Author Topic: Celtics salaries for next three seasons  (Read 3379 times)

Re: Celtics salaries for next three seasons
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
The Celtics would have to be aggressive in the next 2 seasons as the cap will be under 68 million... after that it jumps dramatically into the 80's then 100's into the 2020's..

I sound like a broken record but sign max deals to RFA's Leonard and Drummond... both SA and Det cant match that at this point

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Celtics would have to be aggressive in the next 2 seasons as the cap will be under 68 million... after that it jumps dramatically into the 80's then 100's into the 2020's..

I sound like a broken record but sign max deals to RFA's Leonard and Drummond... both SA and Det cant match that at this point

I don't think you understand how restricted free agency works.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Boston has not had a problem resignig their own free agents.  If players really hated it here they would never resign either.

We haven't been able to sign a major FA because we never have cap space.  That's the only reason.