Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107491 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/875841933725270016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

So hearing the three this year, a future 76ers first and Lakers 2018 on the table to Celtics for the number one... thats a ton of value

Please, God, enough with these future picks. There's no guarantee you get a prospect of Fultz's level with any of these picks. Why the hell would you even chance it??

So much for his "quality not quantity" comments.

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I am excited to see what Ainge gets for Fultz if Ainge does end up trading him.

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2017, 06:29:45 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Ugh freaking Lowe now saying the principal pieces are in play and he'd be surprised if it doesn't get done at this point...

Why is this "UGH?"  I get being excited about Fultz and having the #1 pick but acting like this isn't a power move by the Celtics is kind of weird.  They are in the driver's seat. 

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2017, 06:31:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Ugh freaking Lowe now saying the principal pieces are in play and he'd be surprised if it doesn't get done at this point...

Why is this "UGH?"  I get being excited about Fultz and having the #1 pick but acting like this isn't a power move by the Celtics is kind of weird.  They are in the driver's seat.

Because we've long been longing for the type of high-level talent that Fultz represents. Making this trade means taking a lesser talent in this draft all for the price of future picks that may or may not be as good as this pick.

As the last several years have shown, with Boston in particular, quality, not quantity, wins in the NBA.

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2017, 06:31:49 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'm very back and forth on this type of deal.  Fultz has been the guy for so long you get excited and set on that player as a future star for your team.  I just don't see any of the other guys being stars. 

If this deal is to move it for a star player like butler and get a lottery pick out of it as well I understand it but it doesn't mean I like it.  I just don't think adding Butler and Griffin put the Celtics on par with Golden State. 

Adding up the rumors it looks like it's possible Danny has another deal lined up.  I can see the below happening and I'm not sure how I feel.

#1 for #3 and the best philly pick next year out of the Lakers and their pick.

Crowder and #3 to Chicago for Butler and 16.  Sign Griffin. That's a fun team to watch but definitely not good enough to win a championship.  I'd rather have Fultz. 

PG - IT
SG - Bradley
SF - Butler
PF - Griffin
C - Horford

Bench
Brown
Smart
Yabu
Zizic
Rozier
1st round pick

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I'm very back and forth on this type of deal.  Fultz has been the guy for so long you get excited and set on that player as a future star for your team.  I just don't see any of the other guys being stars. 

If this deal is to move it for a star player like butler and get a lottery pick out of it as well I understand it but it doesn't mean I like it.  I just don't think adding Butler and Griffin put the Celtics on par with Golden State. 

Adding up the rumors it looks like it's possible Danny has another deal lined up.  I can see the below happening and I'm not sure how I feel.

#1 for #3 and the best philly pick next year out of the Lakers and their pick.

Crowder and #3 to Chicago for Butler and 16.  Sign Griffin. That's a fun team to watch but definitely not good enough to win a championship.  I'd rather have Fultz. 

PG - IT
SG - Bradley
SF - Butler
PF - Griffin
C - Horford

Bench
Brown
Smart
Yabu
Zizic
Rozier
1st round pick

What if Philly used the pick on Ball or Jackson instead of Fultz!

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Holy Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., Zach Lowe said terms are essentially agreed to.

This just became real. Im pretty confused. Markelle was the only guy in this draft who seemed to have go to scorer potential. Lets see how it pans out.

The good news is that Josh Jackson and Lonzo Ball are both terrific prospects. Its not like any one in the top 3 is likely to pull a Jahlil Okafor. I just dont like the idea of giving up a chance to get a James Harden type scorer.

I dont think Ainge will make a bad trade. Hes earned my faith in him.

No other GM in the world has the balls to trade this pick.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
If this trade goes through, whoever the Celtics take on draft night will get the living Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. booed out of him. I feel awful for Josh Jackson if thats the case.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
The only saving grace would be the Lakers being really bad next year and winning the lottery with Brooklyn coming in 2nd.  That's too much to chance but the Lakers and Brooklyn will definitely still be bottom 5 teams

« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Steve Kyler‏Verified account @stevekylerNBA

So hearing the three this year, a future 76ers first and Lakers 2018 on the table to Celtics for the number one... thats a ton of value

« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
UNLESS it's to trade for Anthony Davis in the near future...

I'm VERY HIGH on Fultz. Much higher than I am on Jackson.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
If we are gonna try to talk ourselves into Josh Jackson here is a fun tidbit.

when asked who the toughest player they faced in high school and aau was, Josh Jackson replied "Jaylen Brown", when Brown was asked the same question, his response: "Josh Jackson".

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Holy ****, Zach Lowe said terms are essentially agreed to.

This just became real. Im pretty confused. Markelle was the only guy in this draft who seemed to have go to scorer potential. Lets see how it pans out.

The good news is that Josh Jackson and Lonzo Ball are both terrific prospects. Its not like any one in the top 3 is likely to pull a Jahlil Okafor. I just dont like the idea of giving up a chance to get a James Harden type scorer.

I dont think Ainge will make a bad trade. Hes earned my faith in him.

No other GM in the world has the balls to trade this pick.
i honestly think Danny gets a thrill from the annual lottery  of landing a potential superstar. The Brooklyn picks are about to end so we can't let it end lol

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/875841933725270016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Please, God, enough with these future picks. There's no guarantee you get a prospect of Fultz's level with any of these picks. Why the hell would you even chance it??

So much for his "quality not quantity" comments.

This is interesting and a fair point. However, it does seem like we are getting the other picks for free if Ainge really doesn't like Fultz for some reasons. It would also be interesting to see how highly the Celtics fans valued that Lakers pick. We have heard how great it is for years from the philly contingency. Will it become valued less by our local contrarian if it becomes ours? Good old local contrarian.

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
3 mins ago – via Silverscreenandroll.com
A day after Markelle Fultz talked up his fit next to D’Angelo Russell following his first workout for the Los Angeles Lakers, there are reports that president of basketball operations Magic Johnson wants to make such a pairing a reality. According to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress, Johnson “‘is in love’ with Fultz” and might attempt to trade for the Boston Celtics No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft in order to select him. Givony reports that Johnson might try to do this with an offer of Julius Randle and the Lakers’ own No. 2 pick.