Author Topic: Crowder doesn't help Kevin Love off the ground (video)  (Read 2876 times)

Re: Crowder doesn't help Kevin Love off the ground (video)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 02:33:53 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Am I the only person who doesn't like the practice of helping pick up some of the fittest athletes in the world? I have never fell to the ground and put my hand up to ask for help. I'll admit that I'm lazy, but asking someone else to pick you up seems ridiculous to me. Some of these guys act like they're 600 pounds and without any help, they couldn't get up by themselves. Or they act like they can't get up because they're too hurt, but once you pick them up they're perfectly fine to play. I understand the idea behind it, with teammates helping each other out, but this practice is over used and just makes players look lazy.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Am I the only person who doesn't like the practice of helping pick up some of the fittest athletes in the world? I have never fell to the ground and put my hand up to ask for help. I'll admit that I'm lazy, but asking someone else to pick you up seems ridiculous to me. Some of these guys act like they're 600 pounds and without any help, they couldn't get up by themselves. Or they act like they can't get up because they're too hurt, but once you pick them up they're perfectly fine to play. I understand the idea behind it, with teammates helping each other out, but this practice is over used and just makes players look lazy.
You make a great point.  I always popped right up myself, but I guess it made me feel slightly special when my teammates got to me before I could pop up.  I can’t imagine sitting there waiting for help with arms out like some guys do.  All the slapping after a freaking free throw is corny as hell too.

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 04:18:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
You make a great point.  I always popped right up myself, but I guess it made me feel slightly special when my teammates got to me before I could pop up.  I can’t imagine sitting there waiting for help with arms out like some guys do.  All the slapping after a freaking free throw is corny as hell too.
I don't think it's about asking for help as much as it's about offering help to a teammate. It's certainly not necessary but it fosters a sense of togetherness between teammates. I imagine that's the reasoning behind it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 04:41:57 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Man, I am so less concerned about whether Jae Crowder remembers to help pick Kevin Love up off the floor than I am with our own Celtics team helping each other to pick up our crappy offense off the floor.

Cleveland will take care of Cleveland.   I'm worried about how things are going in Boston.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 04:59:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Man, I am so less concerned about whether Jae Crowder remembers to help pick Kevin Love up off the floor than I am with our own Celtics team helping each other to pick up our crappy offense off the floor.

Cleveland will take care of Cleveland.   I'm worried about how things are going in Boston.

So...... why not just skip this thread? There's plenty of "the sky is falling" threads 'round these parts.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Cavs be fine and win the East
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 06:30:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wow
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)