Author Topic: Kyrie wasn't at the bench during game. (update: he had a nasal surgery)  (Read 11005 times)

Re: Kyrie wasn't at the bench during game. How do you feel about it?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2018, 08:00:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t care.

I just wish he’d been on the floor. Our guards as a collective unit were the worst I’ve seen.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2018, 09:22:58 AM »

Offline Squigs

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'm old school, I guess..  I think they should be on the bench for games if physically able -- nevermind playoffs or more importantly, Game 7's!  Given how cerebral Kyrie is or even Hayward, you would think they would be able to see or possibly diagnose things from the bench during the games, in certain situations - like having another coach out there.  Hell, I never agreed with Garnett not being on the bench when he was injured (even though he was in the locker room), but as I said, I guess I'm old school. 

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2018, 10:12:02 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
None of us know to reason. I think he should have been there. I know it was hard on him not to be playing. Just like Hayward. Hopefully he will start leading or we will be in trouble even with the talent we have coming back.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Update: Injured Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving did not attend his team's Game 7 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers because he had undergone surgery for a deviated septum, coach Danny Ainge said Monday.

Irving had not played in the Celtics' run to the Eastern Conference finals after undergoing a pair of surgeries in March and April to remove screws from his left patella that had become infected. The team indicated at the time that he was expected to need four to five months to recover

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23631844/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-does-not-attend-game-7-due-deviated-septum-surgery

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Baynes also broke his nose in game 6 so it seems like we have a nasal injury bug rotating around our team..

Maybe I think it's cause we are such nosy fans.  :angel:
Update: Injured Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving did not attend his team's Game 7 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers because he had undergone surgery for a deviated septum, coach Danny Ainge said Monday.

Irving had not played in the Celtics' run to the Eastern Conference finals after undergoing a pair of surgeries in March and April to remove screws from his left patella that had become infected. The team indicated at the time that he was expected to need four to five months to recover

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23631844/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-does-not-attend-game-7-due-deviated-septum-surgery
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Apparently he wanted to attend but couldn’t fly.

Injured Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving did not attend his team's Game 7 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers because he had undergone surgery for a deviated septum, president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Monday.

"I don't think he wanted to be seen," Ainge said, before joking that "he's a really good-looking guy. He didn't want to ruin his movie career."

Irving's agent, Jeff Wechsler, told ESPN's Jackie MacMullan that the point guard wanted to attend the game but couldn't fly because of the surgery.

"It was a residual from the facial fracture he had earlier in the season," Wechsler said of the injury. "He had the knee surgery, and now he's taken care of this sinus surgery, so he will be all set going forward."

How long before someone says “well he should’ve waited till the end of the finals to do the surgery he’s clearly not a team player!”  ::)
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Sounds like a face-saving move.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Sounds like a face-saving move.
Good one. TP

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
What's with Kyrie having all of these injuries? First his knee surgery and now his nose? What.

EDIT: Sorry overreaction. He had the mask earlier this season. Gotta get it taken care of earlier, mate. Won't hold him accountable though.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Keith Smith
 Talking to folks today, Boston had no problem with Kyrie Irving missing Game 7 due to his surgery for a deviated septum. Word is it was with a specific surgeon, who is hard to get in with. In addition, the plan was to get it done now and be back with the team had they advanced.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Baynes also broke his nose in game 6 so it seems like we have a nasal injury bug rotating around our team..

Who is the idiot handling nose conditioning on the training staff? Fire that guy!

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Keith Smith
 Talking to folks today, Boston had no problem with Kyrie Irving missing Game 7 due to his surgery for a deviated septum. Word is it was with a specific surgeon, who is hard to get in with. In addition, the plan was to get it done now and be back with the team had they advanced.

I think Boston/Ainge will never have an issue with Kyrie.  We traded for him knowing that he a) exerted no effort on defense throughout his career; b) demanded a trade from a perennial contender out of clinically significant narcissism/personality pathology; c) threatened to have surgery on his knee if his trade demand was not met; d) went several days without speaking to his teammates during the '17 Finals; e) has the character to trash his former city and coach in post-trade statements; f) needlessly placed himself at risk of missing the playoffs with his new team in year #1 (best impression) when it was apparent they couldn't beat GS, and then magically had an infection; g) missed the biggest opportunity of the season to support his young and overachieving teammates because his nighttime snoring was insufferable.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2018, 10:21:46 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
I'm amazed how much we seem to doubt Kyrie's commitment to the team and are always looking for evidence to reassure us. Brad has said that Kyrie's played a big role in mentoring in the background during his injury. What more do we want from the guy?
Some fans are never happy

Not true Kyrie apologists.

When has Stevens ever criticized a player ?
He should have been there period. Surgery can wait.
A Celtic does not let his teammates down like that.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

Keith Smith

I think Boston/Ainge will never have an issue with Kyrie.  We traded for him knowing that he a) exerted no effort on defense throughout his career; b) demanded a trade from a perennial contender out of clinically significant narcissism/personality pathology; c) threatened to have surgery on his knee if his trade demand was not met; d) went several days without speaking to his teammates during the '17 Finals; e) has the character to trash his former city and coach in post-trade statements; f) needlessly placed himself at risk of missing the playoffs with his new team in year #1 (best impression) when it was apparent they couldn't beat GS, and then magically had an infection; g) missed the biggest opportunity of the season to support his young and overachieving teammates because his nighttime snoring was insufferable.

is this post a joke or serious?? You honestly think that the infection in his knee and the knee surgery was not real?

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2018, 10:25:18 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
I don’t care.

I just wish he’d been on the floor. Our guards as a collective unit were the worst I’ve seen.

Very surprised this would not bother you, Roy.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce