Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 240807 times)

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #960 on: September 05, 2018, 11:37:27 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #961 on: September 05, 2018, 11:54:27 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

« Reply #962 on: September 05, 2018, 12:04:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1037104974520442881?s=21

What does it say?
Brad Stevens said he’s really encouraged by the way Robert Williams has worked this summer. The rookie has been in the Boston area for a while preparing for the season.

« Reply #963 on: September 05, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Robert Williams feels like the forgotten man this offseason. However, I think that may have more to do with the recent success of the team, the embarrassment of riches with the starting 5, and the title contending expectations for this season. Ideally, a team with this much talent, shouldn't need to rely on a rookie. Having said that, I'm still looking forward to seeing Williams play. Hopefully he can progress enough during the season to be able to play a role in the playoffs. Every hustle play, rebound and defensive stop is magnified in the playoffs, and I think Williams could fill some of that.

« Reply #964 on: September 05, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1037104974520442881?s=21

What does it say?
Brad Stevens said he’s really encouraged by the way Robert Williams has worked this summer. The rookie has been in the Boston area for a while preparing for the season.
Just when i',m wondering how he is doing and re-watching his analysis videos ::)

I'm pretty excited about him , if his knee is fine and he does work hard i'm really hoping he has a role even this year

His traits:
1.has the whole package of dominating athletic and length even for NBA, lack of strength as a big for now, will get pushed around by NBA bigs
2.very good passer with excellent vision and very unselfish,pass accurate and quick reading.
3.excellent rebounder (numbers better than Bagley/Ayton/JJJ/Carter/Bamba), willing to box out
4.very good instinct about the game, high Bball IQ, game seems slow for him, learns fairly quick and very coach-able
5.excellent scorer around the basket (number better than Bagley/Ayton)
6.love to play defense, two time DPOY

Other than strength his most lacking part is fundamental concepts/knowledge, the know-hows , so stay under the radar may help him learn those   

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:12:33 PM by playdream »

« Reply #965 on: September 05, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
 CelticsLife.com Retweeted

Taylor Snow

Verified account

@taylorcsnow
 17h17 hours ago
More
Aron Baynes says he's seen Robert Williams working out at the @Celtics practice facility over the past few weeks. "He’s definitely got a few attributes that are going to help the team. And he’s definitely got an exciting future," Baynes says of his rookie frontcourt mate.

0 replies 15 retweets 203 likes
Reply   Retweet 15   Liked 203   Direct message

« Reply #966 on: September 05, 2018, 05:43:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Robert Williams said he hasn’t been cleared for 5-on-5 yet. Hopes to be ready for the start of training camp.

This is definitely a concern. He says he's also battling tendinitis. That knee could very well be the main reason why he slipped so much.

« Reply #967 on: September 05, 2018, 06:00:47 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Robert Williams said he hasn’t been cleared for 5-on-5 yet. Hopes to be ready for the start of training camp.

This is definitely a concern. He says he's also battling tendinitis. That knee could very well be the main reason why he slipped so much.

Yeah, said Stevens was riding the bike with him today. LOL.

Tendinitis sucks. Tons of NBA players have it though, its certainly not a unique or too worrisome. Hopefully he's ready for camp.

« Reply #968 on: September 05, 2018, 06:02:58 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Since then, Williams has spent much of the summer in Boston working with the Celtics' coaches and training staff.

"Just strengthening places I need to strengthen," Williams said. "Obviously my knee, obviously knowing what's going on out there on the court, knowing the calls before (Brad Stevens) throws in me a 5-on-5 game. He's been teaching me actually the past couple days, just hammering in the calls, all the play names, all the big names for things, so it's just been a great perspective, a great opportunity."

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/09/boston_celtics_robert_williams_1.html

« Reply #969 on: September 05, 2018, 06:29:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He gives one long interview.

Love the kid.

« Reply #970 on: September 05, 2018, 10:17:48 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
https://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/1037443388101079047

Robert Williams on the love he feels in Massachusetts: “They’re not out here screaming ‘Where’s your wallet?’”

« Reply #971 on: September 06, 2018, 04:19:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

Robert Williams on the love he feels in Massachusetts: “They’re not out here screaming ‘Where’s your wallet?’”

We are asking a 20 year old to act mature and isn't it time for fans and press to mature with respect to wallet and sleeping jokes "time to put that to bed".
Humor can be so vindictive and a form of bullying.
That Robert is a good kid shows through in all his interviews  and Brad taking the time to be hands on with the young guy builds team loyalty.
Taking the time on the bike is a story  "not to be forgotten"

« Reply #972 on: September 06, 2018, 04:51:29 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
sleeping and wallet joke should be the one you make inside the blog not the one you say to him, i think it's basic manner

« Reply #973 on: September 06, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I remember one year the rookie class was decimated with some pretty serious injuries Gordon,Parker,Marcus,Exum,Randle,Noel, to name a few.
I started to wonder if kids coming in young and talented were not pushing their bodies too far too fast too young attempting to keep up with older,wiser stronger vets.

These kids came out of college playing a few game a week and a short season.
Philly has had some bad luck with bigs!!!It seems bigs are susceptible to leg injuries
 So maybe its good that Robert was injured and not playing 5-5 and getting rave reviews for his athleticism.And red lining his engine before its ready.
Robert is 20 but has to learn how to strengthen and treat his body while learning how to use his gifts against grown NBA players.

« Reply #974 on: September 06, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

We are asking a 20 year old to act mature and isn't it time for fans and press to mature with respect to wallet and sleeping jokes "time to put that to bed".
Humor can be so vindictive and a form of bullying.
That Robert is a good kid shows through in all his interviews  and Brad taking the time to be hands on with the young guy builds team loyalty.
Taking the time on the bike is a story  "not to be forgotten"
It was William's himself that made the "Where's his wallet" comment, not the fans or press.