Author Topic: How far could this team go?  (Read 1761 times)

Re: How far could this team go?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 05:27:19 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'd have significant concerns about Old Al at the 4.

I thought it was clear during his last season here he was best as a 5. Seeing him wash out in Philly only reinforced that for me. I think if you have Jonas as a 5 - who I like and have for awhile - you need a big, switchy forward that really get on the perimeter and defend. A Jerami Grant-type.
Or a Siakam type 8)

Exactly. Or a Ben Simmons type. Lol, not realistic at all but that's my in my head only 3rd guy to put next to the Jays.

I don't think we're necessarily going to find a third star this off-season.  I think it's more feasible to build a solid team that could take a leap as Tatum / Brown improve.

I don't see a star player coming our way this summer either. But I think you need a switchy forward who can on the perimeter and in the pick & roll consistently. I don't know if going back to a 2 big lineup makes sense. We've already struggled there and Al himself struggled with it next to an elite talent in Embiid.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: How far could this team go?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 05:31:12 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I think trading Kemba will be an addition by subtraction type of move. I much rather have solid role player veteran types (ala a Jae Crowder or Tim Hardaway Jr) to pair up with Jayson and Jaylen. If the Celtics keep Smart, it has to be where he comes off the bench, where I believe his value truly shines. Robert Williams is a game changer type of player, but he is also unreliable, as far as health is concerned. For that reason, I really like the Jonas idea. Tristian is too lumbering and simply can't play in the paint like a classic big man.