Author Topic: Smart out up to two rounds!  (Read 21591 times)

Re: Smart out up to two rounds!
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2019, 02:51:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Adam Himmeslbach:  Marcus Smart was drenched in sweat after his workout today. "Finally," he said with a big smile.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1121123473068367872

You absolute beast Marcus!!!

Also how on earth did this turn into yet another trade debate, and one that increasingly doesn't involve Marcus? You guys know we're in the playoffs right now in the present, right?

« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Adam Himmeslbach:  Marcus Smart was drenched in sweat after his workout today. "Finally," he said with a big smile.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1121123473068367872

You absolute beast Marcus!!!

Also how on earth did this turn into yet another trade debate, and one that increasingly doesn't involve Marcus? You guys know we're in the playoffs right now in the present, right?

« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2019, 04:32:38 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
I don't see Danny or Brad parting with Smart at all.  He's the one guy who embodies what they want on the floor,  and is now capable of running the team the way they want while shooting better. He's literally become exactly what they want from a player.

No way that happens.

He's basically the only player they can completely trust out on the floor right now.

As far as being an extension of the way they want to play.

And you don't groom a guy like that for years to then turn around and make him the opposition on any team.

Lol. Danny would trade Marcus Smart in a heartbeat for Anthony Davis.

It's not gonna be Smart for AD, so I don't know why yall keep saying that.  And to me...it looks kinda bone-headed to be trading players who continually go deep in the playoffs for one player who doesn't...and they didn't even make that much noise with a top 10 power forward beside him, and championship caliper.point guard.

Then throw in the fact N.O. is not gonna do business with the Lakers, and Davis only has one year left on his contract...

Trade on young man, trade on.

I don't even get why yall are even supporting this team when the only players you guys think is worth anything is Hayward, Kyrie and Al, with the rest being broken players in one form or another.

And to add on to that...Gordon went down 5 minutes into last year and Kyrie played 60 games.

Who's team is this again? Kyrie, Gordon and Al's?

Okey dokey...I just maintain people don't know the real core of this team and want to sacrifice it for anyone except them...and these guys came right out of college making a big difference, flaws and all.

All they get for it is  "he's lost taking it to the rim, he don't pass, he can't shoot free throws, he iso's too much, he's a black hole, he don't play defense...but stay in the playoffs since they first stepped foot in the league from college.

Meanwhile the other guys don't play defense either, and Gordon is only gonna help a team, he's not gonna "lead" them anywhere.

I hope yall know what you want, or if you really have it all figured out.

If any of those guys gave numbers like Gordon, you want to jet them to another team quickly, but Gordon is this team's secret weapon though. And Kyrie is not even putting up IT numbers, but you would think he was twice the player by what I read.

You're putting a lot of words in peoples mouths. No one is saying Smart isn't good or should go. If anything, people in this thread have said the opposite - he's their fave player on the team. BUT he's the obvious choice for salary matching and it's not worth killing a trade for AD to keep him.

And Channing Frye and Gerald Green has had more playoff success than AD, would you keep them over him?

Danny has shown no personal bias when making trades. He's traded guys like Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Isaiah Thomas. He wouldn't hesitate to trade Marcus Smart. You're setting yourself up for heartbreak if you think otherwise.

All those guys Danny traded were either injured or past their Prime. Danny has a type of player he likes and so does Brad.  I think you guys are setting yourself up for hearbreak. They don't keep Smart in the lineup after his little discretions for trade bait, and they don't keep Rozier or Morris around because they kill this team like posters always say. As much negativity as I throw their way...I atleast see a bit of their vision, and it's not hording players to trade them.

I don't see them adding Smart in that. I just don't.

If they were smart, they would leave JB and Tatum alone, too.

And lol at Smart being trade filler now.

How bout trading Kyrie for Davis or another big stud because of his value? That would actually make more sense since players are so replaceable. Or Gordon with his value going up?
the idea is to add AD to Kyrie, Hayward and Al - not replace one of them with AD.  that'd be pointless.

I get the love of the young guys we drafted.  they're always near and dear to our hearts as C's fans but if we can get a top 3 player in the league for 'just' Tatum and Smart while keeping Brown, you make that deal  provided AD is open to resigning here.  if he's adamant about leaving, I wouldn't do the deal for a 1-year rental.  most people wouldn't.

I'm ok with JT and MS for AD, but if that is the deal plus salary filler I'm not doing all of the picks.  Not for 2 young starters.  They get those 2 I give 2 of the 4 big picks and maybe a future boston pick.  AD is only a rental at this point and then you have to give him the max.  Now if he agrees verbally for a max extension with a handshake knowing he can't sign it for a year then I might add the picks back in, but not for a rental.

« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2019, 04:53:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Let's get back on subject

« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2019, 05:03:11 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm not a doctor but it seems to me that Smart's injury could reoccur if he came back too early.  I love the dude but would not get my hopes up about him coming back at all for the Milwaukee series.

« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2019, 08:04:29 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
It's probably worth bringing him back early if we go down 2-0.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2019, 08:08:50 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
is today technically the 2nd week or 3rd week of Smart's rehab?

Day 14 today..

Game 3 he will be 25 days... so 3.5 weeks.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Encouraging update on Smart from Himmelsbach
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2019, 08:41:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1121123473068367872

@AdamHimmelsbach
Marcus Smart was drenched in sweat after his workout today. "Finally," he said with a big smile

Re: Encouraging update on Smart from Himmelsbach
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2019, 09:02:20 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1121123473068367872

@AdamHimmelsbach
Marcus Smart was drenched in sweat after his workout today. "Finally," he said with a big smile

this was yesterday

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2019, 09:21:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Wasn't Smart injured for a portion of our MIL series last year at this time? And he came back around game 3 I think and had an IMMEDIATE impact?

Deja Vu?

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wasn't Smart injured for a portion of our MIL series last year at this time? And he came back around game 3 I think and had an IMMEDIATE impact?

Deja Vu?

It was Game 5 and yup. Gandalf coming over the hill at dawn.

His first defensive day back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJtV5a4sukU&t=18s
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:46:55 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2019, 10:11:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
is today technically the 2nd week or 3rd week of Smart's rehab?

Day 14 today..

Game 3 he will be 25 days... so 3.5 weeks.

Hopefully, it's the Celtics that'll be up 2-0 entering Game 3.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2019, 04:40:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Smart's injury happened on the 7th. 2nd to last game of the season. By the time game 1 of the second round is played it will have been 3 weeks since the injury. If he comes back for game 4, it will be 4 weeks off.

If the Celtics can take any of the first 3 games and get Smart back, at home, for game 4 that would be ok.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008