Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107513 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #345 on: June 16, 2017, 09:04:21 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I wonder how much input Stevens has had/is having in all of this?

Probably more than anyone is considering or imagining, which would make the situation even more intriguing.

Jackson is definitely much more of a Stevens kind of player. He can guard 1-4 on defense, Brad gets a Stevens in his pants just thinking of that versatility.

BUT WE CANNOT SCORE!!  I'm so tired of these defensive studs with versatility.  When we need a bucket, who else besides IT can get one?

THIS^^^

« Reply #346 on: June 16, 2017, 09:05:12 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I can get behind the idea of trading #1 for multiple picks and getting Jimmy Butler back while keeping some of those extra picks.  Then signing Blake Griffin.  That's my dream right now.

Have a team that can compete now (I think it could), while still having future potential lottery picks to add young, cheap talent, or to trade for vets to patch up the new-and-improved championship contender.

Even better if LeBron does go West to sign with the Lakers or Clippers.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #347 on: June 16, 2017, 09:05:48 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
18 pages later and I'm pretty sure the people attached to Fultz and upset would've been just as attached to Joe Barry Carroll, i.e., they've completely sold themselves on the Fultz groupthink and can't rearrange their heads to ponder other possibilities.

I second this sentiment.

I don't necessarily think this is exactly it.  We as fans only can go off of opinions of experts and what we see if we watch a player.  If there is a consensus among the experts most fans formulate their opinion based off of these opinions.

We are fickle though.  All it takes is a few people saying "wow Lonzo Ball is shooting up the charts" or "Fultz and a horrible workout" and we change.

I am on record that the Celtics should draft Fultz at #1 because I trust the wisdom of markets.  However if they do not want him as a player or think that the guys available at #3 or further down are close to as valuable...then the should absolutely trade down. 

The problem is that people have riled themselves up into Fultz hype and banners and jerseys and retirement without ever seeing him play.  That is wrong and that is why Ainge runs the team and we are fans.

« Reply #348 on: June 16, 2017, 09:06:21 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100

Probably more than anyone is considering or imagining, which would make the situation even more intriguing.

Jackson is definitely much more of a Stevens kind of player. He can guard 1-4 on defense, Brad gets a Stevens in his pants just thinking of that versatility.

BUT WE CANNOT SCORE!!  I'm so tired of these defensive studs with versatility.  When we need a bucket, who else besides IT can get one?

I guess that would be determined by further deals. If we end up with Butler, plus Hayward and still hold on to 3 - things look a ton different.

IT
Butler
Hayward
FA (Taj Gibson?)
Horford

Smart
Brown
Jackson
Zizic

« Reply #349 on: June 16, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
18 pages later and I'm pretty sure the people attached to Fultz and upset would've been just as attached to Joe Barry Carroll, i.e., they've completely sold themselves on the Fultz groupthink and can't rearrange their heads to ponder other possibilities.

I second this sentiment.

Third ;D

« Reply #350 on: June 16, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Hayward or maybe Griffin

if not Hayward... i can see Danny signing Dion Waiters

Hayward, Brown and Jackson?  Waiters? Haha, I needed a laugh

you can laugh all you want...but as a backup plan...signing Waiters to provide some scoring help is a good plan

Waiters had some big time games last season... 

« Reply #351 on: June 16, 2017, 09:07:30 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

THIS^^^

They had one of the best offensive ratings in the NBA this year and the best 4th Q scorer in the league.

« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
so.....if you take Jackson , have Brown already , why Keep Jae

im see n too much of a log jam ......and then add Hayward ?

none of this makes since .

« Reply #353 on: June 16, 2017, 09:09:24 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I second this sentiment.

I don't necessarily think this is exactly it.  We as fans only can go off of opinions of experts and what we see if we watch a player.  If there is a consensus among the experts most fans formulate their opinion based off of these opinions.

We are fickle though.  All it takes is a few people saying "wow Lonzo Ball is shooting up the charts" or "Fultz and a horrible workout" and we change.

I am on record that the Celtics should draft Fultz at #1 because I trust the wisdom of markets.  However if they do not want him as a player or think that the guys available at #3 or further down are close to as valuable...then the should absolutely trade down. 

The problem is that people have riled themselves up into Fultz hype and banners and jerseys and retirement without ever seeing him play.  That is wrong and that is why Ainge runs the team and we are fans.

I've seen Fultz play.
He is very, very good.
And only 19.

« Reply #354 on: June 16, 2017, 09:10:02 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100

Crowder goes out in a trade for Butler and Bradley would have to go out in a trade maybe for a PF to fill out the lineup?

« Reply #355 on: June 16, 2017, 09:10:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Unless Danny has GOoD info that Lebron is not returnng to Cavs and sees an opening to push the Celtics forward with more stars.

im lost ....all this makes no sense

« Reply #356 on: June 16, 2017, 09:10:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

If Hayward signs... Jae is a goner imo

« Reply #357 on: June 16, 2017, 09:11:33 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33

Apt analogy. Almost too apt. Well played.

If Josh's name was Johnson instead of Jackson, we could say that Brad's getting another Johnson for Josh, or something along those twisted lines.

Clearly, the draft can't come soon enough. :)

« Reply #358 on: June 16, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I second this sentiment.

I've seen Fultz play.
He is very, very good.
And only 19.

let it go Chris... Celtics are not drafting Fultz

Celtics have cancelled their 2nd meeting with him tomorrow. he will be meeting with the 76ers instead

« Reply #359 on: June 16, 2017, 09:13:17 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

THIS^^^

They had one of the best offensive ratings in the NBA this year and the best 4th Q scorer in the league.

I'm glad these cute stats make u feel more comfortable about our offense.  Just like the #1 seed was so important.  What I saw with my own eyes is us struggling IN THE PLAYOFFS, for anyone other than IT to consistently contribute offensive.