Author Topic: something needs to change fast  (Read 8638 times)

Re: something needs to change fast
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2019, 05:35:09 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Is anybody who watched the team two seasons ago going to tell me that the guys on the roster didn't seem to enjoy playing with IT a lot more than the guys on this year's team enjoy playing with Kyrie?

Again, I don't think Kyrie is to blame for all of the chemistry issues on the team this year.

It's not about how many shots they take, or how much defense they play, either.  Although I think as far as defense goes, with IT the issue was always size, not effort.

But I don't think there should be any controversy in saying that IT was the heart and soul of this team two years ago in a way that Kyrie has still not managed to achieve and embody in his time here so far.
Agree with all that, but definitely disagree that it's "night and day" between IT and Kyrie in terms of the things you listed

Being a contender is heavy burden, something IT never had to face.  He had one great year where the team was actually good, got lucky to escape the 1st round with Rondo hurt, got lucky to escape the 2nd round in the playoffs thanks to Kelly's game 7, and he has barely played since.  He was out of town the year after when expectations had actually set in, Kyrie faced those and rattled off a 13-14 game win streak.  I don't think it's night and day either.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07