Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 450175 times)

scaryjerry, Phantom255x, RMO, Who, chicagoceltic, jpotter33, tazzmaniac, RJ87, Atzar, smicker16 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #4335 on: March 30, 2024, 12:38:35 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Genuine question, how do people think Embid is going to come in “healthy”? He has been injured by or in the playoffs every year of his career. Crazier, even when he has been healthy he has been wiped by the playoffs from a conditioning standpoint. Do people think he is frozen in ice right now or something?

I get being paranoid but I try to keep some reason in my paranoia and it seems a lot more likely jimmy butler goes super nova and the heat role players are on fire than Embid comes back from not being able to run for two months and is dominant

He’s never healthy because by the time the playoffs roll around he’s worn down and/or injured. Maybe he comes back and that knee is good to go for at least one round? Regardless if this team has to worry about the first round that would be a bag sign. It’s time to be the boogeyman and stop seeing ghosts.

Well the injury part of it is half of it. But the conditioning is a separate issue and he has gotten gassed when he has been playing (look up Greg Monroe raptors playoffs). How is he gonna be able to play 30 minutes with 4 games under his belt max? We got plenty of boogey men without inventing them

« Reply #4336 on: March 30, 2024, 01:28:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1373
So Blazers lose by 60 for the 2nd time in a season, this time bs Miami…Scoot a -58, that’s gotta be some kind of record
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4337 on: March 30, 2024, 06:37:38 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2487
Genuine question, how do people think Embid is going to come in “healthy”? He has been injured by or in the playoffs every year of his career. Crazier, even when he has been healthy he has been wiped by the playoffs from a conditioning standpoint. Do people think he is frozen in ice right now or something?

I get being paranoid but I try to keep some reason in my paranoia and it seems a lot more likely jimmy butler goes super nova and the heat role players are on fire than Embid comes back from not being able to run for two months and is dominant

He’s never healthy because by the time the playoffs roll around he’s worn down and/or injured. Maybe he comes back and that knee is good to go for at least one round? Regardless if this team has to worry about the first round that would be a bag sign. It’s time to be the boogeyman and stop seeing ghosts.

Well the injury part of it is half of it. But the conditioning is a separate issue and he has gotten gassed when he has been playing (look up Greg Monroe raptors playoffs). How is he gonna be able to play 30 minutes with 4 games under his belt max? We got plenty of boogey men without inventing them

I tend to agree. It's a bit like the Ben Simmons situation on the Nets a couple years ago. Not likely someone misses so much time and just comes in all pistons firing. The Sixers have had a lot of roster turnover too. It will be tough for Embiid to integrate in time.

« Reply #4338 on: March 30, 2024, 07:46:51 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Jalen Williams

With Shai on the floor = 19.3pts per 75 possessions on 62.9% TS% with 4.5ast to 1.5 turnovers (3:1 AST:TO ratio).

With Shai off the floor = 26.2pts per 75 possessions on 61.4% TS% with 6.2ast to 2.8 turnovers.

Stellar production without Shai. This guy is an All-Star player. Strong defender. Versatile scorer. Can shoot, drive, finish. Off ball. On ball. Very good passer for a wing. Rebounds. Does it all.

This guy is Scottie Pippen to Shai's MJ.

He doesn't get enough credit. OKC is no one-man team.

« Reply #4339 on: March 30, 2024, 11:00:05 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Jalen Williams

With Shai on the floor = 19.3pts per 75 possessions on 62.9% TS% with 4.5ast to 1.5 turnovers (3:1 AST:TO ratio).

With Shai off the floor = 26.2pts per 75 possessions on 61.4% TS% with 6.2ast to 2.8 turnovers.

Stellar production without Shai. This guy is an All-Star player. Strong defender. Versatile scorer. Can shoot, drive, finish. Off ball. On ball. Very good passer for a wing. Rebounds. Does it all.

Nether does Chet who is averaging 17pts/8rebs as a third option, with shooting splits 54/38/80 while providing high level defense.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4340 on: March 30, 2024, 11:02:25 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Really starting to shake out in the east.

I think Miami ends up the 6 or 7 seed

Pacers the 6 or 7 seed

Sixers will have to fight for the 8 seed with Bull/Atlanta

Boston vs Sixers/Bulls/Hawks
Bucks vs Heat/Pacers
Knicks vs Heat/Pacers
Magic vs Cavs

I prefer:

Boston vs 8 seed
Bucks vs Pacers
Knicks vs Heat
Cavs v Magic.

