Author Topic: Durant + Irving  (Read 1332 times)

Durant + Irving
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:48:42 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
Is it possible to first sign KD and than re-sign with KI. Do we have cap space for that?

Re: Durant + Irving
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 10:50:02 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
Sign and trade for durant only, probably with hayward, then resign KI.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:50:19 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Is it possible to first sign KD and than re-sign with KI. Do we have cap space for that?

No.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 10:52:11 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Nope.

I still don't understand why Irving doesn't want to play here with Stevens... KD and Kyrie could be apart of something special here... I mean did he really hate Stevens that much?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Nope.

I still don't understand why Irving doesn't want to play here with Stevens... KD and Kyrie could be apart of something special here... I mean did he really hate Stevens that much?

Apparently, Kyrie had issues with everybody (Ainge, Stevens, Brown, Rozier, probably Hayward.)

By the way, I think there is a way we can get Durant and re-sign Kyrie. That would be Durant opting in with the agreement he's traded to the Celtics (likely for Hayward, as the two salaries match.)

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 11:00:34 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Can be done if we renounce all free agents expect Kyrie and dump Hayward and yabu contracts

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 11:01:52 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Nope.

Apparently, Kyrie had issues with everybody (Ainge, Stevens, Brown, Rozier, probably Hayward.)

By the way, I think there is a way we can get Durant and re-sign Kyrie. That would be Durant opting in with the agreement he's traded to the Celtics (likely for Hayward, as the two salaries match.)

No no no. The main reason is the Celtics fans that hate him... especially the vocal 15% of the fans on this site...
Another reason is that Boston media personalities also hate him for no reason... so he’s moving on for those reasons

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 11:04:46 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Nope.

No no no. The main reason is the Celtics fans that hate him... especially the vocal 15% of the fans on this site...
Another reason is that Boston media personalities also hate him for no reason... so he’s moving on for those reasons

Except Celtics fans didn't hate him at all. They would chant MVP every time he was the free throw line (and I know because I went to 10 games last season and he played in every one of them.) The only time he probably heard some grumbling was in the Milwaukee series and justifiably so (although the whole team deserved to get booed, and pretty much did.)

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 11:25:21 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Nope.

Kyrie saw himself as a vet who could coast through parts of the regular season, and could turn it on in the playoffs. This strategy probably made the most sense in Cleveland, where the team's playoff performance hinged almost completely on LeBron and him, and they both had developed playing styles that the team accepted as fully formed.

Stevens sees the season as a platform for development and continuous improvement. We had a lot to work out and the team depended on the growth of the younger players. We couldn't depend on two players. We needed a team wide culture. We needed to play hard consistently.

Stevens also had different ideas about pacing and movement than Kyrie, and Kyrie wanted none of it. He likes to play at a controlled pace. He thought it was the job of the team to wrap itself around him, instead of the other way around.

Stevens was right, and Kyrie was wrong about all of it. He developed certain ideas about how teams work in Cleveland, and wanted it to work that way here, only with him playing the LeBron role. There was no salvaging this. He's just not a Celtic.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 11:26:37 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Nope.

Except Celtics fans didn't hate him at all. They would chant MVP every time he was the free throw line (and I know because I went to 10 games last season and he played in every one of them.) The only time he probably heard some grumbling was in the Milwaukee series and justifiably so (although the whole team deserved to get booed, and pretty much did.)
Toxic fans want him gone so he gone, as he promised

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 11:29:07 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Trade Brown and get off Rozer, clear space for KD then re-sign Kyrie, it can work