Author Topic: Trade for Beal?  (Read 3968 times)

Re: Trade for Beal?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
All are good points but at some point we have to make decisions on 2 of the 4. Tatum, Brown, Morris and Hayward. We need a big and a dead eye shooter. Our shooting is so inconsistent.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Ainge won't make a major trade until this summer, because moving any of our assets now would mean giving up on trading for AD.

TP to the OP for coming up with a trade I like but this is the truth. Nothing is going to happen until this summer and we know what's going on with AD.

Plus, I don't think the Wizards have any interest in trading Beal after how the team has responded to losing Wall.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 04:27:30 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
We could swap out Baynes for Theis.

There are a few things that worry me about AD. Hes injury prone and his big numbers don't elevate his team to wins. He has decent talent around him and I'm starting to wonder will we have to stat sheet stuffers in Kyrie and AD but not produce wins.

I just don't want to pass up good deals to package everything for AD. Getting Beal would leave some assets in the bank and you could still go for AD using picks, Horford and or Tatum. Horfords salary will somehow have to be included unless he opts out and renegotiates.

Nah, I'm good.

Kyrie/Smart is just as good as Kyrie/Beal.

Also, why trade Brown?

This. Kyrie and Smart complement each other extremely well. Smart lends defensive help, doesn’t need shots (Beal takes 20/game!), and serves as a 2dary ball handler if we want Kyrie to work off the ball. And we all know about Marcus’ shooting this year.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 04:38:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

There are a few things that worry me about AD. Hes injury prone and his big numbers don't elevate his team to wins. He has decent talent around him and I'm starting to wonder will we have to stat sheet stuffers in Kyrie and AD but not produce wins.

I just don't want to pass up good deals to package everything for AD. Getting Beal would leave some assets in the bank and you could still go for AD using picks, Horford and or Tatum. Horfords salary will somehow have to be included unless he opts out and renegotiates.

Nah, I'm good.

Kyrie/Smart is just as good as Kyrie/Beal.

Also, why trade Brown?

This. Kyrie and Smart complement each other extremely well. Smart lends defensive help, doesn’t need shots (Beal takes 20/game!), and serves as a 2dary ball handler if we want Kyrie to work off the ball. And we all know about Marcus’ shooting this year.

Yeah I don't want to break up the great chemistry the two share. Kyrie has heaped endless praise on Smart, and while it may hurt Brown to come off the bench, winning will ultimately solve all problems.

We also hold a 16-7 record ever since the two have started together.

Marcus Smart has a higher 3P% than...
Klay Thompson – 36.9%
Kemba Walker – 35.9%
Devin Booker – 32.5%
Victor Oladipo – 34.8%
Brad Beal – 35.4%
Jamal Murray – 35.3%
Kyle Lowry – 31.3%
Chris Paul – 35.3%
Joe Ingles – 36.5%
Eric Gordon – 30.8%
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Does Gordon Haywood for Bradley Beal and a player interest anyone? I believe a salary match could be worked out...

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does Gordon Haywood for Bradley Beal and a player interest anyone? I believe a salary match could be worked out...

Why for DC?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 04:47:22 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think in order to define roles and create more of a pecking order and shorter rotation for the playoffs, could a trade for Beal work for the Celtics?

To Celtics - Beal
To Wiz - Brown, Morris, Theis and #1 (Grizzlies pick)

It would remove the log jam of wings and give a dead eye shooter to go with Kyrie in the backcourt.
Morris is reunited with his brother and he's a FA anyway. It opens the way for Hayward and Tatum to up their minutes. Beal is a major upgrade to Brown at SG. How would you even defend a PnR with Beal, Kryie and Horford....with Tatum and Hayward on the weak side? No one fears Brown like they would Beal.

Kyrie
Beal
Tatum
Horford
Baynes

Off the bench
Rozier
Smart
Hayward
Williams

I do not see how adding Beal and removing Morris and Brown makes them better.  It makes them far less flexible defensively and Morris is producing enough offense that this could be a side-grade offensively if Brown continues his recent good play.

If Beal was making less and had one more year on the deal, then maybe.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 04:48:16 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Yeah there is zero reason for Washington to do that when the contracts are similar in terms of dollars and length.  Beal is a better player.

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 04:52:37 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton

Yeah there is zero reason for Washington to do that when the contracts are similar in terms of dollars and length.  Beal is a better player.

Maybe privately he wants out...

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 11:25:01 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

What wins has Beal elevated his team to?

Wiz are actually winning games now , even with Wall out. Ball has been balling.

You put Smart on that team and Beal on our team and you think the Wiz would be successful? LOL, they would lost almost every game. Smart fits this team well, does not mean Beal would not make us better. I can understand if people think Irving is fine with Smart, but do not tell me im wrong if i think we would be better with Beal.

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 11:25:32 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

So they would do a stupid trade ?

They can do better.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 11:59:00 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton

So they would do a stupid trade ?

They can do better.

Maybe Washington is floating the Beal idea, while in reality, the're engaging the amount of interest in Wall.  I'm sure they'd love to unload that disastrous contract. 

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 02:13:44 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
If there's a trade for Beal from the Celts, I want it to be Smart, Morris, Yabu, Bird, and the 2019 Kings pick.

That way the Celts get to keep Brown, Tatum, and the 2019 Memphis pick for an AD trade in the summer.

But I don't think Ainge will go after Beal.

Celts are better off just trading Rozier.

Nikola Vucevic will really help the Celts.
That's the player I want for Rozier and other pieces not involving the core of the team.

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 02:19:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If there's a trade for Beal from the Celts, I want it to be Smart, Morris, Yabu, Bird, and the 2019 Kings pick.

That way the Celts get to keep Brown, Tatum, and the 2019 Memphis pick for an AD trade in the summer.

That's the player I want for Rozier and other pieces not involving the core of the team.
I agree that Vuce would be an awesome guy to add, but it's hard to work it salary wise.

Something like http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9v3gbl6 could be done, but moving Baynes would suck. His toughness and interior defence is super important to this team, as we've seen through our improvement upon his return.

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 02:31:16 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

I agree that Vuce would be an awesome guy to add, but it's hard to work it salary wise.

Something like http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9v3gbl6 could be done, but moving Baynes would suck. His toughness and interior defence is super important to this team, as we've seen through our improvement upon his return.

I agree with you on Baynes.

Another option would be Morris as Morris will be a FA in the summer.
If Ainge doesn't plan on re-signing Morris long term, he could be gone on or before the trade deadline.

Yabu, Rozier, and Morris for Vucevic.

Having Vucevic will allow the Celts to play inside-outside basketball.

Right now the Celts are so dependent on the 3-point shot.
Celts have no big man who can give them points in the low post.
Horford is not as effective in the low block anymore.