Author Topic: Baynes starting, Hayward off the bench  (Read 8338 times)

Re: Baynes starting, Hayward off the bench
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2018, 03:24:51 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Hayward has probably already peaked as a player.  Unlikely he will ever play as well as he did his lone all-star season.  That said, I think he might start looking like himself again (16ppg, 44% from the field 36% from three) after the allstar break.

If what you mean is that he has peaked statistically as a player, then I probably agree.

I don't think he has peaked as a facilitator/passer/playmaker. I don't think he has peaked as a defender or rebounder. I don't think he has peaked as a shooter.

He may never have the scoring stats that he had in Utah, but I think he can still become a better basketball player.

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 04:57:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Hayward has probably already peaked as a player.  Unlikely he will ever play as well as he did his lone all-star season.  That said, I think he might start looking like himself again (16ppg, 44% from the field 36% from three) after the allstar break.

That's great news that you feel that way!! Considering your track record for predicting player success is so god awful, that this makes me feel really positive about Hayward's career moving forward.

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2018, 05:49:51 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Hayward has trended well, I think the stats bear out.

I prefer the non Hayward starting five with Smart and Australia. Neither Smart or Baynes are scoring threats allowing Irving/Morris/Tatum to make it happen, which they have.

Brown/Rozier/Hayward can work on playing together, which they have been doing. I suggest it offers Hayward and Brown, whom have needed to improve, the opportunity to be on the court for whatever minutes a game as a unit without Irving and Tatum.

Don't know if it will work for the bench...that is up to them...it is clearly working for the starters.
Morris is going to have a career season? Perfect, start him and give him the ball. Irving can play off the ball? No problem. Smart can facilitate on offense and win a dozen possessions on defense? Have at it. Tatum needs to score? Easy. Baynes takes a couple shots a game and runs the scrum underneath? We have a starting role for you.

Morris, Rozier, Irving, Smart and Tatum were ba*&'s to the wall in the second half last night. Wizards had too few answers.

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2018, 06:02:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hayward has trended well, I think the stats bear out.

I prefer the non Hayward starting five with Smart and Australia. Neither Smart or Baynes are scoring threats allowing Irving/Morris/Tatum to make it happen, which they have.

Brown/Rozier/Hayward can work on playing together,
which they have been doing. I suggest it offers Hayward and Brown, whom have needed to improve, the opportunity to be on the court for whatever minutes a game as a unit without Irving and Tatum.

Don't know if it will work for the bench...that is up to them...it is clearly working for the starters.
Morris is going to have a career season? Perfect, start him and give him the ball. Irving can play off the ball? No problem. Smart can facilitate on offense and win a dozen possessions on defense? Have at it. Tatum needs to score? Easy. Baynes takes a couple shots a game and runs the scrum underneath? We have a starting role for you.

Morris, Rozier, Irving, Smart and Tatum were ba*&'s to the wall in the second half last night. Wizards had too few answers.
So you are benching Horford to have Baynes and Morris in the starting lineup with Horford, Hayward, Brown, Rozier and Theis as your bench players?