him to since drafting Marcus Smart. If we don't have Fultz or Anthony Davis come draft night, ill be sick.
I dont think I  would ever boo a draft pick. But NBA rumors are like no other. Totally gest the adrenaline rushing.

« Reply #391 on: June 16, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
we are going to end up with Tatum and Lakers draft pick next year .......i just feel it in my bones.

At least Tatum can shoot but still yuck, if that's all the trade is we have to get a big back from them and they can take Rozier.

Tatum shot the 3 at 34 percent last season..jackson at 37

Tatum was only ok in shooting the 3 and getting to the line vs Jackson shot better from the 3 pt line ...but also shot 40 more FTS

at a worst rate than than Tatum...but also got the opponents in more foul trouble

Jackson is also a better overall defender

If danny is after 3 and D...Jackson is his guy

our luck tho.....Lakers take him .......Ive prepared for the worst .....Tatum and Lakers 2018 ........i d never chance that .......Ball is not a sure deal to the Lakers. 50/50 my guess.

« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2017, 09:59:47 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
we are going to end up with Tatum and Lakers draft pick next year .......i just feel it in my bones.

At least Tatum can shoot but still yuck, if that's all the trade is we have to get a big back from them and they can take Rozier.

Tatum was only ok in shooting the 3 and getting to the line vs Jackson shot better from the 3 pt line ...but also shot 40 more FTS

at a worst rate than than Tatum...but also got the opponents in more foul trouble

I did read Tatum is still working to improve his 3 but he sounds like a terrific mid range guy which I know isn't in style right now but I'm predicting he will be a better shooter than Jackson, but you could easily be right.

« Reply #393 on: June 16, 2017, 10:01:09 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

if we could get Covington in the deal ......Id feel a little better ......Tatum and Covington would help the front and add size and scoring where we are despert .

I scared DA is still in love with AB , Jae and Young and Rozier too much

sixers have made it clear they are not going to disrupt their core
simmons, embiid, saric, covington...

Tell em to get Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed than!

« Reply #394 on: June 16, 2017, 10:02:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I did read Tatum is still working to improve his 3 but he sounds like a terrific mid range guy which I know isn't in style right now but I'm predicting he will be a better shooter than Jackson, but you could easily be right.

I think Danny will try to get Tatum in for a workout or at least a meeting

but as of now Jackson is the only prospect that will be meeting the Celtics soon (per twitter)

« Reply #395 on: June 16, 2017, 10:05:55 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
What if the Celtics make the trade and... the Lakers take Jackson at #2?  Because then we are screwed.

Fultz is off the board.  Jackson is off the board.

We can either draft a PG who has difficulty shooting midrange - Ball and whose dad's ego isn't a fit for Boston or we can select from the second tier of Tatum, Monk, Fox, etc.

It just seems very risky to make this trade when you needed the ping pong balls to bounce 'just right' to land #1 in this year's draft.

And what would the package be in return?

It had better be a Penny Hardaway level trade - ie #3 plus two-three unprotected #1 picks or it won't be worth it. 

Even then thinking of the Hardaway trade - did any good players come out of the future firsts outside of Penny himself?  I can't remember a single memorable selection.

« Reply #396 on: June 16, 2017, 10:06:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

our luck tho.....Lakers take him .......Ive prepared for the worst .....Tatum and Lakers 2018 ........i d never chance that .......Ball is not a sure deal to the Lakers. 50/50 my guess.

IF Lakers take Jackson at #2... i seriously can't see Danny taking Ball ...  and dealing with his crazy father

plus if he takes Ball.. there is a decent chance he could join the Lakers after his rookie deal.. its just a headache

« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

if we could get Covington in the deal ......Id feel a little better ......Tatum and Covington would help the front and add size and scoring where we are despert .

I scared DA is still in love with AB , Jae and Young and Rozier too much

sixers have made it clear they are not going to disrupt their core
simmons, embiid, saric, covington...

Tell em to get ****ed than!

i agree ......no deal unless we a deal for Covington ....for Rozier. .....AB is just going to kill the cap ....got to get rid of him and KO.

« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

IF Lakers take Jackson at #2... i seriously can't see Danny taking Ball ...  and dealing with his crazy father

plus if he takes Ball.. there is a decent chance he could join the Lakers after his rookie deal.. its just a headache

see.....thats what is going to happen l..Lakers take Jackson .....that leaves us with Tatum and Lakers pick ......unless DA has inside info 90% or better LA takes Ball or DA. ha another pretty certain deal working for a star .....hopefully PG .....not Butler

« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
This is so stupid if it happens.

Worst thing is we're doing the deal with a division rival. So if it goes bad and Fultz is a jet, we'll have to play him 4 or more times a year plus playoffs every year, and get the pie rubbed in our face every time.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2017, 10:13:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Fultz > than Tatum and Lakers 2018 pick.......

this sucks DA .....don't be stupid .

« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2017, 10:16:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
What if the Celtics make the trade and... the Lakers take Jackson at #2? Because then we are screwed.

I think Danny and staff have assessed this risk and have two prospects in mind, if one is chosen by the Lakers

« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2017, 10:21:04 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I'm not sure I understand the angst. This was hailed to be one of the best drafts in recent history but all of a sudden there are no good prospects at #3?

Plus we could possibly pick up Lakers 2018 which may very well leave us with 2 top five picks in 2018.

We can't develop 10 rookies at once so I expect several trades to add future value... Zizic, Jaylen year 2 and high level FA and we are good. If we already have a commitment from Hayward there's simply no need for Fultz.

« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
What if the Celtics make the trade and... the Lakers take Jackson at #2? Because then we are screwed.

I think Danny and staff have assessed this risk and have two prospects in mind, if one is chosen by the Lakers

So as usual we get the leftovers.  There has to be one person he wants more than the other.  It's not encouraging to think we'll have to end up taking "Option B", when we could have had the pick of the litter.

« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2017, 10:21:44 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Need a shot blocker and offensive rebounder. How we get here is the question???