Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107496 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Why even bother coveting picks in trades if when you actually get the consensus #1 pick in a strong draft you go ahead and trade it away?

If I have to watch Fultz be a perennial All-Star on the Sixers or Lakers for a decade I'm gonna be ill.  Chronically ill.

I am a little surprised you are this upset without even knowing the details of the talks. I am pretty into Fultz myself. If we end up with a team of IT, Bradley, Butler, Blake, Horford with Bench of Brown, Crowder and vets is that bad? I think that team can win the championship. 4 perennial all-stars....

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2017, 05:58:18 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Sense from involved parties in Boston-Philly talks is Cs are all in. Checking physicals, poised to give No. 1 for package centered on No. 3

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/875833518600855552

Amick is rock solid. This is happening.

https://twitter.com/ForeverGreen_/status/875833013543858181?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

The Celtics are trying to get multiple picks in order to trade for Jimmy Butler
(@AdamZagoria)

So, if this was true, he'd probably have number 3 this year and then two probable top-5 picks (Brooklyn and LA) next year in the draft. How many picks would Butler cost? I can't imagine he costs more than number 3 this year and something like Rozier, along with the matching salary.

Isaiah-Butler-Horford isn't beating Golden State. They're not even beating Cleveland! Add Hayward to that and we probably take Cleveland to 7, maybe even win...and go on to get swept by the Warriors.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2017, 05:58:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Let's hang a banner in the rafters for "Future Draft Picks."

Retire that guy's number.  He's the GOAT.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2017, 05:58:56 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
The reason Danny would make the trade at all is because Jackson projects as the better pro. Plenty of flashy scorers come and go in the league.  It's the elite 2-way wing players that are winning finals MVP every year. 

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2017, 05:59:16 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Well, I'd rather Ainge invariably take Josh Jackson at three than at no.1

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Why even bother coveting picks in trades if when you actually get the consensus #1 pick in a strong draft you go ahead and trade it away?

If I have to watch Fultz be a perennial All-Star on the Sixers or Lakers for a decade I'm gonna be ill.  Chronically ill.

I am a little surprised you are this upset without even knowing the details of the talks. I am pretty into Fultz myself. If we end up with a team of IT, Bradley, Butler, Blake, Horford with Bench of Brown, Crowder and vets is that bad? I think that team can win the championship. 4 perennial all-stars....

(a) I don't think Butler is worth the top pick, let alone that plus future picks and whatever players we'd need to match salary.

(b) I don't like the spacing on that team, or the injury risk.  I don't think that team is a sure thing to beat Cleveland, let alone compete with GS.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Sense from involved parties in Boston-Philly talks is Cs are all in. Checking physicals, poised to give No. 1 for package centered on No. 3

https://twitter.com/ForeverGreen_/status/875833013543858181?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

(@AdamZagoria)

So, if this was true, he'd probably have number 3 this year and then two probable top-5 picks (Brooklyn and LA) next year in the draft. How many picks would Butler cost? I can't imagine he costs more than number 3 this year and something like Rozier, along with the matching salary.

Isaiah-Butler-Horford isn't beating Golden State. They're not even beating Cleveland! Add Hayward to that and we probably take Cleveland to 7, maybe even win...and go on to get swept by the Warriors.

What about IT, Bradley, Butler, Blake, Horford?
That team would crush Cleveland in my opinion. Especially given it would also probably have a better bench and better coaching.

« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
The reason Danny would make the trade at all is because Jackson projects as the better pro. Plenty of flashy scorers come and go in the league.  It's the elite 2-way wing players that are winning finals MVP every year.

there's little evidence that Jackson is going to be elite on either end, though.

he's a nice physical prospect with two way potential, but his scoring isn't particularly efficient and he's not an amazing defender.

you know what is a guaranteed value in today's league?  elite pick and roll ball handlers who can score from anywhere.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2017, 06:01:32 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
https://twitter.com/CelticsDirect/status/875830467517460481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

The Celtics could also be acquiring more first-round picks to deal for Jimmy Butler, per league source.

No idea who the source is, but that has to be the gameplan for this 76ers trade, if there's anything to it at all, which I'm still not convinced of.

Perhaps Danny wants Porter AND Ayton next year, or he's just irrationally addicted to future picks after the Brooklyn deal.

I swear to Jeebus, I might die inside if I see Fultz blossom into a superstar in Philly.

I don't see what is so great about Jimmy Butler. All he is is the combination of Crowder, Bradley, and Smart put into one. He is NOT a great shooter, streaky with scoring, yes he is a second option that compliments IT but he does not move the needle to championship status. Would rather continue developing youth with Fultz than acquire Butler, personally.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2017, 06:02:35 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

(a) I don't think Butler is worth the top pick, let alone that plus future picks and whatever players we'd need to match salary.

(b) I don't like the spacing on that team, or the injury risk.  I don't think that team is a sure thing to beat Cleveland, let alone compete with GS.

How is the spacing a risk?
Horford obviously spaces the floor
Bradley and IT are very good shooters
Butler Shoots 37% from 3
Blake doesn't have 3 range really, but has pretty far range.

Assuming you still have Smart and Crowder on the bench that team is very competitive with Golden State in my opinion.

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If they don't rate Fultz much higher than Jackson, they have to trade down.  That is an easy decision.

« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

(@AdamZagoria)

What about IT, Bradley, Butler, Blake, Horford?
That team would crush Cleveland in my opinion. Especially given it would also probably have a better bench and better coaching.

Maybe, MAYBE they take Cleveland. They get stomped by the Warriors.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2017, 06:03:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
When you can give up the next ten years for a chance at getting smashed in the Finals by the Warriors at some point in the next 3-4 years, you gotta do it.

You gotta do it.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
If they don't rate Fultz much higher than Jackson, they have to trade down.  That is an easy decision.

If they don't rate Fultz much higher than everyone else, that is itself the problem.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Impossible to even think about this without knowing what we would get back.