Author Topic: Draft trade up.?  (Read 7905 times)

Re: Draft trade up.?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2020, 04:14:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I'd trade up if Wiseman fell but he's really hard to judge as he's playing against guys so much smaller and weaker than him. He does have nice hands and he moves beautifully.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2020, 04:19:20 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Wonder if Okoro falls to 14. I looked at few fan consensus mocks and they have Okoro 10 to 16 range. If you are going off stats and measurements than one could argue he isn't a lottery talent. But you watch him play and defend and he looks like he can be an impact player right away. I know I mentioned him as a trade up target. Do people think that him being mostly know as a defender means he doesn't have star potential and can slip?

I think he's got some mystery to him.  That is, one could hope for K. Leonard part II, but one could end up with Jae Crowder plus a little extra.

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2020, 04:23:00 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Wonder if Okoro falls to 14. I looked at few fan consensus mocks and they have Okoro 10 to 16 range. If you are going off stats and measurements than one could argue he isn't a lottery talent. But you watch him play and defend and he looks like he can be an impact player right away. I know I mentioned him as a trade up target. Do people think that him being mostly know as a defender means he doesn't have star potential and can slip?

I think he's got some mystery to him.  That is, one could hope for K. Leonard part II, but one could end up with Jae Crowder plus a little extra.

I see a player more like Ben McClemore. I don't see consistent feel for the game or the ability to get separation.

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »

Offline Greenality

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 46
With so many questions and uncertainty in the first round who is the player at pick 8 you would trade 14 and 26 for?

I feel Wiseman, Toppin, Okongwu, or Okoro are guys you have to go after if there.

Not sure I agree or believe it but on Sam Vecenie’s podcast John Hollinger ( whose opinion I respect) thought 7 for 14,26,and 30 could make sense for both teams. His point was that a team like Detroit needs to bring in young talent and more picks gives them more swings to hit on a player.

Just watched Motor City Sports Talk podcast and yeah, it's rumors about this particular trade. I can't imagine Wiseman falling to #7 tho.
Also I like Rob continuing his progress, even if James has a higher ceiling.

That said, Smart & Wiseman would be a dynamic duo lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:36:42 PM by Greenality »

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2020, 04:41:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
With so many questions and uncertainty in the first round who is the player at pick 8 you would trade 14 and 26 for?

I feel Wiseman, Toppin, Okongwu, or Okoro are guys you have to go after if there.

Not sure I agree or believe it but on Sam Vecenie’s podcast John Hollinger ( whose opinion I respect) thought 7 for 14,26,and 30 could make sense for both teams. His point was that a team like Detroit needs to bring in young talent and more picks gives them more swings to hit on a player.

Just watched Motor City Sports Talk podcast and yeah, it's rumors about this particular trade. I can't imagine Wiseman falling to #7 tho.

If you can get Wiseman at #7 that would be a crazy good get for The Celtics. It's a swing for the fences move.

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

If Okongwu or Vassell was still on the board at 7, I’d be intrigued.

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »

Offline Greenality

• Derrick White

If you can get Wiseman at #7 that would be a crazy good get for The Celtics. It's a swing for the fences move.

I mean, I rarely saw a mock draft, where he was out of the top-5, it's almost unanimous. We can assume Minnesota, Bulls and Atlanta have different preferences here, but it's still a long shot. I hope if this is an actual plan for the C's this year, then Danny has great appreciation for somebody else too, in case Wiseman will not be on the table at #7.

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »

Offline Greenality

• Derrick White

If Okongwu or Vassell was still on the board at 7, I’d be intrigued.

Yeah, it's actually a pretty decent draft at the top. Not a lot of hype, apart from LaMelo, but some of these guys may be a lot better, than many think.