Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors  (Read 72378 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2021, 06:13:06 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Watching Gordon today, I was surprised how well he passed the ball out of the low post. That is something our team is really lacking.  I see his fit here, just don't know what the Magic trade demands would be.

I am also very intrigued by Lonzo Ball suddenly.  I don't think the market as RFA will be as robust for him as it will be for John Collins, plus I really like Ball's defense and playmaking.
Rumor has it they are asking for a pick and a prospect. If you ask me, that would be an overpay for Gordon.

Since you mentioned Lonzo, here's one more quote from KOC.

Quote from: Kevin O'Connor
Sources: The Hawks and Bulls are both pursuing a trade for Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball. Talks with Atlanta have revolved around Cam Reddish.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1373749487517175817?s=20
A pick and a prospect?
I’m game. they can have our 2021 and their pick of Nesmith, Langford, G Williams. Heck, they can have two from that bunch.

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2021, 06:14:20 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Watching Gordon today, I was surprised how well he passed the ball out of the low post. That is something our team is really lacking.  I see his fit here, just don't know what the Magic trade demands would be.

I've been on the Aaron Gordon bandwagon from the jump. His passing is really underrated - he makes good reads when guys cut or move off the ball and doesn't hesitate to make the extra pass. I could see him starting at the 4 for us but also playing some small ball 5 when the situation calls for it.

I think at 25 years old, there's another tier to his game that could be unlocked in a different situation. I'm not saying he's a superstar in the waiting, but he's a guy that has positional versatility and has a better feel for the game than he gets credit for, he's just maxed out in Orlando.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2021, 06:36:52 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I've been on the Aaron Gordon bandwagon from the jump. His passing is really underrated - he makes good reads when guys cut or move off the ball and doesn't hesitate to make the extra pass. I could see him starting at the 4 for us but also playing some small ball 5 when the situation calls for it.

I think at 25 years old, there's another tier to his game that could be unlocked in a different situation. I'm not saying he's a superstar in the waiting, but he's a guy that has positional versatility and has a better feel for the game than he gets credit for, he's just maxed out in Orlando.

I’d love him here. Strikes me as a potential Draymond, higher athleticism, lower basketball IQ but similar type. Greases the wheels.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2021, 06:37:43 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

I am also very intrigued by Lonzo Ball suddenly.  I don't think the market as RFA will be as robust for him as it will be for John Collins, plus I really like Ball's defense and playmaking.
Since you mentioned Lonzo, here's one more quote from KOC.

Quote from: Kevin O'Connor
Sources: The Hawks and Bulls are both pursuing a trade for Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball. Talks with Atlanta have revolved around Cam Reddish.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1373749487517175817?s=20

Thanks. Is Cam Reddish available? He would actually be a great investment, he is really long (6'8", with 7'1" wingspan) who would fit in well with us.  He has a lot of room to develop, but if the Hawks are looking to sell him, I'd definitely want to see what it would take to get him.
Imo, Reddish is a (very) poor man's Jaylen Brown. Don't think he'll ever become a good enough shot creator. That said, he might adapt his game and transform into a useful 3+D wing. His FG% is abysmal, but he's shooting 80.8% from the FT line for his career. I mean, FT% is usually indicative of shooting potential.

The way I see it, I'd only go after Reddish if we somehow trade Brown (which ain't happening).

People still buy into KOC’s fiction, huh?

Cam Reddish for a pending RFA?
Come on mate, we are a few days prior to the deadline. We all know KOC ain't exactly Woj or Shams. Don't spoil the fun. :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:43:16 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2021, 06:41:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Celtic blog said Celtics interested in Bogdonavitch and Collins from Hawks.

Can’t see us getting all that without giving up Smart, right?

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2021, 06:47:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I can’t imagine we’d take on the financial commitment, but I’d love to get those two.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2021, 06:48:34 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

If we’re getting Collins, is Time Lord getting kept?  Might make sense to trade him as the primary non-draft value (if the Hawks are interested, of course).

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2021, 07:09:51 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I can’t imagine we’d take on the financial commitment, but I’d love to get those two.

Agreed on the math. Bogey is due $18M, and somebody is going to throw Collins a very big offer the Cs would have to match in order to keep him. I mean, for those 2 plus Kemba and the Js it could be about $140M *before* the tax. 

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2021, 07:20:29 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Ball would be a better fit than Kemba and Smart on this team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2021, 07:45:21 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I’d love Bogdanovic on the Cs. Guy is a baller. Much better player Smart (who is also gonna be due a pay bump next offseason too). Think Cs need to get what they can for Smart and avoid any situation where they have to consider giving him a large contract.

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2021, 07:51:57 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Ball would be a better fit than Kemba and Smart on this team

I second that, especially with his long range shooting improvement.

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2021, 08:06:26 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
“The Rockets, Warriors, Celtics, Timberwolves, and Trail Blazers have all had talks with the Magic for Gordon, league sources say.”

Per The Ringer

The Orlando Magic are believed to be seeking a "young player or players, a draft pick" and matching salary in return for forward Aaron Gordon, the Denver Post's Mike Singer reported Friday.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 08:11:36 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2021, 08:27:22 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
“The Rockets, Warriors, Celtics, Timberwolves, and Trail Blazers have all had talks with the Magic for Gordon, league sources say.”

Per The Ringer

The Orlando Magic are believed to be seeking a "young player or players, a draft pick" and matching salary in return for forward Aaron Gordon, the Denver Post's Mike Singer reported Friday.

You'd have to think our ability to send back no salary would put us in the lead if packages are similar. The Magic have a pretty high payroll - I'm sure they'd like to cut that down a little bit.

There's also the whole Kemba/Clifford angle. If they are holding on to Vuc, then taking Gordon/Fournier for Kemba could be interesting since you get to keep the TPE.

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2021, 08:31:19 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Per The Ringer

You'd have to think our ability to send back no salary would put us in the lead if packages are similar. The Magic have a pretty high payroll - I'm sure they'd like to cut that down a little bit.

There's also the whole Kemba/Clifford angle. If they are holding on to Vuc, then taking Gordon/Fournier for Kemba could be interesting since you get to keep the TPE.

Gordon-Aminu is even more interesting because you get to convert the Hayward TPE that doesn’t fit Beal into a Kemba TPE that does.

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2021, 08:57:51 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
BOS Smart + Nesmith or Langford
ORL Gordon + MCW

- Works in the trade machine and keeps ORL under the tax line which they're ridiculously close to.
- ORL has a Gordon replacement in Isaac, Nesmith would fit their weakest position at SF. Smart would fill the hole that will likely occur when Fournier goes into FA.
- BOS has a possible Smart replacement in PP. MCW becomes back-up PG.
- Retains full TPE (and ORL apparently wants talent rather than just picks.)