Author Topic: McMenanim: Cavs players don't think current roster can compete (Merged)  (Read 25386 times)

Re: McMenanim: Cavs players don't think current roster can compete (Merged)
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2018, 11:10:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You have James, Wade and their guys in one corner....IT in the other and Love in the third. This team hates each other

Now you see why Kyrie wanted out

Regardless of how it ultimately turns out for us, Kyrie looks very smart for getting himself out of that toxic locker room.
Some of the criticism aimed at him for being a "me first" type player and person for wanting to be traded away from a team with Lebron on it looks pretty lame now.

There's two sides to that.  To be fair, he embraced that persona after the trade. For example, in his interview with Kellerman, he stated that his motivation to leave was his desire to "perfect his craft."  He then responded to questions in a self-centered, childlike way -- with questions, or one word answers -- when asked if he "cared at all" about LeBron potentially having his feelings hurt.  It's easy to see how some thought of him as selfish (even trade demand aside).  That he was arrogant, condescending, and disrespectful throughout the interview just verified that.
That interview looks a lot better given what we have seen coming out of Cleveland. Irving could have unloaded on Lebron and Cleveland. Irving was bombarded with questions about Lebron ans Cleveland and didn't want to answer them. He, in his own weird political way, avoided the questions or said little.

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2018, 11:16:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Cavs fans on Twitter during this whole debacle this season.

« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2018, 11:19:45 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The more the Pelicans and Clippers win, the worse for Cleveland.

The only guys that can truly thread the needle for them is DeMarcus Cousins, or a package of DeAndre Jordan + Lou Williams. BUT if the Clippers and Pelicans aren't sellers (which looks likely), then who else is there for CLE to get that could actually thread the needle. Certainly not the George Hill's of the league lol.

Now are the Cavs that desperate that they'd move Isaiah + BKN Pick for Kemba?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2018, 11:46:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
You have James, Wade and their guys in one corner....IT in the other and Love in the third. This team hates each other

Regardless of how it ultimately turns out for us, Kyrie looks very smart for getting himself out of that toxic locker room.
Some of the criticism aimed at him for being a "me first" type player and person for wanting to be traded away from a team with Lebron on it looks pretty lame now.

There's two sides to that.  To be fair, he embraced that persona after the trade. For example, in his interview with Kellerman, he stated that his motivation to leave was his desire to "perfect his craft."  He then responded to questions in a self-centered, childlike way -- with questions, or one word answers -- when asked if he "cared at all" about LeBron potentially having his feelings hurt.  It's easy to see how some thought of him as selfish (even trade demand aside).  That he was arrogant, condescending, and disrespectful throughout the interview just verified that.
That interview looks a lot better given what we have seen coming out of Cleveland. Irving could have unloaded on Lebron and Cleveland. Irving was bombarded with questions about Lebron ans Cleveland and didn't want to answer them. He, in his own weird political way, avoided the questions or said little.

I thought it was a bad look, and that's not to discount that they're all probably difficult to play with -- LeBron seems brutal, IT brought all his baggage, JR Smith... , Love has been the poor scapegoat.  Lue must have had his hands full.       
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2018, 06:56:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I'm fully on board with that point-of-view.  He said less, and that's always a good thing if you are treading through questions designed to put you on the spot.

Top players in this league have a lot of power and generally control where they play -- James, Durant, Paul, Irving. 

« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Checking out the Cavs blog . Many of them think IT is Woj’s source .

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2018, 03:08:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kevin love might get snubbed as an all star. He never complains. Being treated like a joke by players. He needs to ask out

« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2018, 03:26:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue says the Cavs' explosive team meeting before Monday's practice needs to result in better play on the court or else it will amount to meaningless talk.

"I don't know if it was needed, but now we got to do something about it," Lue said at Cleveland's shootaround Tuesday morning in preparation for the San Antonio Spurs. "Do a lot of talking, but we got to play better. We got to execute better offensively. We got to execute better defensively. We got to be better collectively.

« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2018, 05:53:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Wow, it was IT that called out Love? What the? why? this makes no sense...

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248700/Isaiah-Thomas-Took-Lead-Calling-Out-Kevin-Love-During-Cavs-Meeting

« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Wow, it was IT that called out Love? What the? why? this makes no sense...

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248700/Isaiah-Thomas-Took-Lead-Calling-Out-Kevin-Love-During-Cavs-Meeting

His fault not mine....trying to save my Brink 's.  truck  contract
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:27:32 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Ty Lue says Tristan Thompson will start at center, Kevin Love goes back to the 4 and Jae Crowder will come off the bench.

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydNBA/status/956585467427815430

« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Ty Lue says Tristan Thompson will start at center, Kevin Love goes back to the 4 and Jae Crowder will come off the bench.

That may help them. Same lineup as last season with IT instead of Kyrie. This is what I thought would be the lineup from the moment IT was healthy enough. I always thought Jae would be LBJs backup.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

That may help them. Same lineup as last season with IT instead of Kyrie. This is what I thought would be the lineup from the moment IT was healthy enough. I always thought Jae would be LBJs backup.

I think this has a shot at working, but I also am really questioning whether TT is not focused on basetball living the Kardashian life. His advanced stats were terrible pre-injury

« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I think this has a shot at working, but I also am really questioning whether TT is not focused on basetball living the Kardashian life. His advanced stats were terrible pre-injury
His rates/percentages are all about the same as last year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
My guess, and yes, its pure speculation, is that IT is focused on getting his stats first and foremost, to maximize his chances at a big contract this summer. In turn, the Cavs defense is nowhere near as good at covering his defensive liabilities, and when teammates call him out on it he throws others under the bus by saying the team worked harder at defense in Boston. Well yeah, but the defense in Boston was also designed to hide his lack of ability.