Author Topic: Suggestion / Pet Peeve  (Read 5322 times)

Suggestion / Pet Peeve
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
Very Minor pet peeve, and I'm not sure if anything can be done about it.

I'm wondering if there are threads that can be moved out of the "Letest Forum Topics" window.  I like to come here to see the discussions of interesting topics, and I sometimes (rarely) jump in to the discussion.  But for some reason, seeing the constant "Pick a Player Totals Bases Game" or the "Create Your Own Pub Experience: Draft Thread" constantly on the Latest forum topics, is driving me crazy.

I know, I know....lots of people enjoy these games, but I just don't see how they are still considered latest forum topics.  I know that this is a minor issue, and maybe it's more that I'm frusterated by the lack of any real news, but I'm wondering if these shouldn't be moved out of this section?

Thanks for any feedback on this!  I love coming hear, and regardless of this minor issue, I will keep coming back!

Re: Suggestion / Pet Peeve
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
A customizable window on the front page would be nice...

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:53:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm wondering if there are threads that can be moved out of the "Letest Forum Topics" window.  I like to come here to see the discussions of interesting topics, and I sometimes (rarely) jump in to the discussion.  But for some reason, seeing the constant "Pick a Player Totals Bases Game" or the "Create Your Own Pub Experience: Draft Thread" constantly on the Latest forum topics, is driving me crazy.

I know, I know....lots of people enjoy these games, but I just don't see how they are still considered latest forum topics.  I know that this is a minor issue, and maybe it's more that I'm frusterated by the lack of any real news, but I'm wondering if these shouldn't be moved out of this section?

Thanks for any feedback on this!  I love coming hear, and regardless of this minor issue, I will keep coming back!

We have certain software limitations, and then we only have limited time with SBN's support staff.  Therefore, I'm not sure if realistically we'll see movement on anything like this.

That said, in an ideal world we'd have a Latest Forum Topics for basketball discussion, and then another one for the Off Topic forum (Current Events, Fantasy Sports, etc.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Boo, boo ... hiss, hiss! Games are important, too!

(JK) ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Can you double the number of threads listed under latest forum topics?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I think it has been a little extreme lately, but that's mostly due to a lack of things to discuss basketball wise and the membership looking for ways to entertain themselves.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I have a suggestion for the op...

If you choose to stay logged in all the time, you can set your favorite part of the forum as a favorite in your browser. Then you can just click once to get to the topics you want to reply to most.

It's not ideal but given what Roy is saying about software limitations, it might be the quickest way to see what people are talking about in topics you are interested in.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
checkout those threads..

the guys are crazy and come up with off stuff.

i get a good tickle every now and then

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
What the hell is there to talk about other than off-topic Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., anyway?