Author Topic: Wholesale Makeover Idea  (Read 3829 times)

Re: Wholesale Makeover Idea
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 06:22:45 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Can’t trade Tatum
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2021, 12:31:32 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
These people with the NUKE the roster mentality are something else.  We need health, period.  How many games has this team, as constructed by Danny, been together this year?  Zero!

People are giving up on everyone, trade this guy, move this guy, dam, let's see what they can do. 

Romeo haters, he was Indiana Mr. Basketball, a five-star recruit.  Hurt his wrist in his only year of college ball.  He's basically, three years removed from High School, he deserves time, which I believe he will get and shine with it. 

How about RWill, lotto pick if he comes out after his freshman year, but stayed for another.  Hurt his value but I think we are just peeling that onion back.  Can't wait to see what he has to offer.  One thing, his passing is better than advertised.

PP is good, why, four years of college ball.  He learned and developed in school.  Wish other one and doners would at least stay 2-3, but I get the money!

Give this team some time, if we can be healthy for the playoffs, no one will want to face us!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2021, 12:37:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
These people with the NUKE the roster mentality are something else.  We need health, period.  How many games has this team, as constructed by Danny, been together this year?  Zero!

People are giving up on everyone, trade this guy, move this guy, dam, let's see what they can do. 

Romeo haters, he was Indiana Mr. Basketball, a five-star recruit.  Hurt his wrist in his only year of college ball.  He's basically, three years removed from High School, he deserves time, which I believe he will get and shine with it. 

How about RWill, lotto pick if he comes out after his freshman year, but stayed for another.  Hurt his value but I think we are just peeling that onion back.  Can't wait to see what he has to offer.  One thing, his passing is better than advertised.

PP is good, why, four years of college ball.  He learned and developed in school.  Wish other one and doners would at least stay 2-3, but I get the money!

Give this team some time, if we can be healthy for the playoffs, no one will want to face us!
have to say this is usually my approach but had been leaning towards the team maybe being better off as sellers at the trading deadline due to their horrific play for the couple of months leading up to it.  The last 2 games with some health (admittedly against weakened competition) have given me hope that perhaps health can fix a number of the issues this team has had this season.  I think the Philly game will offer a good insight into what we may be able to expect a healthy team to produce.

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 02:28:04 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

have to say this is usually my approach but had been leaning towards the team maybe being better off as sellers at the trading deadline due to their horrific play for the couple of months leading up to it.  The last 2 games with some health (admittedly against weakened competition) have given me hope that perhaps health can fix a number of the issues this team has had this season.  I think the Philly game will offer a good insight into what we may be able to expect a healthy team to produce.

LOL, yeah weakened, translation, GH hurt again.  But that's what I'm talking about.  Players get hurt, maybe ours will be getting healthy at the right time.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2021, 03:28:57 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Except isn't Embiid hurt?  I think the team is headed in the right direction but we are not where we need to be right now in order to compete with better teams like PHI, even if they don't have Embiid (although that will certainly help).  Thompson is the last injured key piece so we are getting close but we have all new rotations now for everyone to get used to.  Theis out and Fournier in is one and if we are going to start RWilliams over Thompson, that is another.  And overall, we are going to play 1 big vs. 2 bigs so that changes the role to some degree for everyone.

This team is still trying to get all these things figured out.  No team is 100% settled but I feel the Celtics have more than their share right not that is not settled or worked through/fully integrated.

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2021, 04:21:03 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I may not like our team now as constructed... but this idea to blow it up is just abominably terrible.

I will ride out JT JB and Timelord for now and see where theyd be in 2 to 3 yrs time.

We are kinda like the Warriors of 2013-14 then carried over from then on.So just see what happens in the next 3 yrs.

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2021, 05:04:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Except isn't Embiid hurt?  I think the team is headed in the right direction but we are not where we need to be right now in order to compete with better teams like PHI, even if they don't have Embiid (although that will certainly help).  Thompson is the last injured key piece so we are getting close but we have all new rotations now for everyone to get used to.  Theis out and Fournier in is one and if we are going to start RWilliams over Thompson, that is another.  And overall, we are going to play 1 big vs. 2 bigs so that changes the role to some degree for everyone.

This team is still trying to get all these things figured out.  No team is 100% settled but I feel the Celtics have more than their share right not that is not settled or worked through/fully integrated.
Embiid might be hurt but Philly is still a good team. If we are going to rate the quality of the Celtics against good healthy teams even though the Celtics have lost close to the most player games due to injury and illness and have played against them shorthanded, I think it fair to rate them against good teams when the Celtics are healthy and the other team has players hurt.

Both ways aren't accurate assessments, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If Boston plays great again and wins, I am not going to undersell the victory because Embiid didn't play.

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 05:07:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Can’t trade Tatum

You can't get fair value for a 22 year old all-star. You'll end up with picks and lesser players.