Author Topic: Terry Rozier is SCARY  (Read 2601 times)

Terry Rozier is SCARY
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
As Terry Rozier attempts to mimic Kyrie he really is out of control Scary.
He played much more in control last season.
He is playing Rucker Park street ball .

Re: Terry Rozier is SCARY
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:30:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Terry is playing like the player he was last year and the years before it.

His playoffs were really good, and I was hoping that he'd build off of that. But instead it seems clear that they were just a hot streak combined with increased minutes while we all watched him a lot more closely than usual.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 10:43:47 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Of course Marcus Smart and Tatum had to be the ones to get dinged up yesterday.  Couldn't have been Morris and Rozier.  Nooooooo
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:07:58 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Rozier needs to take the act somewhere else. From playing for a contract to playing to get noticed to playing just to survive. He plays hero ball on both sides of the court. He loses his man on D all the time, he plays street ball on offense.

Let someone else hope that he can learn to play the game within his own personal skill level.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

His playoffs were really good, and I was hoping that he'd build off of that. But instead it seems clear that they were just a hot streak combined with increased minutes while we all watched him a lot more closely than usual.

I agree that he has played this way most of his career, but its not true that he just got hot at the end of last year. He really did play smarter.

He took better shots(far less step back 3's), pushed the pace, and moved the ball if he couldn't get to the rim immediately. I don't understand how he gave up on those lessons. It will cost him tens of millions of dollars and limit his ability to play the minutes he wants.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 12:08:42 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Rozier was more secure last year. He knew he didn't have to compete with one of the flashiest guards of all time. This year he has looked different because he was trying to be Irving. Why wouldn't he? He clearly wanted playing time. Would you (as a young man) accept that you're a lesser player and attempt a Mark Jackson style of basketball when Kyrie is making highlight after highlight? Terry is a competitor. I don't see much more to it than that.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 12:56:14 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Rozier was more secure last year. He knew he didn't have to compete with one of the flashiest guards of all time. This year he has looked different because he was trying to be Irving. Why wouldn't he? He clearly wanted playing time. Would you (as a young man) accept that you're a lesser player and attempt a Mark Jackson style of basketball when Kyrie is making highlight after highlight? Terry is a competitor. I don't see much more to it than that.

Jaylen Brown, a younger man, figured out how to thrive in a second-unit role this year. Before that, Marcus Smart adjusted to coming off the bench and played well. Rozier really doesn’t seem to know what his game is, what his limits are, and how he can get paid. He has cost himself a lot of money and goodwill. Learning his craft - playing within himself - would have served him well in his career.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 01:09:12 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
TP and i  agree with td 450 the lessons learned have evaporated.Kyrie has defined dribbling skills, seeing angles and moves to counter moves ,spins and the backboard .Kyrie puts his shots up soft -the rim loves him.
I think if Rozier tightens up his dribbling ,crossovers and reveses becomes a guard again and i saw it yesterday looked off Gorden again for Morris..
Rozier has exceptional rebounding ability his quick leap and long arms .
Sorry Terry but there is only one Kyrie  and there was only one Isaiah they were born that way.Just like Marcus is wired for defense -only one Marcus.
Keep it simple Terry

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 01:35:46 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I agree that he has played this way most of his career, but its not true that he just got hot at the end of last year. He really did play smarter.

He took better shots(far less step back 3's), pushed the pace, and moved the ball if he couldn't get to the rim immediately. I don't understand how he gave up on those lessons. It will cost him tens of millions of dollars and limit his ability to play the minutes he wants.
For me a hot streak doesn't just mean shooting, his overall play was the hot streak. His shooting in the playoffs wasn't that amazing after all. (just pretty good)

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
0-10 from three in game seven of the ECF.

Sad.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 06:34:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
In the pre-game, Rozier told Abby Chin that he wasn't as happy this year.  She then tried to get more information from him about that and he said "So you're starting in on me already?" but quickly welcomed her back without answering her question.  IMO, he shouldn't have brought the topic up if he wasn't ready to address it.

Too bad.  I like Rozier and Morris, but I can't visualize them on this team next year.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 07:08:54 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Rozier and Morris are anti team.

They play only for the name on the back of the jersey and not on the front and that has no place on a boston celtics team.

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 07:35:08 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Rucker Park offense is right.

His specialness is his speed. Can break traps just by being quick. Hasn't learned the nuances of the game necessary to run a team in the half court. Doesn't seem to think that's important.

A lost season. Won't be signed to the starting spot he thinks he deserves. The money is something else; he definitely won't get the role he thinks he should have.

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 08:15:37 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
In the pre-game, Rozier told Abby Chin that he wasn't as happy this year.  She then tried to get more information from him about that and he said "So you're starting in on me already?" but quickly welcomed her back without answering her question.  IMO, he shouldn't have brought the topic up if he wasn't ready to address it.

Too bad.  I like Rozier and Morris, but I can't visualize them on this team next year.

We are fortunate that Hayward seems to have found his game right before the playoffs.  Brad can limit the minutes of Rozier and Morris when they are struggling.  I'd like to see Rozier elevate his game but I'm definitely not counting on it.

I would love to see the rotation listed below.  Obviously minutes would increase for Kyrie and Horford in games that are extremely close.

STARTERS
Kyrie - 35 MPG
Smart - 30 MPG
Tatum - 32 MPG
Horford - 32 MPG
Baynes - 20 MPG

BENCH
Hayward - 30 MPG
Jaylen Brown - 30 MPG
Morris - 21 MPG
Theis - 10 MPG
Ojeleye - 8 MPG (He enters the rotation if we play the Bucks.  Shave some minutes from Brown and Tatum in this scenario.)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:33:16 AM by Green-18 »

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 08:58:23 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

This.  Rozier has always been this player.  He’s got talent, sure.  But he plays with blinkers on and is the anthithesesis of a PG.