Author Topic: CB Draft '09 Mock Press Conference: Atlantic Divison  (Read 55839 times)

Re: CB Draft '09 Mock Press Conference: Atlantic Divison
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2009, 10:42:44 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So just one GM's view of the predicted order of the East and why:

1.) Toronto - defense and experience combined with enough youth and offense to take the title

2.) Boston - size, experience and talent 9 deep. If Jeffries can ever harness his talent and be what he always should have been, they could win the division

3.) Philadelphia - some are going to say I'm nuts for having them down this far but Bynum has to prove to me that he can not only make it through an entire season but that he can justify getting paid the money he does. Also, I worry that Davis may be taking a big step back and even if he doesn't he needs to be a facilitator not a producer like he prefers to be.

4.) New Jersey - they probably finish 3rd if they were in either of the other divisions in this conference. No fear though as the Nets should still probably make the playoffs as they play in the East's toughest division.

5.) New York - hard to put a team who's GM doesn't even try to make them better higher than last. The team was thrown together with little sense and the parts don't fit. A bad team that never had the chance to get better do to an absentee GM.

After raving about SG's I'm surprised you think Toronto has enough to get a title...
An Atlantic Title they do. My rant was on NBA Finals.

« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2009, 10:59:33 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well shouldn't you have picked Boston to win the division they have Dwayne Wade, and he is the most dominant SG in the division.

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2009, 01:30:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well shouldn't you have picked Boston to win the division they have Dwayne Wade, and he is the most dominant SG in the division.
Again, my rant was on NBA Finals winners not title winners. I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand here.

« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2009, 04:58:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
So basically Nick you're saying as long as Toronto's defense can keep it close coming into the final mins, KG will finish it off down the stretch with high % elbow jumpers?

So its not freezing Artest out of the game...its freezing him out of the last part of the third quarter.

You think he'll notice?

Kidding, kidding. I can't wait to see if you defend your own team as well as you just defended Rondo's. He was so perplexed by my perfect to the last drop analysis that he signed off rather than take a shot at engaging it.

I guess this should be on the back of a molson bottle, but IP which would you prefer?  A great offensive team in the final 2 minutes or a Great defensive team that is also good on the offensive end.  I would rather have the great defensive team

I agree with that. I don't buy your defense on Artest, but I like Nick's picture because its realistic. Artest will always been poor shot taking, plays with his guy and 100% emotion artest. But just make sure he can't shoot you out of close games...then I buy it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2009, 08:56:32 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1622
  • What a Pub Should Be
Here's how I have the Atlantic:

1) Philadelphia
2) Toronto