Author Topic: Rockets Put Brooks + Battier On The Trading Block?  (Read 8130 times)

Rockets Put Brooks + Battier On The Trading Block?
« on: June 29, 2009, 02:46:21 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60155/20090629/rockets_offer_brooks_and_battier_for_rubio/

Apparently they offered Brooks + Battier for Rubio. I think Danny should consider this deal with Rondo if it is true. I would trade Rondo for that because Brooks has blazing speed just like Rondo, Plus he can shoot. Battier would be the perfect Wing off the bench too.

PG: Brooks       / Marbury
SG: Ray          / House
SF: PP           / Battier
PF: KG           / BBD
 C: Perk         / Vet FA

What do you guys think ?

Re: Rockets Put Brooks + Battier On The Trading Block
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:47:51 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I would absolutely not trade Rondo for Brooks and Battier.

Although, we should definitely look to acquire Battier.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Brooks is going to be a very good PG in this league. After they traded Alston he was very good and gave the Lakers all types of trouble in the playoffs, they had no answer for him

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:50:20 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Brooks is going to be a very good PG in this league. After they traded Alston he was very good and gave the Lakers all types of trouble in the playoffs, they had no answer for him

Maybe so, but Rondo is going to be an outstanding point guard in this league. It would be a terrible trade for us.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 02:51:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Very very tempting.

and not to be greedy, but we would need a little more back in return (Jermaine Taylor or Chase Buddinger?) since we would have to include our (valuable) expiring contracts TA+Scals to match salaries.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Very very tempting.

and not to be greedy, but we would need a little more back in return (Jermaine Taylor or Chase Buddinger?) since we would have to include our (valuable) expiring contracts TA+Scals to match salaries.

Maybe a future 1st? or Hayes I would take he would be a Big Body that can defend...

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Very very tempting.

Maybe a future 1st? or Hayes I would take he would be a Big Body that can defend...
What about Carl Landry? or is he worth to much to the rockets.

I actually really really like this trade idea. And seeing as they offered those two players for a rookie pg. We should be able to get a little bit more then the proposed package for rajon.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Very very tempting.

What about Carl Landry? or is he worth to much to the rockets.

Landry is too good of a player. That would be asking for way to much for Rondo

Re: Rockets Put Brooks + Battier On The Trading Block?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11847
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I love Battier.  He would fit on the Celtics very well.  I don't think I'd trade Rondo though. 

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 03:12:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I do this. Brooks is good so is Battier. Maybe also get Scola for baby. that would fill all our holes.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 03:28:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
get battier danny...do what it takes and get him...perfect for the celtics off the bench

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 03:34:56 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'd love to have Battier but I wouldn't trade a starter to get him.  He's not worth a downgrade at point (Brooks isn't that good).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wonder if this could be a precursor to bigger things in Houston.

Yao is going to be out probably all next year and probably much longer or forever. His surgery was completely unsuccessful and the bones never healed. That's big trouble.

So with McGrady always injured and in the last year of his contract, Artest in free agency, and the prospect of having no Yao without immediate cap relief available the Rockets could be suddenly thrown into full rebuilding role and might be looking to dump salary and contracts to get bad and unhindered by salary as fast as possible.

That means moving McGady, Battier, and maybe Scola and it also means they might have to sweeten the deal by throwing in Lowry or Brooks to sweeten the deal.

Unfortunately, I don't think they have anything we want other than Battier and we have nothing they would want except Rondo. It just doesn't sound like a good match.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I wouldnt trade Rondo for Brooks and Battier. I love both players, but it would result in a signficant decrease in talent at the pg position. Yes, brooks averaged 17 ppg in the playoffs, but only 11.2 in the regular season. Also, he does not have the passing ability, rebounding, or defensive presence that Rondo has. Right now, our team does not need a scoring point guard. we need a guard that can make plays and distribute (rondo). I think we would be a worse team with Brooks as our pg.

That being said, i would love to get battier. Scal, TA, an Pruitt for Battier? I doubt its enough for houston to deal with. Battier would be perfect off the bench
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If Houston wants to do a pure salary dump, we could take McGrady and Battier off their hands for Ray Allen and the Celtics Poo-Poo Platter (Tony Allen, Scal, and Billy Walker).  If they don't re-sign Artest (they shouldn't, RonRon on a thirty-win team is never a smart idea), they'd have basically a clean slate come the summer of 2010.  We'd basically be swapping Ray Allen for Battier, and at this point in their careers that's not a horrible trade - especially if you can get anything out of T-Mac.