That to me is the ideal path to the finals for Boston. C's would only have to get one of the Bucks. Heat, Pacers or Knicks in the ECF.

« Reply #4341 on: March 30, 2024, 12:07:50 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Really starting to shake out in the east.

I think Miami ends up the 6 or 7 seed

Pacers the 6 or 7 seed

Sixers will have to fight for the 8 seed with Bull/Atlanta

Boston vs Sixers/Bulls/Hawks
Bucks vs Heat/Pacers
Knicks vs Heat/Pacers
Magic vs Cavs

I prefer:

Boston vs 8 seed
Bucks vs Pacers
Knicks vs Heat
Cavs v Magic.

That to me is the ideal path to the finals for Boston. C's would only have to get one of the Bucks. Heat, Pacers or Knicks in the ECF.

Agreed, but we had the ideal path last season and took Miami too lightly and lost.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4342 on: March 30, 2024, 12:16:17 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Jalen Williams

Nether does Chet who is averaging 17pts/8rebs as a third option, with shooting splits 54/38/80 while providing high level defense.

Yeah, OKC needs to start going all-in. Cash in assets for strong vet role players. A banger down low, a dead eye shooter and a quality back up point. What’s there draft war chest look like?

« Reply #4343 on: March 30, 2024, 12:59:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Jalen Williams

Yeah, OKC needs to start going all-in. Cash in assets for strong vet role players. A banger down low, a dead eye shooter and a quality back up point. What’s there draft war chest look like?

They have more picks than they can use.

« Reply #4344 on: March 30, 2024, 01:41:01 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
So after D. Murray put up 44 points on 44 shots the other night, Brunson last night with 61 points on 47 shots. Have a feeling we'll see more of this down the stretch especially as games start to not really matter for a majority of the league either locked into seeding or already eliminated. Maybe we should let Tatum take 50 shots in a meaningless game and see what happens lol, maybe he puts up 70+ points
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4345 on: March 30, 2024, 01:45:29 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Jalen Williams

They have more picks than they can use.

We’ll see how aggressive they’ll be.  The Hayward trade wasn’t very inspiring in their first go-round at the deadline as a contender.  They’ve got two more years of Holmgren and Williams on rookie deals.  If they aren’t aggressive now, their window will likely close quickly once everyone gets expensive.  Either or both could be eligible for the 30% rookie extension, and SGA will be a supermax the following year.

« Reply #4346 on: March 30, 2024, 02:04:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I don't think OKC needs to do that much.

I love their Big Three of SGA, J-Dub, Chet. I also love their role players of Giddey & Dort.

They need a legit backup big man. If they could find a way to get someone like a Varejao to come off the bench behind Chet, that would be ideal. Allow them to big with a twin towers approach at times.

Cason Wallace is an interesting young backup PG. Isaiah Joe a young backup SG.

« Reply #4347 on: March 30, 2024, 04:07:46 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So after D. Murray put up 44 points on 44 shots the other night, Brunson last night with 61 points on 47 shots. Have a feeling we'll see more of this down the stretch especially as games start to not really matter for a majority of the league either locked into seeding or already eliminated. Maybe we should let Tatum take 50 shots in a meaningless game and see what happens lol, maybe he puts up 70+ points

No, Mazzulla's idea of experimenting is to let Porzingis try to defend fast guards.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4348 on: March 30, 2024, 07:53:05 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

No, Mazzulla's idea of experimenting is to let Porzingis try to defend fast guards.

That’s far more useful than Tatum taking 70 shots.

« Reply #4349 on: March 30, 2024, 10:27:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I don't think OKC needs to do that much.

I love their Big Three of SGA, J-Dub, Chet. I also love their role players of Giddey & Dort.

They need a legit backup big man. If they could find a way to get someone like a Varejao to come off the bench behind Chet, that would be ideal. Allow them to big with a twin towers approach at times.

Cason Wallace is an interesting young backup PG. Isaiah Joe a young backup SG.

Giddey is actually really mediocre. He has regressed and hasn’t improved his shooting at all. He probably isn’t part of a closing 5 in a playoff game