Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107496 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2017, 06:37:12 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Add those to the other futurepicks, and we have many more and much better assets than we did in 2007. We got Ray and a transcendent talent and person in Kevin Garnett with those bananas. Danny wants the two pieces we supposedly need, now by trade or later by draft, but Daniel is working his crazy voodoo magic again.

« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
3 mins ago – via Silverscreenandroll.com
A day after Markelle Fultz talked up his fit next to D’Angelo Russell following his first workout for the Los Angeles Lakers, there are reports that president of basketball operations Magic Johnson wants to make such a pairing a reality. According to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress, Johnson “‘is in love’ with Fultz” and might attempt to trade for the Boston Celtics No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft in order to select him. Givony reports that Johnson might try to do this with an offer of Julius Randle and the Lakers’ own No. 2 pick.

Lol... we have no use for Randle. He is worse than Smart.

« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The only saving grace would be the Lakers being really bad next year and winning the lottery with Brooklyn coming in 2nd.  That's too much to chance but the Lakers and Brooklyn will definitely still be bottom 5 teams
the chance of getting porter Jr and Ayton or even doncic and bamba next year is very intriguing

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2017, 06:38:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The only saving grace would be the Lakers being really bad next year and winning the lottery with Brooklyn coming in 2nd.  That's too much to chance but the Lakers and Brooklyn will definitely still be bottom 5 teams
Thats a good point, if Ainge doesnt think theres a big gap between #1 and #3 the ability to pick up another likely top 10 pick is gigantic and all Philly selections have a lot of upside because the team is very reliant on Simmons and Embiid 2 young bigs with foot issues.

Im trying to talk myself into this, but there is some logic here.

Also, this trade makes it much easier to make a max offer to Hayward or Griffin.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2017, 06:39:05 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
There has to be another move set up for this. That's the only way it makes sense. That 76ers pick probably won't even be a lottery pick if they stay healthy.

Hate, hate, hate this. I've been banking on Fultz ever since the lottery night. We're just making the 76ers into a perennial powerhouse. Oh, and they're in our division. How the hell are we going to compete with Fultz, Simmons, AND Embiid?

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2017, 06:39:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
3 mins ago – via Silverscreenandroll.com
A day after Markelle Fultz talked up his fit next to D’Angelo Russell following his first workout for the Los Angeles Lakers, there are reports that president of basketball operations Magic Johnson wants to make such a pairing a reality. According to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress, Johnson “‘is in love’ with Fultz” and might attempt to trade for the Boston Celtics No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft in order to select him. Givony reports that Johnson might try to do this with an offer of Julius Randle and the Lakers’ own No. 2 pick.

Lol... we have no use for Randle. He is worse than Smart.
yup LA would have to include Ingram or Russel just to get the conversation started.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2017, 06:39:21 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46

“I learned that his scoring average is really good against a chair,” said president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. “Good shooting percentages against a chair. High efficiency.”

“I’ve gotten phone calls from other teams,” said Ainge, “but nothing that I’m tempted by.”

“I don’t know if it’s necessary, but we may bring him back in for a workout again,” said Ainge. (Fultz)

I guess Ainge got his offer.  LOL
Diggles

« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2017, 06:39:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/875841933725270016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

So hearing the three this year, a future 76ers first and Lakers 2018 on the table to Celtics for the number one... thats a ton of value

Please, God, enough with these future picks. There's no guarantee you get a prospect of Fultz's level with any of these picks. Why the hell would you even chance it??

So much for his "quality not quantity" comments.

When Future Draft Picks leads us to a championship you're gonna be eating your words.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2017, 06:40:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
There has to be another move set up for this. That's the only way it makes sense. That 76ers pick probably won't even be a lottery pick if they stay healthy.

Hate, hate, hate this. I've been banking on Fultz ever since the lottery night. We're just making the 76ers into a perennial powerhouse. Oh, and they're in their division. How the hell are we going to compete with Fultz, Simmons, AND Embiid?
well 2 of them havent played a game yet and the 3rd one is the biggest injury concern since Greg Oden.

« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2017, 06:41:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/875841933725270016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

So hearing the three this year, a future 76ers first and Lakers 2018 on the table to Celtics for the number one... thats a ton of value

Please, God, enough with these future picks. There's no guarantee you get a prospect of Fultz's level with any of these picks. Why the hell would you even chance it??

So much for his "quality not quantity" comments.

When Future Draft Picks leads us to a championship you're gonna be eating your words.
Future Draft Pick averages at least 20 a game next year. Should be a terrific second option.

« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2017, 06:41:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
What if lakers take dannys guy?

I'm assuming he'll just take Tatum.

« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If they don't rate Fultz much higher than Jackson, they have to trade down.  That is an easy decision.

If they don't rate Fultz much higher than everyone else, that is itself the problem.
I knew Ainge would do something like this. And I don't understand it either. You rarely have a draft as talented as this one....that still has a consensus no. 1 pick.
Not a concensus.  Internet concensus because of Draftexpress maybe.  Danny has seen all these kids in person.  Hundreds of games.  He doesn't care about internet concensus.  Many GM's do not have Fultz #1 reportedly.

Great point about "internet consensus" not necessarily matching the consensus of NBA gms.  If Danny does this deal, it obviously would indicate that he and his staff weren't part of that consensus.

Not necessarily.  Danny could agree with consensus and still make this trade.  It may indicate that he values the additional picks more than the difference between one and three.

I doubt it. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
What if lakers take dannys guy?

I'm assuming he'll just take Tatum.

Yep, he'll take Tatum in that case.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Hate, hate, hate this. I've been banking on Fultz ever since the lottery night. We're just making the 76ers into a perennial powerhouse. Oh, and they're in our division. How the hell are we going to compete with Fultz, Simmons, AND Embiid?

I ... have nothing to say.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2017, 06:45:12 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Ugh freaking Lowe now saying the principal pieces are in play and he'd be surprised if it doesn't get done at this point...

Why is this "UGH?"  I get being excited about Fultz and having the #1 pick but acting like this isn't a power move by the Celtics is kind of weird.  They are in the driver's seat.

Because we've long been longing for the type of high-level talent that Fultz represents. Making this trade means taking a lesser talent in this draft all for the price of future picks that may or may not be as good as this pick.

As the last several years have shown, with Boston in particular, quality, not quantity, wins in the NBA.

I don't think Danny would do this if he didn't think the player he is getting back (hopefully Jackson) has a good shot of being the best player from the draft.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson