Author Topic: Which of these Jaylen trades, if any, do you make?  (Read 10986 times)

Re: Which of these Jaylen trades, if any, do you make?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 08:19:54 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I don’t want to trade Hsylen but I’d definitely pick the Beal one. I’ll take the sure thing best player available. I wonder if Danny would make this trade and if this offer would be likely to be topped. Not sure if it’s good to give up the d Jaylen brings but Tatum as a #2 offensively is interesting. Would still wanna unload Kemba somehow maybe with a pick?

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
not a single one.  they are all awful
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 10:26:45 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Anthony Edwards trade (plus a pick!) intrigues me and Beal trade too. The main reason id want to keep JB tho is because of his contract. Of course, that just adds to his attractiveness.

A good question was raised earlier on how close he is to his ceiling and I think he’s close to it (90-95%?). I think we’ll see some small improvements and refinements but I think we’re done with the leaps.
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 10:49:32 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
I say no to all those trades, even the Beal one.  Yeah Beal is better on offense than Jaylen right now, but the gap is closing, and Jaylen is a better more versatile defender.   Beal's production will drop if you throw him in with Tatum in this offense.  Throw in Nesmith and a 1st, no way would I do that.

So, just like all the other trade brown or trade tatum threads the answer is no.  We keep Tatum, we keep Brown, we keep Timelord.  Anyone else is probably on the block at this point.

Agree.  I would prefer not to trade our 24 year old all-star sg.  Danny needs to get a real PF to play with the guys.  I like Payton as Kemba's replacement sooner or later.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 11:23:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Kemba and Brown for Beal and Westbrook works in trade machine. Westbrook and Smart on the same team would be nuts! Beal, Westbrook, Smart Tatum, TIMELORD is a crazy lineup! HUGE risk! It's a huge cut. I'm not sure I like this but it's a swing for a championship!

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 11:26:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kemba and Brown for Beal and Westbrook works in trade machine. Westbrook and Smart on the same team would be nuts! Beal, Westbrook, Smart Tatum, TIMELORD is a crazy lineup! HUGE risk! It's a huge cut. I'm not sure I like this but it's a swing for a championship!
I would find it very hard to root for any team with Westbrick on it. Less than no interest
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2021, 11:40:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I would find it very hard to root for any team with Westbrick on it. Less than no interest

This is true but that is a great defensive team with tons of scoring. Westbrook can't really shoot and thinks he can. If Brad could get those guys on the same page it's a championship team. I agree about Westbrook though.

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 12:16:58 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas

This is true but that is a great defensive team with tons of scoring. Westbrook can't really shoot and thinks he can. If Brad could get those guys on the same page it's a championship team. I agree about Westbrook though.

A huge swing here with tons of risk. It can go so wrong but it can also go right. As long as Westbrook buys in and lets Tatum and Beal be the top 2 guys on the team, it could work. Having gunners would also stop Smart from taking so many ill-advised shots.

That said, it would likely end up with disaster because RW is one of those players who would likely look very bad under CBS. He’s not a great shooter and his best weapon is attacking the rim and getting FT’s. I can see CBS encouraging Westbrook to shoot more and move the ball instead of trying to draw contact. He’s also a low-IQ off ball defender. At least he fits in the switch-everything defensive philosophy

- LilRip

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2021, 12:20:25 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

A huge swing here with tons of risk. It can go so wrong but it can also go right. As long as Westbrook buys in and lets Tatum and Beal be the top 2 guys on the team, it could work. Having gunners would also stop Smart from taking so many ill-advised shots.

That said, it would likely end up with disaster because RW is one of those players who would likely look very bad under CBS. He’s not a great shooter and his best weapon is attacking the rim and getting FT’s. I can see CBS encouraging Westbrook to shoot more and move the ball instead of trying to draw contact. He’s also a low-IQ off ball defender. At least he fits in the switch-everything defensive philosophy

It's a risky move but It's a chips all in move. I would love to see that team against that Nets team.

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2021, 12:24:12 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Brown for Beal.

But I would hate to see Westbrook in a Celtics jersey. Get me another point guard from another team. A mediocre PG would be enough. Just get a 2008 KG-type PF/Center and you're all set.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 01:10:24 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Brown for Beal.

But I would hate to see Westbrook in a Celtics jersey. Get me another point guard from another team. A mediocre PG would be enough. Just get a 2008 KG-type PF/Center and you're all set.

If you get the Westbrook from tonight against the Jazz.... But I get your point and I don't remember Westbrook playing well in the playoffs. I wouldn't trade Brown for Beal straight up without another deal to ship out Kemba. Just like playoff Westbrook isn't a thing, neither is playoff Kemba.

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 01:26:42 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
Brown for Beal.

You mean a culture-changing, former MVP who will likely win DPOY?  :laugh: is Giannis the closest thing to this? I can’t think of another name.

- LilRip

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 02:39:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Great defensive team? Beal and Westbrook are both below average defenders (Westbrook is straight up lazy on D now, very Rondo-esque). It also has an absolutely terrifying lack of floor spacing.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 04:53:31 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
I'd love to add Beal to our roster but not at the cost of Brown. If it was a direct swap, our team wouldn't improve at all. The Celtics would be a plus for Beal's scoring and perhaps passing, but a major minus in defence and a backcourt of Kemba & Beal would be a defensive train wreck. Brown is 3 years Beal's junior, taller and much stronger, thus you can assume his game will age very well in comparison to a 6'3" (something people forget) Bradley Beal.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2021, 05:21:30 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'd love to add Beal to our roster but not at the cost of Brown. If it was a direct swap, our team wouldn't improve at all. The Celtics would be a plus for Beal's scoring and perhaps passing, but a major minus in defence and a backcourt of Kemba & Beal would be a defensive train wreck. Brown is 3 years Beal's junior, taller and much stronger, thus you can assume his game will age very well in comparison to a 6'3" (something people forget) Bradley Beal.

Opinions vary on Walker (I think he's a negative asset) and I don't want to start that discussion here, but it makes sense that Walker goes out in a trade for Beal, because of defense and salary purposes. So that is a factor in valuing a deal for Beal.

But on a basic level I really don't think the Celtics would be required to offer Brown to get Beal (assuming he wants out to a better team). It's not what fair that's terribly important, but the market. Look at what Houston received for a superstar like Harden. Very underwhelming, but they had to trade him anyway since otherwise they'd be worse off.

Beal has a player option, so he's on a one-year-deal. The Wizard have to trade him this offseason if Beal doesn't want to extend his contract. And who will be in pursuit? 76ers, Heat, Hawks, Knicks, Raptors, Pacers? Lakers, Mavericks, Clippers, Nuggets, Pelicans, Grizzlies?

I don't think any of these teams are going to offer an All Star in return (expect Simmons, Adebayo, Young, Randle, Siakam, Sabonis, Murray, Ingram to be off the table). A few teams have more picks to offer, but aren't in a great position to compete (examples: Knicks, Pelicans).

The Hawks and Pelicans are the teams who could easily come up with a formidable package. Just not sure these are destinations Beal would be excited about.